[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi I have a question.

My Tronsmart S95 Vega Telos has the option to connect an external Sata Harddrive.
    Is there an option to enable this in LibreElec?

Thanks

Please try it and tell us, I don't have any device with SATA port and can't tell you whether it'll work.

• I think to try this new beta. I had mysql database on my nas with kodi 16.1 (7.0.3 le)
    It worked, but when i switch to krypton i tried make advancedsettings.xml that worked in 16.1, (and worked with k1 plus build le 8 beta of afl1), i cannot make it.
    Always forget what is the settings for media (content type, etc)
    When i use it without advancedsettings mysql setting, the work the identification, but some reason not work when enable it.

Has anyone some solution or tipp?

I find these problems are almost always solved by enabling the "wait for network" setting in the LibreELEC add-on. Basically Kodi loads the libraries before it can talk to the mySQL DB and then it all goes wrong.

• I hooked up an harddrive to the Sata port on my box, but it does not power-up. So I don't think the port is addressed by LibreElec.
    If it was, at least there should be power to the drive.

It would be nice to get external drive support in LibreElec.

I don't have a box with SATA port. I'll email Tronsmart and ask what's needed to support SATA port.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 18, 2017 at 4:57 PM).

• Changelog:

• use standard advancedsettings.xml from LE (includes 175ms audio delay for ~24fps videos)

Do we need the above .xml that was added in the latest 7.0.3.012 release?
    I usually don't notice audio synch issues but the other day I was watching an action movie with multichannel AAC audio and the gun shots were certainly out of sync :)

• Depending on the type of subtitle, it has to be rendered as a graphic to be displayed. As I wrote before, especially with subtitles in ASS format (which allows for a lot of effects, colors and other fluff) this will lead to CPU usage spikes that interfere with the video rendering. It is very easy to notice with software decoded videos, but can also be seen with hardware decoding. You can try downloading subtitles in other formats for your files and check if it gets better.

In my opinion, the root cause for this is that kodi apparently uses just-in-time rendering for the subtitles. This is no problem on PCs with lots of CPU power, but the arm SoCs do not have much power to spare. Pre-rendering subtitles in advance could help with the spikes, but would delay the start of video playback and is most likely a significant change in the kodi player code.

• Thanks for this one, i tried this one before, but no USB or wifi with this DTB (ETH and remote working).
    I was able to install to NAND, but when i power on, the screen remains black.
    still able to boot on the SD card

Anyone with a solution?
    Thanks!

• Depending on the type of subtitle, it has to be rendered as a graphic to be displayed. As I wrote before, especially with subtitles in ASS format (which allows for a lot of effects, colors and other fluff) this will lead to CPU usage spikes that interfere with the video rendering. It is very easy to notice with software decoded videos, but can also be seen with hardware decoding. You can try downloading subtitles in other formats for your files and check if it gets better.

In my opinion, the root cause for this is that kodi apparently uses just-in-time rendering for the subtitles. This is no problem on PCs with lots of CPU power, but the arm SoCs do not have much power to spare. Pre-rendering subtitles in advance could help with the spikes, but would delay the start of video playback and is most likely a significant change in the kodi player code.

I noticed with movie MKV with srt subtitle mixed in.
    and with libreelec 7.0.2.12h I isn't see this problem, just with LE8 beta

It sounds wierd that a CPU+GPU which can run Android and even can render 3d play games cannot jump this level.
    Some deep changes in the player core cause lots of problem here in Krypton.
    eg.
    I noticed with an iptv stream seems played correctly but the info overlay shows an alternating frame rate between 24 an 23.976.
    Also I noticed the passthrough somehow not send the propriate mode to the receiver as Jarvis did. In former version when played any digital format sound switched the receiver to the correct mode, it displayed the mode name (pioneer scrolls the name thru the display) but in this build it happens I have to change the receivers mode or when it switch it to the correct mode it displays the text for a short moment only than erase that immediately but finally stays in that digital mode. It seems if the pt signal is not standard or corrupted somehow...

• Hi All, I have some problem with a MXQ pro 4K box.
    I installed the last version on SD with restart & upgrade method because the box don't have a reset button. All is ok, libreelec is installed.
    But I tried many device trees and wifi don't work. Tried gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, gxbb_p201.dtb, gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb.
    No way.
    Wired is working.
    USBs are all working.
    Beside, another problem is that the box don't go on with remote, I need to disconnect and connect power.
    Someone can help me?

• I use LE 7.0 on 2 Beelink MiniMXIII (S905/2GB RAM/16GB ROM/1G Ethernet) and it works great.
    I decided to have a look to 7.95-beta6 on USB (using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb from 7.0.3).

As I have no ethernet, I should stick on wifi but it seems quite unstable.
    Anyone with MiniMXIII succeed with 7.95-beta6 ?

• I use LE 7.0 on 2 Beelink MiniMXIII (S905/2GB RAM/16GB ROM/1G Ethernet) and it works great.
    I decided to have a look to 7.95-beta6 on USB (using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb from 7.0.3).

As I have no ethernet, I should stick on wifi but it seems quite unstable.
    Anyone with MiniMXIII succeed with 7.95-beta6 ?

Yep, it works great for me (eth + wifi), Beelink MiniMXIII has RealtekWIFI, maybe try with that: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

• Yep, it works great for me (eth + wifi), Beelink MiniMXIII has RealtekWIFI, maybe try with that: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

Seems better now

Paithan, Did you flash it internally ? Any special advices ?

• Seems better now

Paithan, Did you flash it internally ? Any special advices ?

Yep, no problem at all now.
    I had issues but it was not related with LE/Kodi.
    You can installtointernal, have fun