[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• My nexbox crashes when leaving it on overnight with this build. A hard crash too, no video anymore and no SSH.

This didn't happen with the previous Libreelec version build (7.0.3.012h). Is there anything I can try?

• Sorry for wrong first answer.
    Explanation is very simple. In previous version was all live streaming decoded to PCM. e.g. DD 5.1 -> 5.1 Multichannel PCM.
    If you set in Setting -> Audio -> Channels: 2.0 and allow passthrough then 5.1 Multichannel is encoded to DD 5.1 to be able pass it to SPDIF. It looks like passthrough. But changing channel configuration 2.0 to another you get PCM Stereo.
    New build has true passthrough independent on channel configuration. If you prefer old behavior you can set it by allowing 'Sync playback to display'".

Ok, I attached pictures of my settings and the display on my receiver. What am I doing wrong?
    Same settings used to pass all the digital audio just fine.

BTW, I am using HDMI to my receiver.

• I always leave my box running 24/7 but ever since I updated to 7.95 (first beta 5 and now beta 6) I find that the box shuts down after idling a couple of hours (it didn't shutdown/crash during playback yet btw). Is that a known bug?

Also playback stutters occasionally (something I didn't see on Kodi 16 either). It's frustrating that the codec info overlay (O button) is so limited so it's hard to know what's going on in terms of caching, refresh rate matching / av syncing and frame dropping/skipping.

My device: Sunvell T95M

• It's frustrating that the codec info overlay (O button) is so limited so it's hard to know what's going on in terms of caching, refresh rate matching / av syncing and frame dropping/skipping.

Rename CodecInfo to PlayerDebug and you'll be able to see dropped and skipped frames.

• Ok, I attached pictures of my settings and the display on my receiver. What am I doing wrong?
    Same settings used to pass all the digital audio just fine.

BTW, I am using HDMI to my receiver.

Have you read my answer?

Dobly Prologic on receiver display means how is processing sound in DSP, but actual input is strereo PCM.
    Go to Settings -> Player settings-> Videos: disbable "Sync playback to display"

Edited once, last by afl1 (February 13, 2017 at 7:38 PM).

• Rename CodecInfo to PlayerDebug and you'll be able to see dropped and skipped frames.

Could you elaborate on that please? Do I need to make a custom hotkey for that?
    [hr]

Jant90, the shutdown issue sounds similar to the issue I'm having.

Glad I'm not alone, do you see a pattern in this? I have never seen it shut down because it always happens after I haven't used it for a while (and thus it's been idling) for I would guess several hours. So I'm not sure if it gracefully shuts down or just crashes.

Edited once, last by jant90 (February 13, 2017 at 7:40 PM).

• Could you elaborate on that please? Do I need to make a custom hotkey for that?

Sure...
    The way I do it might be complicated, but I don't know how else to do it since I don't have a keyboard attached/connected to the box.

1. Download the addon "Keymap Editor"
    2. Assign whatever key you like to "CodecInfo" (/Global/Other)
    3. Go to /userdata/keymaps/
    4. Rename "codecinfo" in gen.xml to "PlayerDebug" and save.

• Glad I'm not alone, do you see a pattern in this?.

I've only been using this build for a couple of days, but it has never happened during playback. I've only seen it when trying to use my Kodi box after about half a day of idle time.

Edited once, last by sagacity (February 13, 2017 at 8:52 PM).

• kszaq:
    I take it a box that won't work after update reboot isn't a problem ?
    Or is it because I did something wrong ?

The problem is that I'm not a mind reader and the only information from you is a box name which means nothing due to ever-changing hardware in the same models and that update did not work. I am preparing some fixes in update and booting process thanks to more detailed information form other users and you can hope that an updated version will work fine.

• 7.95 Beta5 working fine here so far on a Droibox S905X 2G/16G box. Spotify addon seems more stable, will leave it on test streaming etc all day here. CEC is working fine with Yamaha AVR RX-V679. All pass through settings available for 7.1 DTS etc working as far as I can hear. AVR remote operates via CEC all Kodi functions fine. Great work. Thanks! Any other things to check/test?

Update: Running stream of Deepwater Horizon, 4K Video, 23.9 FPS, TrueHD Audio RAW to AVR, across internet, fantastic. Kodi handling on Libreelec superb. No bumps or issues.

How did you spotify working, what mixer settings are you using?

• Sure...
    The way I do it might be complicated, but I don't know how else to do it since I don't have a keyboard attached/connected to the box.

1. Download the addon "Keymap Editor"
    2. Assign whatever key you like to "CodecInfo" (/Global/Other)
    3. Go to /userdata/keymaps/
    4. Rename "codecinfo" in gen.xml to "PlayerDebug" and save.

Great, thanks, that works. As I stream everything from a central server running Emby the PlayerDebug screen is useful to see if the stream is fast enough and how the cache is filling up. I also had to update my advancedsettings.xml manually because the variables related to caching changed and I had no idea (and apparently you have to change to manually). I will look at the PlayerDebug window when I experience framedrops again.

Anyways I also figured out why my box is being turned off all the time, it's because apparently the box is listening to CEC events from the TV and turns off when I turn my TV off. I did read somewhere that a new CEC driver (libcec) is included in this version so perhaps that's why this behavior has changed between versions? kszaq, is there a way to prevent that from happening?

I know they're completely different but Raspberry Pi's have the "HDMI_IGNORE_CEC_INIT" setting in their config.txt file, I guess we need something similar for Amlogic boxes so we can still use our TV remotes to control the box but don't control the box's powerstate with it. Is something like that already available perhaps? Are there HDMI-CEC config files somewhere that we can tinker with?

• Anyone have spotify connect web working? I have my API key, but when I go through the config wizard, it won't let me pick a mixer and sending the amixer command via putty doesn't show much anything useful.

I plugged in a USB headset, and was able to pick the device and the dialog window came up allowing me to pick the mixer, and I was able to cast from Spotfiy to my kodi device, but it only plays through the USB headset, so the plugin fully works, but the current ROM doesn't seem to have a proper ALSA mixer available.

I can still be watching a movie and get sound via HDMI and my AVR and have spotify playing through the USB headset.

Edited once, last by GeToChKn (February 14, 2017 at 12:38 AM).