Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• If you have ArmbianTV running, you can easily start LE from a USB drive. Write LE to USB, configure DTB, and connect an SD card with USB in place. Automatically start LE from USB.

Oh, just to be clear, you mean I can etch your LE to a thumbdrive and etch armbian to an sdcard. Insert both sdcard and the thumbdrive and I can boot LE? Thanks. Also I just saw that you added support to 4K TV. I will try that too. I've been connecting Rock64 to a 4K tv.

Edit1: So I tried the armbian in sdcard and your LE in a thumbdrive method. Rokc64 boots to armbian as before and asks for login information. It did not prompt boot options or anything. Is there a specific command or edits I should do?

Edit2: I also tried editing u-boot based on your helpful guide. All commands seemed to have worked fine. 17MB/16MiB sized img was created. But as before, no signal to the TV. Also, no LED activity as before.

Edited 2 times, last by rooser11 (May 29, 2020 at 2:57 PM).

• Official Post

Oh, just to be clear, you mean I can etch your LE to a thumbdrive and etch armbian to an sdcard. Insert both sdcard and the thumbdrive and I can boot LE? Thanks. Also I just saw that you added support to 4K TV. I will try that too. I've been connecting Rock64 to a 4K tv.

Edit1: So I tried the armbian in sdcard and your LE in a thumbdrive method. Rokc64 boots to armbian as before and asks for login information. It did not prompt boot options or anything. Is there a specific command or edits I should do?

Edit2: I also tried editing u-boot based on your helpful guide. All commands seemed to have worked fine. 17MB/16MiB sized img was created. But as before, no signal to the TV. Also, no LED activity as before.

What exact version of the Armbian image are you trying ? The official Armbian does not have the function of launching from USB media. The size of the u-boot image must not exceed 16Mb. After writing the LE image and add u-boot to SD card, you must configure the DTB used in the file (uEnv.txt).

• What exact version of the Armbian image are you trying ? The official Armbian does not have the function of launching from USB media. The size of the u-boot image must not exceed 16Mb. After writing the LE image and add u-boot to SD card, you must configure the DTB used in the file (uEnv.txt).

The Armbian image I used is Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_current_5.4.20.

This boots fine. Using the commands, you provided, I copied u-boot image and then wrote it to the sdcard that contains your libreelec. DTB has been configured to load the rock64.dtb.

Does not boot, unfortunately. For now, I am just using rock64 as a file server for Kodi loaded on a firestick 4k. Works fine for now.

• Official Post

The Armbian image I used is Armbian_20.02.1_Rock64_buster_current_5.4.20.

This boots fine. Using the commands, you provided, I copied u-boot image and then wrote it to the sdcard that contains your libreelec. DTB has been configured to load the rock64.dtb.

If everything is done correctly, the system must necessarily show the start LE (primary screen with the LE logo). Which DTB do you use ? Show the content (uEnv.txt). Show all the commands that you use to copy and write u-boot.

• hey !

take a look , for the rk3318 ...

i will try this version just for see , but ... i m thinking it s willbe crash .

keep you in touch .

regards

• Hi balbes150, sorry for asking dumb question, but are your images only for those who have modified u-boot files? Pls confirm... If i don't have them.. no chance to use your builds?

I have 2 boxes, no luck to boot LE with both of them, trying to understand why.

1. RK3328 Z28 - error message - installation is broken, don't touch syslinux.cfg - but i didn't touch it

2. Beelink gs1 (allwinner H6) - just hangs up on boot with black screen

in both cases correct dtb was set

Edited 3 times, last by rix81 (June 6, 2020 at 7:21 PM).

• Official Post

but are your images only for those who have modified u-boot files?

The images contain a u-boot, but it is intended for certain models. To run on other models, you need to add the correct u-boot after writing the image.

If i don't have them.. no chance to use your builds?

The working u-boot for other models can be obtained from any working image (LE or Armbian). The topic contains details on how to do this.

1. RK3328 Z28

This model needs its own u-boot.

Beelink gs1 (allwinner H6)

Images from this theme are intended for Rockchip. For Allwinner, there is its own version of images.

• Can anyone kindly tell me if the following things are working or not in the recent builds/images:

• x264 10bit
    • X265 & 10bit
    • Bluetooth, Ethernet & WiFi
    • PWM Fan Controls with speed settings
    • USB 2 & 3 Ports
    • InputStream_Adaptive for YouTube
    • Customs skins

Regards~

• Can anyone kindly tell me if the following things are working or not in the recent builds/images:

• x264 10bit
    • X265 & 10bit
    • Bluetooth, Ethernet & WiFi
    • PWM Fan Controls with speed settings
    • USB 2 & 3 Ports
    • InputStream_Adaptive for YouTube
    • Customs skins

Regards~

Don't think 10-bit H264 work but kwiboo did write patches already for it, might need to wait for the next Linux kernel for it to be merged.

X265 is not working

Bluetooth, ethernet, wifi - It depends on your hardware, but works for supported devices

PWN Fan - No fan settings, only some devices' fan work and it's automatic

USB Ports work depending on device

Youtube using VP9 codec won't work, only H264 codec will work.

Skins work.

• Can i do replace u-boot on Windows?

I have H96 Max Plus (Rockchip 3328) board.
    Image works is LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.80-devel-20191231082706-fae7724-rockbox.img.gz (kwiboo)
    with dtb(easyb) rk3328-box-h96mp.dtb

There are some interface issues (when change the source on TV or turn on/off or unplug-plug in HDMI) then the whole image is red filter
    And repositories do not work (failed to connect)

Hello,

Did you have any luck to boot your H96 Max+ by replacing proper u-boot? I also have that device and facing the same issue: not able to boot from SD after third boot process!

• Hello,

Did you have any luck to boot your H96 Max+ by replacing proper u-boot? I also have that device and facing the same issue: not able to boot from SD after third boot process!

Unfortunately, the problem is not in u-boot. The problem is in DTB, which does not work with the build kernel from balbes150