[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• You have to play with CEC settings in Kodi.

Another question is, if it is possible to implement Miracast and Airplay into your builds.
    The original android images for K1plus are capable to use this functions.

Airplay is included in Kodi AFAIK. Kodi does not have Miracast support.

• I was running beta5 (no issues) - upgraded to 8.0.0a and lost use of the stock remote. My box is Mini M8S II (S905X). USB mouse/keybaord work fine.

I just updated to 8.0.0b and still no stock remote.

Any ideas?

I also own a Mini M8S II (S905X, 2G/8GB) and updated to 8.0.0b, and stock remote is working without problem. Of course, I always put the corresponding remote.conf in the root directory of my SD card. That's what I did for all of my TV boxes. Maybe you can try the same approach.

• I was running beta5 (no issues) - upgraded to 8.0.0a and lost use of the stock remote. My box is Mini M8S II (S905X). USB mouse/keybaord work fine.

I just updated to 8.0.0b and still no stock remote.

Any ideas?

Please post ls /tmp and cat /tmp/remote*.conf | paste.

• Already playing with 8.0.0.a with a fresh install on SDcard
    S905 P200-2G-100mbits device tree (minim8s)
    Nothing wrong for now, wish I could choose French as a Language, but this is a beta so no big deal

Will maybe try an update, hoping I won't have the boot bug I had last 2 times.

French is available. Install it from kodi repository

• I was wondering if it's possible to somehow upgrade to Kodi 18 with this build? Or alternatively, if you could make a build with Kodi 18 already installed?
    It's just that I'd love to try the Estuary MOD V2 skin, but apparently it's Leia-only. For who knows what reason...

I tried Estuary MOD V2 skin on Odroid-C2 with Raybuntu's Leia build and love it. I think we should ask Estuary MOD developer to back port V2 skin to Krypton instead. kszaq seems too busy handling Jarvis and Krypton builds for S805, S905 devices.

• kszaq - Good news. So far the EDL commercial skip is working beautifully just like on Jarvis. Only played a couple of recordings from this afternoon so far. I will continue to test over the next few days and check back here.

Just FYI my PVR backend is Mythtv 0.28 using the bone stock commflag job.

• Please post ls /tmp and cat /tmp/remote*.conf | paste.

Here you go.

LibreELEC:~ # ls /tmp
    pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n remote.conf
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /tmp/remote*.conf | paste
    ScLe
    LibreELEC:~ #

I'll try other remote.conf files (tried a few already). Thanks.
    [hr]

Here you go.

LibreELEC:~ # ls /tmp
    pulse-PKdhtXMmr18n remote.conf
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /tmp/remote*.conf | paste
    ScLe
    LibreELEC:~ #

I'll try other remote.conf files (tried a few already). Thanks.

Fixed using remote.conf from this site

Then used vi to edit the remote.conf file in /.config (it was at 0 bytes). I believe the issue was transferring the file from mac using samba shares. Anyway - working now.

Thanks kszaq - amazing work!

Edited once, last by RedDoor12 (February 21, 2017 at 12:45 AM).

• Hey, I have a Beelink Mini MXIII II 2/16GB 905X with 7.0.3.012 on it working nicely. I have the same second box ordered and wondered if there would the any benefit flashing 8.0.0 rather than 7.0.3.012? I only use them for streaming movies/TV. Thank you for all the great work you guys do here. Most of this stuff is over my head.

Thank you

• kszaq - Good news. So far the EDL commercial skip is working beautifully just like on Jarvis. Only played a couple of recordings from this afternoon so far. I will continue to test over the next few days and check back here.

Just FYI my PVR backend is Mythtv 0.28 using the bone stock commflag job.

Thank you for the report! Backport submitted to Kodi Krypton: [Backport] VideoPlayer: fix edl skipping by kszaq · Pull Request #11714 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

• Hey lads! Can anyone explain me how those backuped files during installtointernal works ?
    Got them on my laptop and made fresh libreelec sd card. Got luck once boot to libreelec and installation started. But black screen again after reboot.
    What shoud I do with it? Box is dead at the moment :(