[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• Goodmorning everyone,

I tested the image on the Dolamee D5 yesterday:

"LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301144659-b58333a-rk3229-v884k.img"

and I confirm that both the lan connection and the wi-fi works!!!!!

Excellent work knaerzche

Thanks so much

• Hello,

Im new here, but Im pretty good at breaking things...

Gotta tell you, before I gotta say a cat my HK1 lite got stuck :D

I changed language to Finnish and now it wont move menu or anything else...

Rebooted million times, so you can add there dont change preset English language until quick setup is complited.

Thx for great ROM, looked awesome. Now im trying to SD boot it to Armbian.

I need this kinda RK3228A devices for IOT projects mainly to handle Arduino data from weather station or drive a robot car.

Cheers to all!

• Hi guys!

First of all thanks @kznaerzche for all the great job! I have a V88 4K since about 4 years and I've been waiting since then for a release that I could use in it.

Having said that, I flashed LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301144659-b58333a-rk3229-v884k.img into my box through an SD card. Works pretty well, just have a couple of observations:

1. In the sound settings there's no EAC3 capable receiver option, only AC3, so I don't get 5.1 surround when using the Netflix add on.

2. Video with the Netflix addon stutters a little bit in 1080p @ 60 mhz, if I set the video resolution to 1080p @ 50 it improves but I still get a slight stutter.

Those two things work well if I use Kodi from the Android firmware.

Maybe I could help if you point me in the right direction, I have some experience as a software developer.

Thanks!

• Hi..

I have a V88 Plus 4k, with all img i got:

grep: /proc/net/pnp: No such file or directory

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount UUID=0103-4904

### Strating debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash... type exit to quit ###

Any ideia? Thanks

• Unlike most of you I'm currently quite busy ... so: sorry for no/late answering.

sirmagus / julio12541 and everybody else having issues with booting: I activated sd uhs speeds in latest legancy / mainline builds ... obviosuly the controller supports not all of them (looks like only uhs 104 cards are completly supported). All my personal cards are working great ... but I got a a ore detailed bugreport from somewhere else ... Solution for that: Take your image from the older release (Release RK322x-le92-0bca75f: Add RK3228B MK809IV target / Enable bluetooth for rtl8723 and ap6xxx … · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub) and use this dtb file (copy it somewhere external and paste it in the newer one). For mainline (rk3228a-box.dtb / rk3229-box.dtb) / newly supported devices (rk3228b-box-a8.dtb / rk3229-box-tx2.dtb) I will attach the dtbs here. Don't try to use a dtb from legacy release for mainline or vise versa: It won't work.

Hicno: I have absoultly no glue about retroarch - but: There were issues like that in with LE/kodi before. That was because at 4K resolutions the GUI was rendered @4K - thats to much for a mali400. We got around this by letting the GUI being rendered at 1080p max. - upscaling to 4K is done by the display controller. So: Try to reduce screen res. Could also be related to the dram timeing settings / dram frequency.

• Hi knaerzche  thanks for your hard work. I've finally run some sort of linux in my box

I'm not sure what is my model but seems to be a Shishion V88 plus with rockchip 3228, 1Gb ram 8Gb rom and ssv6501p wifi card.

Your images for rk3228 works for me only with the dtb extracted from my android firmware, so I'll share the decompiled dtb in case you what to add this device.

I have one question, and some tips

Do you have the source code of trust images for rk3228, or you have found it somewhere!?

Next the tips, with "noop" scheduler and "performance" cpufreq scaling governor (now is interactive by default that is good for smartphones) the box run better.

Thanks

Michele

• Hello !

I have TV-box with board "T95N-RK3229_512X4-20170803_V1.5" , RK3229, 2G DDR3 RAM,16GB eMMC, and RTL8703BS WiFi

I try images from Release Kodi 18.6 / add more supported devices · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

1. TANIX TX2, DDR3, RTL8703 Wifi -LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301144541-b58333a-rk3229-tx2.img.gz

Wifi works, MAC changed after reboot. Ethernet work.

But Wifi connection is not saved, after reboot you have to configure again.

2. D88 HDMI Stick - DDR3, RTL8723 Wifi (SDIO Package), NAND, no ethernet - LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301144132-b58333a-rk3229-d88.img.gz

Wifi works , MAC changed after reboot. Ethernet work.

But Wifi connection is not saved, after reboot you have to configure again.

In my opinion, due to the fact that the MAC is changied after reboot and the saved settings in /storage/.cache/connman are tied to the previous one.

After four reboot/configure WiFi we have four configs connman

Display Spoiler

LibreELEC:~/.cache/connman # ls

ethernet_860a7a439d4c_cable settings

wifi_00e04c11a6a0_54502d4c696e6b_managed_psk

wifi_00e04c18e30b_54502d4c696e6b_managed_psk

wifi_00e04c9f7077_54502d4c696e6b_managed_psk

wifi_00e04cd13a80_54502d4c696e6b_managed_psk

LED with these images is always on.

3. HK1 mini - DDR3, SSV6051 Wifi, NAND - LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301144255-b58333a-rk3229-hk1mini.img.gz

LED works correctly, but no WiFi.

I try edit rk3229-box-d88.dtb , replace section led from hk1mini.dtb

Display Spoiler

leds {

compatible = "gpio-leds";

led_red {

gpios = <0x3e 0x07 0x01>;

default-state = "off";

linux,default-trigger = "rc-feedback";

};

led_blue {

gpios = <0x6d 0x15 0x01>;

default-state = "on";

};

};

But no effect.

Q1. What else needs to be done?

Q2. And another question can I make Wakeup/PowerOn with an IR remote control?

With firmware HK1 mini (for look IR activity)

I try in /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/my_rc

0x57 KEY_POWER or

0x57 KEY_SUSPEND and

0x57 KEY_SLEEP

i have one result - box is power OFF

but 0x59 KEY_WAKEUP also shudown the tv-box

I don't understand , what am I doing wrong:/

Edited 6 times, last by Maker39 (April 17, 2020 at 3:46 PM).

• Hi guys,

I am amazed - have old V88 box, it is still on Android 5.1.1, and for some reason it is slooow, typical video files melt it (sound is not synchronized with video). Have looked with some curiosity at good old mxqproject.com site, and found links to Libreelec on RK3229! Wow, the file for V88 worked right from the start! WiFi works, the system is not lightning fast, but one may live with it.

Overall, perhaps this Kodi on LE on old V88 box is not the most responsive platform, but you know - it works and that's what is here important.

:)

• Hi knaerzche , first, your images works great on my mxq box (r329q), im not a great coder but i used to study computer sciences long time ago, i tried to combine your work to Lakka libreelec, and... it worked! (i think) but there is some strange green line, can you help me see what is going on?

Hi Hicno could you explain how you did it. I managed with the games only by installing IAGL and something light works but like PS1 nothing, it won't start. my box is MXQ PRO rk 3229 with 4 Giga of ram and 32 of rom even if I believe it is a fake.

• but unfortunately, hardware acceleration for DRM content seems to be impossible

Unfortunately this is the case for all systems on linux ... we are using a binary extracted from chromeos images to make widevine at least work in linux ... but it all have to be done in software.

There are two different license models for widevine: The first requires only the decryption of the video content to be done in software but the video decoding can be done be HW decoders. The second requires also the video decoding to be done by either software or by a "secure video path" (is done in trustzone/tee binary/special video codecs in android which vendors like RK or Amlogic provide). The latter one is used by Amzon Prime and Netflx while the first model is widely used by domestic providers which works well on up to 1080p in Linux (even on RK322x).

I always wondered if it possible to use vendor provided widevine binaries from android in linux by using libhybris ... I'm not sure if this has ever been tried.

• The mainline kernel direct rendering manager subsystem (aka DRM, just to confuse) only has rudimentary support for HDCP on later Intel hardware, but nothing else so Amlogic, Rockchip etc. need to evolve "secure path" support before any further poking at widevine support. NB: the entire process of Widevine device certification is also designed to ensure it's legally impossible to use a common certificate accross many devices, even if it is technically possible.

• chewitt: I wasn't talking about widevine Level 1, which requires HDCP (which in RK case could bei be easily ported from BSP kernel for both HDMI and DRM) - this also applies to Level 3: On Linux (ChromeOS) Netflix/Prime is always SW decoded while it is HW decoded on Android (both WV Level 3 with no HDCP requirement)

• Thanks for the explanation. If I understand correctly Netflix and others, legally allow viewing HD contents on linux. So I lowered the resolution, (to avoid useless upscaling), and the frame dropping disappear.

For me it's better than nothings :)

• Hi, I have a Scishion V88 4k, board: TX-MX4N-V20 (2017-03-29) CHIPTRIP
    This is the right firmware for it? or for a more recent review of the board?

I tried one from 1 month ago and crashed :\

I'll update when I ahve time thanks so much!

• Hi, I have a Scishion V88 4k, board: TX-MX4N-V20 (2017-03-29) CHIPTRIP
    This is the right firmware for it?

MX4N are usually DDR2 boards - so go ahead and try V88Mars LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301143855-b58333a-rk3228b-v88marsII.img.gz (RK3229) or Alfawise A8 LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200301143608-b58333a-rk3228b-a8.img.gz (RK3228) image. Try to avoid using UHS SD cards with this any of the curent builds.