[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• Thanks. Sadly I cant/wont do it myself as I dont know anything about linux and dont have another pc to try it. Will wait till someone builds it.
    About my device, what do I have to do so I can have wifi and correct device settings like ram timings so you can put it on the project? Right now, thanks to your project, device has a purpose, but I find it incomplete without the remote, wifi, and probably wrong ram speeds.

You may also share the original firmware image if you have one. Sharing just the first 20 megabytes of the firmware would be much better. Don't forget to make a zip/rar/gzip of it.

Remote should already work, you probably need to configure the key bindings: there are some useful posts about configuring rk3228 remotes in the rockchip forum section, but you can also use the procedure for amlogic or any other device.

About the esp8089 wifi, I added support for that in armbian and it works, but I had no chance to test it personally and it is based upon one user experience, so the device tree could be terribly useful for this also.

• You may also share the original firmware image if you have one. Sharing just the first 20 megabytes of the firmware would be much better. Don't forget to make a zip/rar/gzip of it.

Remote should already work, you probably need to configure the key bindings: there are some useful posts about configuring rk3228 remotes in the rockchip forum section, but you can also use the procedure for amlogic or any other device.

About the esp8089 wifi, I added support for that in armbian and it works, but I had no chance to test it personally and it is based upon one user experience, so the device tree could be terribly useful for this also.

I dont know how to resize the image. Here is a working link of the original IMG: MXQ-4K_ota_20160308.zip

I would love to try a build with esp8089 wifi enabled. Let me know how can I help. I know that MANY has this same box so this could be useful.

• ochentay4 Thanks for the image, I checked the device tree fabiobassa extracted and the dram timings are the very same as those for the v88 4k board. You may try that one to get much better performance.

I also checked out the configuration of the wifi and it appears to be the same as the other device with the esp8089 chip, so this is a step forward to add support to libreelec.

I hope knaerzche comes here around soon to merge the necessary patches, which should be quite easy.

• I told you to put the appropiate remote.conf file in the FAT partition, next to Kernel and SYSTEM files, not in the 'Storage' partition. You can do that simply without booting the system, inserting the SD card in some computer, and youl'll have something like that:

Try both remote.conf files without changing anything, don't loose anything by testing that...

Good luck.

• ochentay4 Thanks for the image, I checked the device tree fabiobassa extracted and the dram timings are the very same as those for the v88 4k board. You may try that one to get much better performance.

I also checked out the configuration of the wifi and it appears to be the same as the other device with the esp8089 chip, so this is a step forward to add support to libreelec.

I hope knaerzche comes here around soon to merge the necessary patches, which should be quite easy.

Great! looking forward to a new build with this changes integrated (and kodi updated!). I have even played remuxed blu ray isos over network with almost no caching/stuttering. Hope something comes out soon! Thank you!

• I told you to put the appropiate remote.conf file in the FAT partition, next to Kernel and SYSTEM files, not in the 'Storage' partition. You can do that simply without booting the system, inserting the SD card in some computer, and youl'll have something like that:

Try both remote.conf files without changing anything, don't loose anything by testing that...

Good luck.

I had also been trying that way (at this point tried alot of way's :) )

tried both, does not work, I still cant get my factory code to make one from scratch :(

ill try again with more files I find, if anyone has any extra tips on getting that damn factory code :)

thank you for all the help already,

Hans

• @DS1

this is a well known board, shishion or andowl brand !

it is a REAL 3229 but with ddr2 and emmc storage

so ANY of images on the first post with this characteristic will surely boot !

• Thanks for the reply and for the infos!

Unfortunately I am not able to boot any of the legacy image! Red led and nothing happens! A couple of minutes ago I tried with A95XR1 legacy image. It was succesfully burnt on microSD with Libreelec tool (I've also tried with Rufus) and I've checked files and partitions on my pc and everything was ok, but when I putted the microSD into the box, it bypassed the SD boot and went to armbian o.s. I've extracted the card from the box and checked it in the pc: the card was empty! I've used the same card for armbian and for Libreelec mainline and it worked fine!

I have csc armbian installed on eMMC and I'm trying to boot Libreelec via microSD.

I'll try again, I took a look at the characteristic of the images in the first post and no one has DDR2 and eMMC together...I hope that any of the DDR3 and eMMC will work!

Edited 2 times, last by DS-1 (September 10, 2020 at 8:13 PM).

• Thanks for the reply and for the infos!

Unfortunately I am not able to boot any of the legacy image! Red led and nothing happens! A couple of minutes ago I tried with A95XR1 legacy image. It was succesfully burnt on microSD with Libreelec tool (I've also tried with Rufus) and I've checked files and partitions on my pc and everything was ok, but when I putted the microSD into the box, it bypassed the SD boot and went to armbian o.s. I've extracted the card from the box and checked it in the pc: the card was empty! I've used the same card for armbian and for Libreelec mainline and it worked fine!

I have csc armbian installed on eMMC and I'm trying to boot Libreelec via microSD.

I'll try again, I took a look at the characteristic of the images in the first post and no one has DDR2 and eMMC together...I hope that any of the DDR3 and eMMC will work!

The boot issue is an issue with armbian u-boot/trust (I use mainline u-boot and OPTEE) installed in eMMC and libreelec u-boot (which uses legacy): CSC Armbian for RK322X TV Boxes - Page 14 - TV boxes - Armbian forum

No idea why the sdcard has been emptied though.

• The boot issue is an issue with armbian u-boot/trust (I use mainline u-boot and OPTEE) installed in eMMC and libreelec u-boot (which uses legacy): CSC Armbian for RK322X TV Boxes - Page 14 - TV boxes - Armbian forum

No idea why the sdcard has been emptied though.

I've tried another microSD: it doesn't become empty, but it doesn't boot.

I've seen what you've posted about the boot issue. What you have on your eMMC? I would like to try something on eMMC that makes no boot issue/bugs to boot legacy libreelec u boot.

Edited once, last by DS-1 (September 13, 2020 at 6:35 PM).

• I've tried another microSD: it doesn't become empty, but it doesn't boot.

I've seen what you've posted about the boot issue. What you have on your eMMC? I would like to try something on eMMC that makes no boot issue/bugs to boot legacy libreelec u boot.

I don't think it is possible at the moment. Armbian u-boot is compiled to do what you want, but due to the bug libreelec kernel does not boot. But if you try and use the device tree I posted in the armbian forum it will probably work for the time being.

• I don't think it is possible at the moment. Armbian u-boot is compiled to do what you want, but due to the bug libreelec kernel does not boot. But if you try and use the device tree I posted in the armbian forum it will probably work for the time being.

try that device tree is what I will do tomorrow ..but is it easy to flash to my rk3229 box?

• try that device tree is what I will do tomorrow ..but is it easy to flash to my rk3229 box?

You don't need to flash it to your board, you just need to substitute the existing .dtb file on your sdcard with the other device tree provided

• You don't need to flash it to your board, you just need to substitute the existing .dtb file on your sdcard with the other device tree provided

Now something a little different happens: the box always bypasses microSD boot and goes into ARMbian, but now microSD isn't empty and the double partition of the microSD card is shown into ARMbian (I have two microSD icons on the desktop).

• jock2

Do you if its possible to add this driver to these LibreELEC builds? I tried but didn't work

Indeed it is possible, I already asked knaerzche about that, but he's quite busy lately so we all need to wait for a images refresh. Unfortunately the module currently works only on legacy 4.4 kernel which will be abandoned in the next libreelec major version.