[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• @kszaq I've run into a little problem with these builds and the MAC address of the devices.

All OE builds before 6.0.1.2 change MAC address every reboot and all others OE / LE are giving me the same MAC address (00:01:23:CD:EE:AF) for two different devices. In android the two different devices correctly show different MAC addresses.
    I have tried all the different MXQ builds using the update files and the install (zip) method with the same result.
    For now, to avoid IP clashes on my LAN, I am assigning static IP's to these devices but, wonder if it will lead to issues down the track.

This is only an issue with the 3_1 type boards, I also have a 2.0 board which shows a different MAC address to the others, as it should

Has anyone else reported anything similar?

Edited once, last by Poida (June 8, 2016 at 5:56 PM).

• Deleted reply read below

EDIT: Sorry miss read your post, you may need to enable hidden folders via system settings, go to: System / appearance / files lists, and enable show hidden files and directories.

Thanks man, that did it!

Peace.

• Poida I have seen the same on the V3_1 board I have. I have plans to look at it later, now I'm busy trying to make my first S905 build boot.

...a build for S905-devices would be great. I heared that there are not so many differences between the S905-boards.

kszaq ...which device would you recommend for your new S905-build?

• kszaq hi kzsaq, longtime user of your openelec builds here, since 5.0.8.20. Having a small problem here, I bought my second MXQ recently and loaded Openelec 6.0.1.4 (hd18) to it, and noticed its a 512mb ram box. I then loaded Libreelec m201d build (7.0.1.4) from NAND and it boots up but the remote is not working. Remote working perfectly in 6.0.1.4. I tried the remote.conf method from android etc folder to the configfiles folder but it is not working properly. any guidance? is there anyway to load libreelec 7.0.1.4 with the remote config from openelec 6.0.1.4 hd18? thanks for helping all us mxq owners out, it is much appreciated!!!

Edited once, last by dropthebase (June 9, 2016 at 3:29 AM).

• OpenElecCrazy Have you had a chance to test 7.0.1.2 build with SSV6051Q WiFi? There is a small difference between the last test build I made for you and 7.0.1.2 release, it might work this time.

Hey Kszaq, sorry Ive been out of town for work. Ill give it a try tonight and get back to you. Thank you!

Frank

• Poida I have seen the same on the V3_1 board I have. I have plans to look at it later, now I'm busy trying to make my first S905 build boot.

Yeah no worries, just wondered if you were aware of the issue. Good luck with the maiden S905 build

• kszaq Thank you for your help.I have MXQ s805 with red stripe,used update method to migrate from OE to LE(2016-05-25:7.0.1.2)Ewriting worked perfect.I installed your latest LE version7.0.1.4 but I noticed a bug. My remote control does not work and the blue led is constantly on.Any suggestions?Would really appreciate the effort.Thank you.

• kszaq hi kzsaq, longtime user of your openelec builds here, since 5.0.8.20. Having a small problem here, I bought my second MXQ recently and loaded Openelec 6.0.1.4 (hd18) to it, and noticed its a 512mb ram box. I then loaded Libreelec m201d build (7.0.1.4) from NAND and it boots up but the remote is not working. Remote working perfectly in 6.0.1.4. I tried the remote.conf method from android etc folder to the configfiles folder but it is not working properly. any guidance? is there anyway to load libreelec 7.0.1.4 with the remote config from openelec 6.0.1.4 hd18? thanks for helping all us mxq owners out, it is much appreciated!!!

If you have a remote that worked with HD18Q build, you should use remote.conf from that build: remote.conf

kszaq Thank you for your help.I have MXQ s805 with red stripe,used update method to migrate from OE to LE(2016-05-25:7.0.1.2)Ewriting worked perfect.I installed your latest LE version7.0.1.4 but I noticed a bug. My remote control does not work and the blue led is constantly on.Any suggestions?Would really appreciate the effort.Thank you.

Double-check that you have downloaded a build for correct device. Remote configuration has not changed in my builds for a very long time.

kszaq ...which device would you recommend for your new S905-build?

At the moment I can give no recommendation. If I ever publish S905 builds, I want to make them work on as many S905 devices as possible.

Edited once, last by kszaq (June 9, 2016 at 11:15 PM).

• kszaq I know it's to early right now but here is a Link to stock andriod rom for QuickPlay MXQ

Download latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro Quick Play TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

If you do build for this box I can test and report logs.

Thanks for everything you do.

Pigbait

I had a good look around on ebay and that does look like it will be the new MXQ. There seems to be a lot of S905 boxs appearing but all slightly different so best to stick with the one that will be mass-produced and therefore probably popular.

I was going to buy a third old MXQ but I think I'll go for the new MXQ Pro in the hope that we get flawless video playback! Well, when a LE build appears.

EDIT: This version seems to be all over ebay:

Good price! But will it be the popular choice?

Edited once, last by chewitt (June 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM).

• My God
    I can tell these S905 Chipsets are being used in at least 15 different Boxes i've seen.
    This is going to turn into a Nightmare for kszaq .

I have been testing firmware for the MiniMX AMLogic S905 by Alex at Amlinux Media since January 2016
    and now the S905's are appearing in all sorts of boxes with different remotes and boards.

I would not go out recommending anything at this stage. Let Kaszq choose what he has tested.

I am only giving my opinion guys but this is looking like the All Black MXQ Clone Directory all over again.

• My God
    I can tell these S905 Chipsets are being used in at least 15 different Boxes i've seen.
    This is going to turn into a Nightmare for kszaq .

I have been testing firmware for the MiniMX AMLogic S905 by Alex at Amlinux Media since January 2016
    and now the S905's are appearing in all sorts of boxes with different remotes and boards.

I would not go out recommending anything at this stage. Let Kaszq choose what he has tested.

I am only giving my opinion guys but this is looking like the All Black MXQ Clone Directory all over again.

Yes that's my point exactly. I'm happy with my old MXQ at the mo but will upgade at some point. Are these new boxes really speedy or not really that much of a differnce?