[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• That isn't a patch, that is playing a video at startup to workaround the dark screen, and is something I think many of us would be opposed to. It's easy enough for someone to set a startup video if it bothers them that much.

Personally I'd be much more bothered by the extra time taken to start the box because of an intro video playing after boot - the slightly darker menus don't affect usability at all.

Totally agree.

First, it really is a workaround and not a patch.

Second, it really should be up to the user and not default.

Third, even if it has double use for us amlogic users, any further effort should benefit all Kodi users imo. So, if anything, somebody with more skinning experience than me ( I would need more time than I have atm) could implement and make a pull request for 'add startup video' to estuary. There is a GitHub. Would make sense anyway, since there is this startup animation thread on Kodi forums.

• Some details about tvheadend breaking are welcome.
    I never had any back/front client/server issues from 7.0.2.00x to now 7.0.3.012g (sorry no h yet).
    In fact it does not even matter on which machine back/front client/server are (e.g. both on same box or not).
    it works (for me).

What can I do to help get this fixed? Ive provided logs previously in those posts linked. The cpu seems to lock up get to 100% then drops, the video plays for a bit then locks up again. Like I've said previously I have 2 models of S905X and it only does this on one of them.
    [hr]

What can I do to help get this fixed? Ive provided logs previously in those posts linked. The cpu seems to lock up get to 100% then drops, the video plays for a bit then locks up again. Like I've said previously I have 2 models of S905X and it only does this on one of them.

My log [URL]KDhX[URL]

Edited once, last by ukdaveuk (February 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM).

• I suggest you try updating to the latest TVHeadend version from LE addons repository. Other than that I can't help.

for info I created an m3u playlist file of my tv channels, and it does the same when playing the m3u file via videos not using the tvheadend client

• Hi kszaq,
    thank you very much for your work again.
    I'm using with very success your 7.0.3.012 LE build and here all works properly.

So I have tried to install new version 8.0 (second SD card, fresh install) and I have small (but for me "big") problem with HDMI CEC control. I have strange behavior. HDMI CEC is not working when I have disabled HDMI on my LG TV. When I switch HDMI CEC (named as SimpLink by LG), then CEC wake up. And then CEC works properly.
    But my box is connected to Yamaha receiver (MXV Box -> Yamaha -> TV) and I'm talking about control via Yamaha remote controller.
    Simply: I must switch on CEC on TV for wake up CEC on my box. Then I can switch off CEC off TV again. Because I don't want to have active CEC on my TV, because of unwanted behavior automatically switching of Yamaha inputs.

On LE 7.x I have no problem, CEC works. On LE 8 is new libcec driver, that is maybe the problem?
    Is possible send some wake up command to my box for wake up CEC on booting, for example? Or any else idea?
    LE 7.95.beta5, MXV Plus, S905 1GB, 1Gbit

Thank you, cheers, Peter

Edited once, last by Whitesak (February 5, 2017 at 10:35 AM).

• An annoying bug:
    - I switch from Estuary to another skin ( I have Amber and Mimic installed) and then back to Estuary,
    - I press "back" on my remote to leave the skin selection screen,
    - Kodi freezes and then restarts but it restarts without showing the splash screen. It goes directly to the home screen and loads again the channel information from PVR.Filmon

This happens only when I listen to audio streams from radio stations.

• An annoying bug:
    - I switch from Estuary to another skin ( I have Amber and Mimic installed) and then back to Estuary,
    - I press "back" on my remote to leave the skin selection screen,
    - Kodi freezes and then restarts but it restarts without showing the splash screen. It goes directly to the home screen and loads again the channel information from PVR.Filmon

This happens only when I listen to audio streams from radio stations.

Why would you need to switch skins and back when you listen to audio streams?
    Wouldn't the easy answer be not to do that? :D

• Hey kszaq,

Happy to be able to ask you this directly and maybe have the chance to use your build in a future buy :)
    So was planning to get the Minimxiii ii from Gearbest but saw there a note from the site's crew that the box only supports 1 TB usb hard drive and I need it to support at least 2TB.
    Was asking in kodi forum if your build could lift that limitation but getting it straight here from you is best, I guess :)
    Only two days left to flash sale in Gearbest and would very much like to order if the drive size won't be an issue with Libreelec.

Many thanks for all your dedicated work. Keep it up!

• Is anyone else experiencing issue with shutdown/suspend in Beta5 (from SD)?
    I have a s905x and whenever I use the power off option, the box just restarts (I'm not using the remote control to do this yet).
    If I use the suspend option (which is the default for me in Kodi for the remote too), I cannot wake up the device with remote or mouse/keyboard but I have to power cycle it (I'm aware that suspend may not work), but I think this was working in Beta3/Beta4a, but I need Beta5 due to bluetooth not working in Beta4a.
    Am I missing something? Happy to provide any logs.

Edited once, last by r4w (February 5, 2017 at 7:52 PM).

• Don't listen to their "support". I am using a 2TB external HDD - no issues with both S805 and S905.

Great, but this box is a s905x one... No matter?
    Glad you're sure about that but someone WITH the box and the drive would realy seal the deal...
    Just to emphasize, saw on gearbest an actual complaint about a 1TB drive even not being recognized so made me wary...

Update: saw on Amazon someone managing to work with a 2TB FAT32 disk and Android, he hasn't tried ntfs yet but I think I can make the plunge now :)
    Thx again, kszaq, for building my confidence :)

Edited once, last by CapHHH (February 5, 2017 at 4:07 PM).