Sed: write error during boot on latest generic beta

• Hi all,

Just installed le 9.1.502 generic on my computer.

During boot it pops up with "sed: write error"

Is this a problem or is it safe to ignore.

Im using a amd 2200g with built in vega 8 video, 16gb ddr4 ram and libreelec is installed onto my m2 ssd.

Thanks in advance

• I can confirm this error has been introduced in version 9.1.502

Ive just downgraded to 9.1.501 and the sed write error has now gone.

Obviously I would like to run the latest version so any info on what this is would be very much appreciated.

• It comes up just before the "libreelec (official) 9.1.502" text appears in the top left corner of my screen.

It's only there for a second or 2 so hard to get a picture lol.

The image still works but just want to know if this error is safe to ignore.

I also get 2 other warnings that load before the sed write error, they can not show for a while or they can appear almost every reboot sometimes.

I asked before a while back regarding these 2 warnings but had no response.

Thanks

• If you are familiar with SSH can you run this command and post url you get. Maybe there could be something useful in it.

Code
    journalctl -l --no-pager | pastebinit
    Code
    Nov 25 10:36:31 ROBS-PC pulseaudio[320]: E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

Do you have Bluetooth active, and / or any Bluetooth related add-ons installed?

• I have a logitech Bluetooth dongle plugged into my computer, but I don't have any Bluetooth addon installed.

I use the Bluetooth dongle for ps3 controllers which work just fine without any modifications.

Thanks

• I have a logitech Bluetooth dongle plugged into my computer, but I don't have any Bluetooth addon installed.

I use the Bluetooth dongle for ps3 controllers which work just fine without any modifications.

Sounds OK to me. In relation to your first screenshot ("Invalid Connector...") it could be a Bluetooth bug on LE 9.1.502.

You can try with disabled Bluetooth to check my theory.

It's probably not the right time to go into this issue too much, because I expect the LE release 9.1.503 or 9.2 every moment.

• Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have tried with Bluetooth disabled and removing the Bluetooth dongle from the computer. I still get the 2 warnings and then the sed write error afterwards.

Here is the same log but with the bluetooth adapter no longer plugged into the USB port.

http://ix.io/22pj

Thanks

• Thx for testing. The above error is still there - could be a pulseaudio error then. You could play around with the audio output device settings.

PS: Both logs say, you're running LE in system mode:

Code
    Nov 25 10:36:31 LibreELEC pulseaudio[320]: W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Running in system mode, but --disallow-module-loading not set.
    Nov 25 10:36:31 LibreELEC pulseaudio[320]: W: [pulseaudio] main.c: Home directory of user 'root' is not '/var/run/pulse', ignoring.
    Nov 25 10:36:31 LibreELEC pulseaudio[320]: W: [pulseaudio] caps.c: Normally all extra capabilities would be dropped now, but that's impossible because PulseAudio was built without capabilities support.
    Nov 25 10:36:31 LibreELEC pulseaudio[320]: W: [pulseaudio] main.c: OK, so you are running PA in system mode. Please make sure that you actually do want to do that.
  • Not quite sure what system mode is I'm afraid.

It is a clean install of libreelec 9.1.502.

I use the USB creator tool and just install libreelec onto my internal ssd.

I have not changed any audio settings etc.

Libreelec 9.1.501 give me the first 2 warnings, the same as 9.1.502 does but the sed: write error is a new error that only happens with libreelec 9.1.502, it doesn't happen with 9.1.501.

Thanks