Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• For users of rk3399, it is now possible to build a new image of LE not mediocre on your device RK3399 (if desired, you can use any TV box\SbS). It does not need a powerful PC or complex configuration of the virtual machine, and so on. If you are interested in trying this option, I can give you a brief instruction.

• I tried building your arm-master branch:

GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv at master-arm

But it failed on u-boot-scripts:

The log isn't very informative either:

This is on Archlinux, and I have built e.g. the @Joern-p's 9.2 beta before succesfully.

Current LibreELEC master branch also fails for me, but this due to patches failing to apply on the kernel (which I think is a step much later than the one failing here).

Any idea what it might be?

• balbes150

Do you know how to build Kodi for ARM Linux, eg. for Manjaro Linux for RockPi 4, Edge-V RK3399?

The default Kodi for Manjaro is 64-bit but I want to build a 32-bit one so it can work with more addons and Widevine.

The Kodi wiki only explains it for Linux X86 and not for ARM devices and how to activate OpenGLES, Panfrost etc.

It must share some build steps with LibreELEC.

• Official Post

PROJECT=ARM DEVICE=ARM-ALL ARCH=aarch64 UBOOT_SYSTEM=rk3399-nanopi-m4 make image

PROJECT=ARM DEVICE=ARM-ALL ARCH=aarch64 PLATFORM=RK UBOOT_SYSTEM=rk3399-nanopi-m4 make image

Do you know how to build Kodi for ARM Linux, eg. for Manjaro Linux for RockPi 4, Edge-V RK3399?

The default Kodi for Manjaro is 64-bit but I want to build a 32-bit one so it can work with more addons and Widevine.

The Kodi wiki only explains it for Linux X86 and not for ARM devices and how to activate OpenGLES, Panfrost etc.

It must share some build steps with LibreELEC.

Even if you build KODI 32 bits, it won't work on Manjaro 64 bits.

• Help me see what's wrong, thank you! 9.8 compilation error

Parallel build failure - see log for details. Time of failure: Sun May 10 13:28:41 CST 2020

Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed

make: *** [image] Error 1

• PROJECT=ARM DEVICE=ARM-ALL ARCH=aarch64 PLATFORM=RK UBOOT_SYSTEM=rk3399-nanopi-m4 make image

Thanks, that did the trick.

I wanted to evaluate the mainline/LibreELEC/your status with respect to two things that are completely eluding me in my setup:

1. 4K resolution output. My edid seems to report 4K modes (e.g. CEA 93/94/95/98/99/100 are 2160p24/25/30 resolutions) but I can't seem to get anything (e.g. the kodi UI itself) to output at those resolutions:

2. HDMI audio passthrough (Dolby, DTS, TrueHD, Atmos). I've had my best trial run with @Joern-p's builds, but they are still on the Rockchip 4.4 kernel with some minor patches. The only thing that didn't work there was one of the HD audio bitstream formats (be it Atmos or TrueHD, I don't remember).

Unfortunately, the freshly built image does not want to boot on my NanoPi M4 from SD card. I have no means to actually debug boot issues so I'm just going to hope you (or someone else) can comment on the above two issues and perhaps point me in the direction of patches you use to make this work (if at all). Thanks!

• I have two dtb files for MX10 4GB / 32GB. LibreElec can be deployed with both. One Works without remote control, usb and wifi, but works power LED changes color. The second works with support for Wifi, usb and remote control, but the LED does not work and must be disconnected and reconnected to the power supply to turn it on again. Is it possible to somehow combine these two files to make everything work? I'm sorry if my English isn't okay. THX

rk3328-mx10-fast.dtb

rk3328-mx10.dtb

• Tried the rock64 build and made sure to change the uEnv to point to rock64 dtb but I get no signal from HDMI at all - just black screen. Is there anything else I need to do?

• What image do you use ? You may also need to add u-boot to your SD card for your model.

The last image I tried was: LibreELEC-ARM-ALL.arm-9.80-devel-20200527142727-569f834-rk3328.img

I did not know about u-boot process as I thought I only had to edit uEnv.txt. Can you guide me?

Edit: The official 9.2, Kwiboo test build (20191231), and Armbian all work fine.

Edited 2 times, last by rooser11 (May 28, 2020 at 4:42 PM).