[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I will fix installing to NAND in 7.0.2.7 (along with a/v sync fixes). [emoji56]

Great work KSZAQ, now my old android box has a reason to exist since none of the original Chinese stuck in time or alternative images worked 100% ok with fixed 1920x1080@24Hz progressive TV resolution and some other annoying problems.

Just to let everyone knows that all is ok on my Vigica C100S box, audio pass trough on optical exit to the amplifier so I have working Dolby Digital, DTS and so on.
    Fast boot direct in to Kodi so I can watch my regular and favorite series/movies without extra fuss.

Hoping for new features and future updates to even improve everything more as long Libreelec evolves too.

;)

Edited once, last by SpyLand (October 20, 2016 at 8:19 PM).

• I will fix installing to NAND in 7.0.2.7 (along with a/v sync fixes). [emoji56]

Yes, I think there may be problems with audio sync. I thought it was crappy encoding to begin with but I'm noticing it more and more on different files, mainly H.264. It's only slight but there's also times when it gets really out of sync when you jump forward which can often be sorted by nudging the playback backwards a few seconds.

Not a big issue as this arises quite often, as we all know, with changes to builds. If it gets on my tits too much I'll just revert until the next build.

Having said that there does seem to be yet another speed increase with 7.0.2.6, and as I understand it you're getting a few things ready for the Krypton leap!?

• Most of the changes in the latest build are Kodi related. One of them took some work off the CPU and that's where you might see a performance gain from. Unfortunately most of Video Player tweaks we are using in Jarvis don't apply to Krypton and tweaking will have to be started over. ;)

At this point I think there will be one more Jarvis build for both S805 and S905 - then Krypton starts.

• Most of the changes in the latest build are Kodi related. One of them took some work off the CPU and that's where you might see a performance gain from. Unfortunately most of Video Player tweaks we are using in Jarvis don't apply to Krypton and tweaking will have to be started over. ;)

At this point I think there will be one more Jarvis build for both S805 and S905 - then Krypton starts.

Thanks for the info, will let you know if I notice any more glitches/bugs. May keep one box on Jarvis once you release a Krypton build as a really solid Jarvis build may be as far as we can go with the S805. I'm sure you'll play with Krypton on the S805 but if there aren't any performance improvements then obviously it makes sense for you to spend your time on the S905/x or perhaps something else!! :cool:

EDIT

Just for the record I quickly tried a bunch of files that I had audio sync issues with and they play OK with version 7.0.2.5 (second box in my bedroom) so I may revert my main box until the next release.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 21, 2016 at 6:45 PM).

• HD18Q for sure. Because the letter "HD18Q" is on your board. :D

Cheers i tried both HD18Q and MXQ versions but HD18Q is for my board.

The only issue is if i turn it off/power off/suspend using remote control I can not turn it back on using remote control.

I need to take the power cable off and put it back again to restart. Can some one let me know if there a way around this. Thanks

• The only issue is if i turn it off/power off/suspend using remote control I can not turn it back on using remote control.

I need to take the power cable off and put it back again to restart. Can some one let me know if there a way around this. Thanks

Your box probably has no power off from your Android Firmware.

Go to settings / system / power saving and choose Suspend as a shutdown function.
    Try that and see if that allows you to power it back on via remote.

• Your box probably has no power off from your Android Firmware.

Go to settings / system / power saving and choose Suspend as a shutdown function.
    Try that and see if that allows you to power it back on via remote.

It was switching off from the Red button on remote control on Android firmware and thanks for above. I will try that and will let you know how i go. Thanks

Have you seen / hear about this dirty cow bug in the Linux kernel? Does it affect le?

9 Year Old Linux Kernel bug dubbed 'Dirty Cow' can Root every version of Android

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• It was switching off from the Red button on remote control on Android firmware

Sorry about this. In Android
    If your box was powering off (I'm talking red button) as it clean powered off , when you turned it back on it powers on with animation etc.
    You should leave settings as they are. Choose power off as shutdown function.
    If you use the power menu to shut down / power off , you will not be able to power on via remote red button.
    Basically power off with remote button and power on via remote button should work.
    Use power menu to power off and it wont power back on.
    Gee i'm trying to remember the variables with one of my previous All Black MXQ's that had this issue.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 27, 2016 at 7:41 AM).

• Have you seen / hear about this dirty cow bug in the Linux kernel? Does it affect le?

9 Year Old Linux Kernel bug dubbed 'Dirty Cow' can Root every version of Android

Hmmm, and Linux is supposed to be soooo secure as opposed to windows!! Don't get me wrong I hate Windows and after the Windows 10 shit I will be looking for something else in future.

If the link in Kiwi's post doesn't work there's a small piece about it on the BBC website: Warnings over Dirty Cow Linux bug - BBC News

Yeah lets hope we haven't had some tossers taking over our boxes and stealing the vids of me having sex with the neighbours dog!!! :P

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 27, 2016 at 9:04 AM).

• I've just had a minor bug come back from way back in the s805 journey.

My Backup folder decided to disappear again from /storage/backup
    I rebooted twice. I un plugged box but it was gone. Tried file manager but it was gone.

I then smb using file manager in MAC OS, Backup was there. I opened/mounted it and this caused the
    folder to suddenly appear in LE file manager and in LE Settings Create System and Kodi Backup & Restore Backup.

I had this happen once before so just putting it out there as this is what brought the folder back. :s

S805 - MXQ.arm 7.0.2.6 from Nand on all black MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825'

• My Backup folder decided to disappear again from /storage/backup
    I rebooted twice. I un plugged box but it was gone. Tried file manager but it was gone.

No experience of this but I have noticed that if I pull a USB stick delete some content and then plug it back in it doesn't update the sticks content details which is slightly weird! I'm sure it used to but not 100% sure! Well my brain is even more fuzzy since I gave up drinking and smoking a few months back! :angel:

If I reboot the box then it updates details on flash drives/USB sticks. :-/

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 29, 2016 at 12:08 PM).