[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• LibreELEC 8.0 builds for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices.

Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device

Important notes: 

• These are unofficial, community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
    • I work on these builds in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.
    • Bugs? Read this first: [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs
    • You can update from 7.0 to these builds but you can't downgrade. I recommend a clean install.
    • Older builds are available at Index of /s905
    • if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)!

Note on downloads:

• for Odroid-C2 download image with -C2 suffix
    • for every other device use image without suffix...
    • ..unless you are experiencing freezing: then use -temp_sensor_disabled version

8.0.2e (2017-07-04)

Downloads: Index of /s905/8.0/8.0.2e/
    Device trees: Index of /s905/8.0/device_trees/

Source code: 8.0.2e

Changelog:

• added Odroid-C2 build (a bit experimental for now)
    • Kodi: updated to a261e06
    • ffmpeg: updated to 3.1.9
    • media_build: reverted to 2017-04-17
    • fixed LIRC with meson-ir (for built-in IR receiver)
    • improved DVB-T scanning for built-in "K" series tuners
    • updated QCA9377 firmware
    • re-added ge2d patch to hopefully fix Hyperion

Known issues and important notes:

• If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.
    • Built-in DVB tuners are supported only for "K" series devices and WeTek Play 2. For "K" series I use driver from afl1 with some modifications, please do not report issues with the driver to him! If you want support, please use builds from afl1 .
    • Supported internal WiFi chips: Broadcom (all), Realtek (all) and Qualcomm QCA9377. Other chips, e.g. 9082xs and SSV6051 are not supported because manufacturers show middle finger on every driver request.
    • 4K support is experimental.
    • 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support. For automatic 3D switching you may want to try installing "ODroid C2 - 3D autoswitch" addon from LE repo
    • CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • External DVB tuner support is experimental via media_build drivers from CrazyCat69.

If you like my work, you can buy me a coffee silver-pill-paypal-26px.png (or without PayPal account: link)

• i'm downloading now, hope joystick will functioning, ps3 controller way much better than original remote, i dont even remember where i thrown that remote :dodgy:

• Have you considered use the mainline kernel from GitHub - LibreELEC/linux-amlogic: the Linux kernel for Amlogic SoC devices for this new branch?

Will be the development more easy with mainline kernel + patch vs own fork?

At this point I forked the LE kernel repo as I use more WiFi drivers and older Mali for better performance. I plan to gradually separate the drivers from kernel tree (like it's done in LE) and eventually I will switch to LE kernel + patches approach. You may have also heard that at some point S805 and S905 support will be merged into main LE repo. It will still be considered a "community build" (i.e. not fully supported) but much easier to find and contribute to.

• Hi Kszaq, i cannot restore Addons from Jarvis to Krypton build...
    Any idea how i can accomplish that ? Thanks in advance.

Also, by default all the addons from Jarvis are disabled. You need to enable each one from settings.
    Some are not compatible. And in the process of enabling it hangs oft.
    Normally it is quite fast but it really hangs... Not stable yet i mean.

Anyway... will try and let you know.

• hy kazaq i've got tty error updating from jarvis 008, wether from update folder or replace file manually, anyway did you change any label scheme again?

• Did a fresh installation.
    The buffer trouble with hevc is still there and the solution works:
    echo 16 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin

In audio setting, I had to lower the thresold from 2 to 0 or I had some audio troubles with some files.

Tvh client feels faster

There's fewer info on files when using 'o' or info. Feels like every major kodi update strips more and more info on those screens. I do not like that trend as you have less data for debugging or distro comparison.

I do not like the overall look/feel/ergonomy. But I can't complain too much as this is an early version.

• There's fewer info on files when using 'o' or info. Feels like every major kodi update strips more and more info on those screens. I do not like that trend as you have less data for debugging or distro comparison.

Hi

from Codecinfo - Official Kodi Wiki :

"FUTURE KRYPTON FEATURE:The codecinfo window/overlay normally contains information about the currently playing media, such as video and audio codecs, frame skips, decoding method, etc. Starting in Kodi v17 most of this information has been moved to a new window called PlayerProcessInfo. Default keymaps will be adjusted to use this new window (i.e., the "o" key will automatically use the new window). Custom keymaps should change CodecInfo to PlayerProcessInfo"

2 x Mini M8S II S905X 2 Gb/8 Gb @ LibreELEC 7.0.3.12k running from NAND

Testing 8.1.2

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fredouye ().

• hy kazaq i've got tty error updating from jarvis 008, wether from update folder or replace file manually, anyway did you change any label scheme again?

Not again, I changed them for the first time. Last time I made them mandatory. ;) Now boot partition label is LIBREELEC and data is LIBREELEC_DATA. This is to be compatible with LE master branch: scripts/mkimage: add label to "disk" partition as well · kszaq/[email protected] · GitHub

LibreELEC master introduced partition label after I added them to my Jarvis build, that's why it's been changed for Krypton.

• Not again, I changed them for the first time. Last time I made them mandatory. ;) Now boot partition label is LIBREELEC and data is LIBREELEC_DATA. This is to be compatible with LE master branch: scripts/mkimage: add label to "disk" partition as well · kszaq/[email protected] · GitHub

LibreELEC master introduced partition label after I added them to my Jarvis build, that's why it's been changed for Krypton.

ok, got it working, ps3 controller working although the led keep blinking,
    but nevermind, anyway we're ready to play some game now, bravoo kszaq

• Thank you for the release!It is good.

Some problem when i switch/toggle fullscreen pvr , reload video.

I have two crash on start when arrive in home screen.
    But it is normal for alpha version

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Great Job Kszaq , looking forward for this new dvb-drivers so I can hopefully use finally my usb tuners, I do hope You find a sulution soon.

Happy WE!

Raspberry Pi2 OSMC
    Q-Box 2G/8G and Q-Box 2G/16G LibreELEC 8.0 64bit with openSSL (compiled from kszaq 's source)
    NexBox A95x balbes150 Ubuntu with tvheadend and OScam.
    Digibit R1 Sat>IP server.

• I'm trying pvr and buffer is slow and block without restart

I'm trying same channels on kodi 17 on android and working fine

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

• At this point I forked the LE kernel repo as I use more WiFi drivers and older Mali for better performance. I plan to gradually separate the drivers from kernel tree (like it's done in LE)

Ahh, ok that explain why you are compiling mali as module...

Use the drivers from /packages/linux-drivers/ instead of kernel modules looks a easy task for a non expert developer. Can I send a PR? just for this new branch or also in master?

• Is installtointernal meant to work with this? On both this and afl1's Krypton builds I get the message "filesystem corruption has been detected!" after the process completes and reboots. It appears to be working fine from an SD. I'm on a Beelink Mini MXIII with gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

Devices: Mecool KI Pro S905D & Beelink MiniMX III 2G/16G S905.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hans Gruber ().

• Is installtointernal meant to work with this? On both this and afl1's Krypton builds I get the message "filesystem corruption has been detected!" after the process completes and reboots. It appears to be working fine from an SD. I'm on a Beelink Mini MXIII with gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

Boot again from SD and run installtointernal again. I have the same with my device x96.