[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi guys,

I am new to libreELEC :)

I have a mxq pro 4k 1G 8GB

Model is : MXQ-S905-D16 Ver:1.0 DATE: 151021

The WIFI chip is Realtek 8189 ETV

Android build is: P201-userdebug 5.1.1

Which Device Tree should I use to have everything working?

Is it gxbb_p201.dtb ?

Thanks ! :D

• Seems like boot issues due to temperature sensor became history. Can't wait to try the new beta4 build on my MX64 (S905 2G/16G) boxes, boot right away and read the processor temperature without problem. Cold and warm boot couple of times and never missed one! Not tried on my M18 (also S905 2G/16G) box yet as it's now occupied by other family members.

It seems kszaq did something in the kernel to circumvent the u-boot bug. A temperature sensor disable build is no longer need. Thanks so much for your hard work.

• Cold and warm boot couple of times and never missed one!

It seems kszaq did something in the kernel to circumvent the u-boot bug. A temperature sensor disable build is no longer need. Thanks so much for your hard work.

I'd be checking more than a couple of times, it can take 50 boots or more to surface ;)

• I'd be checking more than a couple of times, it can take 50 boots or more to surface ;)

In the past, I only got 1 out of 5 boots was successful with my MX64 and M18, that's a huge improvement! Now I updated both with non- temperature sensor disabled build and they both work so far so good. Other than these two boxes, my other boxes, e.g. Mini MX didn't have boot issues in the past.

• I'd be checking more than a couple of times, it can take 50 boots or more to surface

We've all fallen for that reoccurring devil bug appearing. I mistakenly flashed non temp disabled on my MiniMx 2g/16g and didn't realise for 2 days until it froze on bootup. ;)
    This was on 7.0.3.012c build.
    I have updated to 7.0.3.012f and it wont freeze. #541

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 29, 2017 at 9:17 AM).

• Other than these two boxes, my other boxes, e.g. Mini MX didn't have boot issues in the past.

That's what makes it so elusive. Of my two Mini MXs, one fails regularly within half a dozen boots, the other rarely (but still occasionally).
    Having said that, I am also monitoring the non-crippled build on these boxes as, so far they have booted fine each time (and seem to boot a little faster). You never know, maybe if some boot procedures have been re-arranged somewhere along the line, we might not have an issue now. Can only hope ;)

• Tried to update latest, ie beta4 on a miniM8s s905.
    Seems like it's bricked.
    Did the update through smb in the update folder.
    I think it's bricked because even the android boot doesn't work, ie without sdcard. I never did an internal flash install to keep the android system in case of problem.

I tried the reset button method, flat eeg...
    Nothing reacts.
    Usually, the screen reacts almost instantly at boot, with or without sdcard, reset button pressed or not.
    Here there's really no reaction at all.
    I'm out for some hours, will investigate later, probably 5 to 6 hours from now.

Edited once, last by Tidav7578 (January 29, 2017 at 4:59 PM).

• kszaq, it does begin to look like the boot freeze issue may have been a bug in the kodi code. This new build with kodi 17.0rc4, so far, has not caused a boot problem on the boxes that were frequently freezing with earlier kodi builds. :cool:

Edited once, last by Poida (January 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM).

• I've just tested RC4 on my Ferguson box WITH temp sensor ENABLED. So far 4 reboots successful in one row. I will report if I will face any problems later, for now I would say that temp sensor is not a problem anymore.

But lets wait a little bit longer for feedback from the rest of the community.

Thank you!

• Hello,

In my Beelink MiniMX III works well the NO temp version, I reboot 10 tines and all OK.

I will try now in the M8S II.

Thanks for your great help.

Regards.

Do you get any issues with playback been to big for the screen i.e. Only showing the top left of the picture?