Posts by simrim1

My S805 build folder is 12GB.

The idea of LE is to have read-only system partition image as squashfs. I don't have a way to modify it.

@all If anyone is having issues with non-working sound on boot and it starts to work after replugging HDMI, 7.0.3.3 build has been updated to 7.0.3.3a with a fix for that issue.

kszaq Thanks for your response. Another question though. Is the kernel used in LE based on Ubuntu? If not what kernel it is based on?

OK. Looks like issue is resolved. Well, for the time being. I put my device next to router and download speed jumped to 40MBits/s.

Now, can anybody help me in building from source. I am new to Linux so need some help in building it. I want a read/write file system where I can use my device as a normal headless command line Linux machine.

Any type of help will be much appreciated. Thx

I have noticed something strange on LE with WiFi. I ran speed tests on LE and RPi. RPi gave a result of 34.5 MBits/s DL and 14.5 MBits/s UL on wired connection. Same test on LE resulted in 0.33 MBits/s DL and 15.4 MBits/s UL on WiFi. So uplink on both of them is same.

it seems WiFi is OK but there is something wrong with downlink only and it seems to be software related issue.

Has anybody else noticed it?

I bought two different ones from ebay, both generic white usb2 100MBit/s ethernet adapters. One only supported usb1 "full speed", so it was very slow (max 11 MBit/s, even when connected to fast ethernet). The other supports proper usb2 "high speed", and delivers more than 90 MBit/s. It uses an Asix chipset and was advertised as having one.

If yours is also very slow, you should check the usb connection speed besides the ethernet speed. When you plug the usb adapter in, the linux kernel will tell you the usb version and speed used. SSH to the box and check the output of "dmesg".

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what is issue with wifi? Is it WiFi hardware itself or WiFi Linux drivers for this hardware?

I will check it it usb2Ethernet.

kszaq
    How much space is required to build LE. Last time I ran the build on RPi (old model with 8gb sd card) and it stalled after 15 hours because there was no space left out of 4.7gb?
    And how I can make filesystem read/write because while building it? I want to use it as headless server when not using as media player.

if you already got such a build please share it.

Thx

Hello guys. Need your help. I have installed 7.0.3.3 and it is running fine but WiFi connection. It is very connection and is preventing me from watching anything on Kodi. When connecting through SSH LAN connection is very bad there as well. Even keyboard usage is strutting.

Any fix for it? Thx in advance.

Hello Guys,
    I need your help in installing LibreELEC on my MK808b Plus device. At the moment Android is installed on the device. Pin method is not working. Screen just stays at Google TV splash screen. I want to install it on NAND and want to get rid of Android. Can someone help me out? Thx
    [hr]
    Alright. Managed to install 7.0.0.1 from SD Card with aml_autoscript on it. This build is not stable. It is rebooting itself every now and then and it is letting me enter my wifi password because it reboots while entering password. Now trying to install 7.0.3.3.