[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• kszaq: first thank a lot for your great job, I'll pay you a coffee as soon :). I have a mxq and mxv and libreelec works fine,
    I want to share a couple of tricks:

- on mxv to power led blue just add to
    "/storage/.config/autostart.sh" this line:
    echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/m201_costdown\:\:front/brightness

- AVerMedia HD Volar (A867) works fine with this trick:
    Add external power supply you have to cut red cable on usb extension cable near to end, solder only to the usb tv tuner red cable to the external 5v power (at least 1 ampere) and then both side of black cable to the gnd of external power supply.

This with 7.90.beta1, but with 7.90.beta2 dvb-t2 stops working fine after 5 minutes with lot of glitches, maybe for this change: disabled AML_I2C to possibly fix some external DVB tuners.

Bye
    Paolo
    Ps: external powered usb hub not works with mxq and usb tv stick (kernel bug?)

• My S805 build folder is 12GB.

The idea of LE is to have read-only system partition image as squashfs. I don't have a way to modify it.

@all If anyone is having issues with non-working sound on boot and it starts to work after replugging HDMI, 7.0.3.3 build has been updated to 7.0.3.3a with a fix for that issue.

kszaq Thanks for your response. Another question though. Is the kernel used in LE based on Ubuntu? If not what kernel it is based on?

• Hello ppl, my 1st post ... :)

I'm a long user of XMBC/KODI and I'm desperate. My Android box seems to be right on the limit to be perfect but from time to time I get those annoying little drops of playbacks. I applied many tricks to free the box as much as possible (disabled apps, no background processes, etc).

I had my eye on OpenELEC and now LibreELEC which I think is the ultimate KODI environment.

My box is the Minix Neo X6, SoC S805. Very basic setup. Connected to my HDTV using HDMI, that's it.

I browsed through this thread and I saw no post mentionning Minix boxes, not a single post! Any reason why?

I tried the SDcard method with the ROMs specific to S805 and my box just seems to freeze, nothing much happen (black screen on TV) and after a while (many minutes) I abort. I guest the X6 is not generic enough? Anyone had success to boot LibreELEC on the X6 ?

I would appreciate any insight with that box and LibreELEC combination.

Thanx in advance

• kszaq Thanks for your response. Another question though. Is the kernel used in LE based on Ubuntu? If not what kernel it is based on?

The kernel is based on release from Amlogic, modified by Codesnake and later me to fit S805 + LE.

My box is the Minix Neo X6, SoC S805. Very basic setup. Connected to my HDTV using HDMI, that's it.

I browsed through this thread and I saw no post mentionning Minix boxes, not a single post! Any reason why?

I don't support Minix X6 for a very simple reason: I don't have this box and Minix doesn't share their kernel source code. Because of this I can't add support for it.

• I don't support Minix X6 for a very simple reason: I don't have this box and Minix doesn't share their kernel source code. Because of this I can't add support for it.

Ho ok. I was afraid that would be the case.

There must be that legal issue again. Strange that Wetek has no problem dealing with that!

Thanx anyway ... that situation might change in the future.

Keep up the good work ... :)

PS
    Wetek Hub, here I come!

• hello ..please i need help
    my remote controle of receirver hybrid ott does not work anymore after the transformation to acemax k1dvb s2
    please i need your help to find the original firmware hybrid ott amlogic s805 or hybrid ott "remote config"

• hello ..please i need help
    my remote controle of receirver hybrid ott does not work anymore after the transformation to acemax k1dvb s2
    please i need your help to find the original firmware hybrid ott amlogic s805 or hybrid ott "remote config"

The original firmware should be available at the manufacturer of your Hybrid ott box.

• Hi there,

i installed 7.0.3.2 and it works fine on my MXQ AllBlack.
    Only on Prob i have, it does not Power on with Remote.
    I have two of these, one Power up, one does not. :s

Any ideas or Solutions about this?

Power down is no Problem.

copy the remote.conf from the one to the other does not fix it.

• i installed 7.0.3.2 and it works fine on my MXQ AllBlack.
    Only on Prob i have, it does not Power on with Remote.
    I have two of these, one Power up, one does not. :s

Any ideas or Solutions about this?

Power down is no Problem.

copy the remote.conf from the one to the other does not fix it.

This is u-boot issue - this means that bootloader from Android firmware that you have (or used to have) does not support powering on with remote.

• Ok, this means, no solution, right?

The original Image is not avalible :@

So i try a couple of MXQ IMG, so so the Bootloader was gone.

Couldt i get a IMG from the other box i have and put it on the "faulty" one?
    Will this help?

I am new in thes Android and Linux stuff, so please give me a Hint to Google that.

• These non-branded boxes are a lottery and you'd be really lucky if you find a firmware that fits. I don't have any advice on this, some time ago I tried to find a firmware for one box and not even the firmware that was sent by seller fit...