[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Yes that is what i mean. I do not press any key on the remote. It start direct in Libreelec. Is that standard?

Yes. If you plug these boxes in they will try to boot. To whatever they're set to boot from.
    So if there's an sd card or usb stick with libreelec on inserted they'll boot to that.

A 'stock' box will boot to android when you plug it in.

• @kszaq

I have a RUPA M8S Pro S905 box. I dowloaded this 8.0 software and a tree via Rufus to a SD Card. I then used Android Terminal to boot into recovery mode.

But after the box is powered on it takes around 10 minutes before the LibreElec logo shows up and its starts to boot. When it has started its works just fine but everytime i reboot the box it takes another 10 minutes for the Libre Elec to boot. Just a black screen before that. Really weird.

I tried to use a USB disk instead but with the same result.

• @kszaq

I have a RUPA M8S Pro S905 box. I dowloaded this 8.0 software and a tree via Rufus to a SD Card. I then used Android Terminal to boot into recovery mode.

But after the box is powered on it takes around 10 minutes before the LibreElec logo shows up and its starts to boot. When it has started its works just fine but everytime i reboot the box it takes another 10 minutes for the Libre Elec to boot. Just a black screen before that. Really weird.

I tried to use a USB disk instead but with the same result.

I'm sorry, I don't know that box. The only way to debug it is to hook up a serial console. You may also want to seek for an updated firmware from manufacturer.

• I'm sorry, I don't know that box. The only way to debug it is to hook up a serial console. You may also want to seek for an updated firmware from manufacturer.

Okey, i see, i guess i sell the box and buy another. Is the Beelink M18 a good option for libreelec?

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 7, 2017 at 3:06 PM).

• hey I'm confused on loading this mxq pro 4k to my box with any computer tools none work every file I try it says invalid file the only one program that reconies the box is androidtool but any file I try to add it says invalid I forgot to mention I'm using windows 10
    and its been 3 days now lol Finally I managed to get android back on this mxq 4k here is build number "rk322x-eng 4.4.1 ktu84q eng hotack 20160308 102208 test-keys and vendor software is rk322x_r-ox_android4.4.4-sdk_v1.0.0. also this firmware is older then the firmware it had on it before I started this. now not sure what firmware I can use of yours

[hr]

hey I'm confused on loading this mxq pro 4k to my box with any computer tools none work every file I try it says invalid file the only one program that reconies the box is androidtool but any file I try to add it says invalid I forgot to mention I'm using windows 10
    and its been 3 days now lol Finally I managed to get android back on this mxq 4k here is build number "rk322x-eng 4.4.1 ktu84q eng hotack 20160308 102208 test-keys and vendor software is rk322x_r-ox_android4.4.4-sdk_v1.0.0. also this firmware is older then the firmware it had on it before I started this. now not sure what firmware I can use of yours

Edited once, last by beeasy79 (March 7, 2017 at 2:27 PM).

• Yes. If you plug these boxes in they will try to boot. To whatever they're set to boot from.
    So if there's an sd card or usb stick with libreelec on inserted they'll boot to that.

A 'stock' box will boot to android when you plug it in.

I ask because i read in the start post that i have to press the menue key to start in libreelec. But it start without press a key or reset key.

Edit:// Press Reset is only on FIRST boot. :angel:

Edited once, last by Wick (March 7, 2017 at 3:12 PM).

• Karol, please post a full log so that I can see your config. Instructions are in sticky post. There were some changes in audio config, I may have done something wrong.

OK, I've got the logs. There are some errors. My current config is set to passthrough for every available format since my AVR can decode everything up to Dolby Atmos (excluded). Sample is trying to play DTS-HD-MA audio stream.
    It is quite odd that only I have this issue with 8d. Looks like I'm special :)

• Moving from Jarvis to Krypton (Mini M8S II 2GB / 16GB), also with 8.0.0d version, if I plug my USB asynchronous DAC, I hear loud noises (bangs) if I jump between chapters (or after fast-forward); This happens either by setting SPDIF or Analog. With Jarvis, no noise of this type.

I tried the USB DAC because I don't know the output optical features.
    On the other hand, with the optical output - ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO (@: CARD = AMLM8AUDIO, DEV = 0), PCM - I don't hear the noise above, but I wonder, as my external DAC does not have an interface display for samplerates of input signals, if the 24bit/96khz signals are supported (I hope my 24bit tracks are not downsampled to 16bit).

• kszaq
    On 8.0.0d, It seems commit 8ab0f5 on the Kernel broke ALSA audio on S905, its weird because audio works inside Kodi, but if you run other programs (like Retroarch) sound is missing, if I revert this commit (or use commit 84ad67 which is one before) and compile from source sound works again, any idea why this might be ?

And also not as important and it might not be relevant to you, but might be worth a mention. At least for me the new peripheral joystick add-on doesn't work anymore (it worked out of the box for 8.0.0c) :( I use an Xbox 360 controller (and a Logitech F310) and I can move around with the analog stick, but the buttons don't work at all (A,B,X,Y,L,R,etc) not even if I try to set it up under input settings.

Thanks again for all the awesome work you are doing for these SOCs :)

Edited once, last by niabi (March 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM).

• OK, I've got the logs. There are some errors. My current config is set to passthrough for every available format since my AVR can decode everything up to Dolby Atmos (excluded). Sample is trying to play DTS-HD-MA audio stream.
    It is quite odd that only I have this issue with 8d. Looks like I'm special :)

I need full LE log files to also see kernel log. I repeat, instructions are in sticky post: thread-981.html
    [hr]

Greetings,

Only this information, it did not appear on TVH.

Best regards...

Probably your tuner is not supported by the drivers although it should be by cx231xx kernel module.

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 7, 2017 at 6:42 PM).