DVD Disc Eject

• Hello,

I currently have a small problem with my LibreElec (9.2.0) on RPI 3B+ and a DVD Slot In drive connected to USB.

When I put a CD-Audio in the drive, no problem, I can read and eject the disc.

When I place a DVD in the player, it can be played without any problem, but when I click on the eject button, nothing happens.

If I try to go through the file manager, same thing, no ejecting the disc.

By SSH, here are some unsuccessful commands :

Bash
    # eject
    eject: /dev/cdrom: Input/output error
    # eject -t
    # eject -T

However, when I use the SCSI ejection version, Miracle, it works:

Bash
    # eject -s

So, here is my question, can we modify the LibreElec parameters to add the SCSI ejection option so that it works directly from the interface?

Or, can we add a shortcut on a joystick to have a SCSI ejection?

Thank you in advance

• Run df -h. If like mine, the DVD is mounted on /dev/sr0 - however, the eject command still doesn't work.

I've just tested on RPi4 with a USB DVD player and it ejects fine via the file manager or videos.

post the URL from dmesg | paste

• The DVD drive is properly mounted on /dev/sr0.

My Pi is not connected to the internet, so it's done manually:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From line 290 to 293...

• Yes, I had already guessed that if the command only works in SCSI, the drive is mounted in SCSI.

But that doesn't answer my question. Is there a way to modify LibreElec so that the interface launches the command with the command line option "-s"?

• The question was asked from the first message:

So, here is my question, can we modify the LibreElec parameters to add the SCSI ejection option so that it works directly from the interface?

If I have to put the whole question in the title, it's going to be a very long title!

Moreover, I would add that English is not my mother tongue and that I've never been very good at languages. So sorry for not being great at explaining my problem ;)

• This is his question from OP:

Seems he knows it is mounted as SCSI, he asks how he can eject his DVD from the interface when it is mounted as scsi.

• Thank you for your answers !

Indeed, I tell myself the same thing (bug or missing feature).

However, I repeat my question: Is there a conf file that allows you to add a parameter to the command launched by the interface?

Or is it possible to mount this DVD drive other than SCSI?

• Is there a conf file that allows you to add a parameter to the command launched by the interface?

Or is it possible to mount this DVD drive other than SCSI?

I never heard about such options. I think it's all hard coded. You could write a bug report, or wait for LE 10, which will get a face lifting.

PS: I was just reading that /storage/.config/udev.rules.d provides some editable mount options. Have a look at this.

• To be honest, I have already problems with DVD mounting/ejecting with a usb dvd-rom since I started with openelec. I never made a point of it as DVD's are something I seldom use. Only for the kids,but I make a habit of it to rip them immediately and put them on the server. This way I can avoid the kids to see all the "commercials" they have to watch first.

Altough, really of topic, but a strange problem I have all these years is when I put in a DVD, my external usb-drive isn't recognised anymore. For example when a DVD is inserted I can't start a movie that is located on the external hdd. Then I have to eject the DVD and restart LE, only then my external hdd is recognised. I first taught it was a power issue, but I gave the hdd-drive and the DVD-drive a separate power supply, but the issue persist.

Not that I expect it should be solved, the dev's have more important stuff to do that affects more users.

• Kodi only looks for CD/DVD hardware at startup so if you connect a USB/removable drive after Kodi starts it will not be seen unless you restart. This is a long standing "works as coded so not technically a bug" issue. Some of the related code in Kodi is an exercise in archaeology .. it needs overhauling but there's not many volunteers in that area of the codebase. lrusak were you poking that stuff semi-recently?