[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Is this why my box only displays 375 mb RAM in your m201d build? This is the only build that boots on my box S805_v1_D08. hopefully your fix for the freezing issue works. Thanks for all your work!

Yes. The box has 512MB RAM but some part of it is reserved for video decoder, deinterlacer and post process engine. 375MB is the RAM amount available to user. The real one.

• is the false ram the same for boards marked MxQ V3.0?

I don't know. An easy way to tell is which version of my builds works for you: if you can run HD18Q or MXQ build, you have 1GB RAM. If m201d is the only one that boots for you, you have 512MB RAM.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know other torrent client I can install it?

You can use Transmission from unofficial OE repo: service.downloadmanager.transmission-7.0.1.zip

• I have a box that I think is tricky to access the reset button/boot menu. So not sure how I'd boot into it the first time.
    But, apart from a few obvious issues (rcu keymapping, audio etc.) that may or may not happen, should this boot on any S805 box?

• fanni sent me a box with the V3_1 board and I was able to play with it a little. I was also able to reproduce the issue and I think I have a fix!

The bad news about that board is that it has 512MB of physical RAM.

Here's screenshot from unpacked kernel proving that they are faking RAM amount in kernel log (They also fake RAM amount in free command in Android):

And here's a screenshot from kernel from other box that prints real RAM amount:

At first I thought they are somehow initializing the second RAM chip later but now I am almost 100% sure that half of the RAM is a fake.

Lol. Glad to hear that you might have found a fix for the issue of the v3_1 boxes freezing. And I guess big props to fanni2 for supply you a box with this board in it. He did mention to me that he was going to send you one. Was hoping to hear better news re the ram issue thou [PERSEVERING FACE] But I'm still confused as there are 2 ram chips marked as 512x8ddr3 each.....lol. Oh well, at least you now have one of the v3_1 boards too [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

• I have a box that I think is tricky to access the reset button/boot menu. So not sure how I'd boot into it the first time.
    But, apart from a few obvious issues (rcu keymapping, audio etc.) that may or may not happen, should this boot on any S805 box?

Yes, these builds should boot on most S805 boxes but I can't guarantee S/PDIF, WiFi and remote control to work. You should try running from SD card first, it is a completely safe method.

You have to be able to access the reset button to be able to boot from SD card, there is no other way to apply aml_autoscript. On the other side, if you want to flash to NAND, you can prepare an SD card with NAND installation files, boot to Android, insert SD card and execute reboot recovery in terminal - the box will reboot to flashing LE on NAND.

Lol. Glad to hear that you might have found a fix for the issue of the v3_1 boxes freezing. And I guess big props to fanni2 for supply you a box with this board in it. He did mention to me that he was going to send you one. Was hoping to hear better news re the ram issue thou But I'm still confused as there are 2 ram chips marked as 512x8ddr3 each.....lol. Oh well, at least you now have one of the v3_1 boards too

Yes, the board I got also has 512X8DDR3 markings but even in Android - when you factor out fakes in logs - only 512MB of physical RAM is available.
    [hr]
    I have uploaded a new build: 7.0.0.2
    It includes changes developed in many hours of trials, errors and testing.

Consider it a test build. Why "test"? I can't check every single setup you guys have.

Git changelog: Comparing 7.0.0.1...7.0.0.2 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel git changelog: Comparing 4e597d35...bd872fa · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Human-readable changelog:

• deffered CEC initialization for better compatibility
    • added a workaround for Realtek 8188 WiFi with reverted power pins
    • brought back "power off" option in Kodi menu with a fix for blue screen issue
    • added front LED driver for "costdown" boards - this makes front LED work properly for some boards
    • fixed "Reboot from NAND" option in Confluence
    • cleaned up device trees a little - removed nonexistent camera and i2c entries
    • reverted an upstream Kodi patch to minimize stuttering on some videos
    • device-specific fixes:

• MXV: male-male USB cable between port 1 and 4 is no longer needed to boot (user reported)
      • infamous m201d: fixed freezing on video playback; added ZRAM support

There is one known issue for the m201d build: my device cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button! This is an issue with manufacturer-supplied u-boot (improper power key code in u-boot) and needs to be worked around. When I checked how this is handled in their Andoid build - well, that box doesn't suspend. It only turns off HDMI output.

Please flash, test and report!

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 9, 2016 at 10:19 AM).

• kszaq,

Installed 7.0.0.1 to red MQX on NAND, thank you for your hard work!

Only bug I noticed that when I hide Picture and Music in Confluance skin, it does hide them OK. But when I power off the box and power on again the Picture and Music is back on the skin.

Regards,

Edited once, last by anemeth (May 9, 2016 at 3:33 PM).

• K,
    Is it possible to force the time to update on resume from suspend? It often updates after 15 - 20 min and used to update if I used bbc iplayer but doesn't anymore. Hey it's not a big deal just hoping it's a simple line of code. And yes, for the last few or more versions of your builds, suspend has worked fine apart from the time update thang.

And yes full power off seems to work fine too. Nice!

Yes we know it's not really full power off but it's as good.

• K,
    Is it possible to force the time to update on resume from suspend? It often updates after 15 - 20 min and used to update if I used bbc iplayer but doesn't anymore. Hey it's not a big deal just hoping it's a simple line of code. And yes, for the last few or more versions of your builds, suspend has worked fine apart from the time update thang.

And yes full power off seems to work fine too. Nice!

Yes we know it's not really full power off but it's as good.

Not tested, an idea: use this guide to create a resume script. You can name it 01-update-time.power and place the following content inside:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
      post)
        ntpd -q -n -p pool.ntp.org
        ;;
    esac

This would force time update on system resume.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 9, 2016 at 9:51 PM).

• kszaq, I was able to boot all versions of your last 7.0.0.2 but I do not have working WiFi. When LE boots I have no WiFi signals during the setup phase. Wired LAN works great. I have MXQ_S805_V3_1_20151230 blue board and I have included a logfile for your review and help. The box is currently running MXQ SD 7.0.0.2

The box runs very well and movies play smooth. Thank you for your hard work getting LE to run on our boxes...

Frank

• kszaq, I was able to boot all versions of your last 7.0.0.2 but I do not have working WiFi. When LE boots I have no WiFi signals during the setup phase. Wired LAN works great. I have MXQ_S805_V3_1_20151230 blue board and I have included a logfile for your review and help. The box is currently running MXQ SD 7.0.0.2

The box runs very well and movies play smooth. Thank you for your hard work getting LE to run on our boxes...

Frank

Kodi log has no information on WiFi. Please collect the logs according to instruction in the first post.

• Not tested, an idea: use this guide to create a resume script. You can name it 01-update-time.power and place the following content inside:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
      post)
        ntpd -q -n -p pool.ntp.org
        ;;
    esac

This would force time update on system resume.

Cheers K, seems to work although I'll need to keep trying it over the next fews days before I can confirm it works 100%. I did knock off the ,'.txt' file extension, I take it this is correct?

• Hi kszaq,

My all black MXQ has shown a red LED permanently since I first flashed over the stock rom. When booting 7.0.0.2 my LED was red on the u-boot image and then it turned blue!!! When Libreelec booted the LED flickered a little and then went off. Now the LED is red when the unit is in standby and off when the unit is on. Even when powering off and re-powering the unit it now stays like this - Red standby, Off power on. Have you any ideas why my blue LED would appear on the first boot but never after that?

Thanks for the excellent work.