[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Faravid First off please do not post link to the shop. To solve your issue try using gxl device trees, you might have S905X device, despite what shop description says. S905X devices are cheaper to manufacture and some Chinese factories are putting S905X inside without telling.

kszaq Sorry about the link.

With gxl_p212_1g.dtb boot stucks on Amlogic S905 logo.

• Been Pulling my hair out. On MXq emmc install of version 7x I can connect bluetooth and run games in retroarch no issues. When trying on SD Card for s905 or s905x the bluetooth controllers are not picked up in retroarch. There is bluetooth and in LibreELEC I can connect, I still can not get it working, When replacing dtb.img device will not boot, when using another it will boot but not pick up usb devices connected, I tried also the dtb.img from my firmware and it would not boot. Is this dtb.img related. Thank you.

This is not a device tree issue. I'm sorry, I can't help you with retroarch, I don't know how it works.

kszaq Sorry about the link.

With gxl_p212_1g.dtb boot stucks on Amlogic S905 logo.

It looks like the USB drive fails to initialize early on boot. Please try running LE from SD card and see if your USB drive can be seen in LE.

• It looks like the USB drive fails to initialize early on boot. Please try running LE from SD card and see if your USB drive can be seen in LE.

YES!

The USB-drive was to blame.

I tested a different USB-drive and it booted just fine with gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb.
    Working USB-drive: Kingston 64GB DTSE9H, USB 2.0

BTW, I also tested a 4GB USB 2.0 Kingston DataTraveler, but it seemed to stuck on S905 logo, same thing with a 2GB Kingston MicroSD card.
    Are those too small to work with LibreElec?

Resizing storage takes forever with this 64GB stick.

• 2GB is the recommended minimum if you asked me. Some bootloaders have issues with detecting all types of cards / USB drivers, you have to find one that works for you.

I guess my bootloader is extremely picky.

Anyways this 64GB Kingston seems to work very well. Fast boot, fast GUI responce, much faster video playback and response. CEC works very well.

Lets hope it's much more stable than with Android, I had frequent freezes that caused to fail communication to my amplifier for all sources.

Thank you for the help and for the hard work in general.

• 8.0.8c (upgraded via update folder from 8.0.8b)
    Box: X96 2GB 16GB (s905x)

Issues with wireless connection after update. Extremly slow and lost connections, disconnect and reconnect fixes the problem for some time.

• I'm curious, in Settings - Audio, there is an option of output device, by default it's "AML-M8Audio, PCM", but there is another "AML-M8Audio, HDMI".
    What is the difference if I use TV as an audio device (without external audio receivers)?
    Maybe maximum audio level is bigger or something?

• This is not a device tree issue. I'm sorry, I can't help you with retroarch, I don't know how it works.

Thank you for the response. I am confused on why it worked via EMMC on s805 MXq but not on SD running on s905x. Its really odd. Ill do some more research. Thanks again for the reply

• Must just be you, or it's a 905x vs 905 thing because I have a s905 box, went here, hires downloaded a 192 stereo file, played back. 192 on my Denon AVR over HDMI.

Dang it! Must be a setting somewhere. Thanks for the pic as proof! I have a few hi-res DVD-A files which I've ripped over the years. Used to work fine with with my ION-T player. Mind you, I'm not sure I can tell the difference!

• No - my rips are fine, thanks. Worked perfectly with my prior player and Onkyo AV amp. I'm using a new Sony AVR so I may have some limit set in one of the many sound options somewhere.

• I'm struggling with this issue also - I set HDMI as I have 24bit multichannel FLAC files (up to 96kHz) and stereo FLAC files (up to 176kHz and 192kHz) but I can't seem to get more than 96kHz out. GeToChKn seems to get 192kHz working on an s905, though.

Clip from my system log which seems to indicate that my system tops out at 96kHz:

Clip from my Kodi log which indicates HDM capability at 192kHz:

I seem to be getting 96kHz max out of HDMI even when I specify a fixed 192kHz output in the audio settings menu. As I posted earlier in the thread I thought I had seen a limit mentioned in some other thread but I can't find it. Maybe kszaq will clear it up?

• S905X is (currently) limited to 96kHz due to on-chip DAC, S905 can output up to 192kHz.

Ah, so as I said, a 905x vs 905 issue. 905x doesn't really seem that good with sound limitations, and 100mbs ethernet. Only advantage is the 10bit HDR or whatever I think it has over the 905.