[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• On my system ntp settings from LibreElec doesn't work and I use this script:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    ping -w 10 -c1 8.8.8.8
    ntpd -q -p 0.ru.pool.ntp.org

This script ping server 8.8.8.8 until 1st success packet during 10 seconds. It's enough for my system.

You can change the time from 10 to 60 seconds and perform required action after.

• Hi guys, i hope you can help me.

I own a OTTV box with a 905 chip.

I've installed 8.0.1c (2017-04-04) and everyting works good. When i try to install a newer build my partitions a broken and the System wont boot into kodi. Can you tell me what happend and what to do?

• minix u1 problems

I have freezes at boot time one out of three (etheir on libreelec logo or kodi logo) with version 8.02a.
    I had the same problem with 8.01l cec enabled.

All ok with 8.01k or 8.0l cec turned off.

There is another small problem: libreelec doesn't take time from rtc.
    LibreELEC:/sys # dmesg | grep rtc

[ 1.843776@0] aml_vrtc rtc.29: rtc core: registered aml_vrtc as rtc0
    [ 4.296889@0] aml_vrtc rtc.29: setting system clock to 2015-01-01
    00:00:06 UTC (1420070406)

my config

minix u1
    KINGSTON MICRO SDHC 64 GB SDCA10/64GB
    wifi off
    ethernet on
    cec off
    custom remote.conf (harmony 350 with wetek2 play layout)

• Hi guys, i hope you can help me.

I own a OTTV box with a 905 chip.

I've installed 8.0.1c (2017-04-04) and everyting works good. When i try to install a newer build my partitions a broken and the System wont boot into kodi. Can you tell me what happend and what to do?

Try installing the newer image to a micro sd card, with the latest device tree. see if it runs from microsd

• I have Minix Neo U1 too and no freezes. Try to reinstall the build or replace the SD card.

Turn on the waiting for network under LibreELEC/Network menu in Settings.

• You have no idea what are you talking about...

Just compare Planet Earth II BD and Planet Earth II UHD BD rip.

• Encountering the same issues trying to get moonlight running on my S905 box.

The pairing seems to be a moonlight bug, but workaround using commandline is good enough (since it's a one time thing).

I managed to get moonlight working on an S805 box since the compilation there seems to already include SDL video support !

kszaq (Great work you are amazing !!!) is there any reason why the S905 builds are missing SDL video support by default ?

kayman1021

Did you manage to compile a version with SDL video support?

Thanks !

• You have no idea what are you talking about...

Just compare Planet Earth II BD and Planet Earth II UHD BD rip.

You preferring that rip still does not make it right (at least not in any Marshmallow or Nougat Frankenstein build).
    Preference reference.
    What is so difficult to understand about that?

But sure, let's agree that I don't know what I'm talking about because I am not judging those build's UHD capability based on a UHD HDR capture on a non-HDR display. I can live with that.

• I managed to get moonlight working on an S805 box since the compilation there seems to already include SDL video support !

kszaq (Great work you are amazing !!!) is there any reason why the S905 builds are missing SDL video support by default ?

kayman1021

Did you manage to compile a version with SDL video support?

Thanks !

S805 and S905 builds have pretty much the same config and they follow official LE builds. From what I can tell SDL is only used/needed for targets using X11.

• Which LibreELEC is recommended for 4K HDR playback?

Be patient just a little longer.
    The dev team is very close now, but the linked build still has some issues (like no IR remote).

I'm sure we'll have a fully working UHD build soon. :)

• Nexbox a95x (2GB ram, 16GB Nand) Reverted back to 8.0.1.i from 8.0.2.a:

- some videos are missing audio, codec reports AAC 22050hz 'FC' (front channel).

- On working builds Audio Codec reports 2CH L, R.

Note nougat development build works OK, but rolled back as remote not working (despite remote.conf being added), edit - as noted in nougat thread.

Hope this helps. Happy to provide logs if required.

Edited once, last by GRE156H-NZ (June 3, 2017 at 4:17 AM).

• The new image is working great on my generic T95X box. I don't see a darker screen at boot, it just looks normal. I replaced the device tree file with gxl_p212_1g.dtb, stuck the card in the unit, and issued reboot update command from an adb shell, and off it went. Big improvement over Android. Thanks.

The only issue I have is I don't seem to have a mouse cursor when I switch the (stock) remote to mouse mode. Maybe I should try some different skins?

• Hey Everyone, some weird behavior that recently started happening. If I reboot from the power menu no add on is accessible any more. It just freezes up. Plugging out the power cable and plugging back in works fine. I'm on 8.0.2a but this happened in the previous version as well. It's on a minix neo U1. Anyone come across this before? I can get logs if needed.

Cheers (awesome work btw)