[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• You can use Kszaq's other CEC driver daemon. I have been using it for months with out any drop-outs. It even works to play games in Retroarch!

• Hi Everyone, newbie to these boxes so although I did search and read through all this thread I'm still not entirely sure what librelec build I need for my box.
    I'm not sure what brand of clone it is, but is all black and says MQX on the top. The remote is not the rounded one that I have seen. When I opened it up, I could not identify the wireless card (though I will run it via ethernet cable), but the labels read as follows:

S805-V1.2 20150520
    a decal that reads "S805-D DL ( ) MMI ( ) 2016-1-7" with check marks in parenthesis
    HD180_V1.2 2015/05/09

If anyone could please recommend a good, working build (and maybe a d/l link ) I would GREATLY appreciate the help!
    Thanks!

-PGPfan

Edited once, last by PGPfan (September 1, 2016 at 3:51 AM).

• Hi Everyone, newbie to these boxes so although I did search and read through all this thread I'm still not entirely sure what librelec build I need for my box.
    I'm not sure what brand of clone it is, but is all black and says MQX on the top. The remote is not the rounded one that I have seen. When I opened it up, I could not identify the wireless card (though I will run it via ethernet cable), but the labels read as follows:

S805-V1.2 20150520
    a decal that reads "S805-D DL ( ) MMI ( ) 2016-1-7" with check marks in parenthesis
    HD180_V1.2 2015/05/09

If anyone could please recommend a good, working build (and maybe a d/l link ) I would GREATLY appreciate the help!
    Thanks!

-PGPfan

Check LibreELEC for dl links and read up on how to boot from sd card too. Try the hd18q sd builds and start with the latest release 7.0.2.5 [emoji4]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Hey kszaq, just wanted to give you a big Thanks for your hard work, your last build is working seemingly flawless on my box, although i had to put the remote.conf from the HD18Q on the build.

I do have 1 question for anyone that knows. Is it possible that my Class 10 8gb SD card is slower than an old 1gb microSD card? it takes a lot longer to update the libraries, and my internet connection is fine. Thanks in advance

• I accidentally powered off an MXQ while upgrading from 5.0.8 to the latest release. Usually you would type 'exit' and it will reboot but doing that just reboots to this prompt. Is there any way to unbrick this? The toothpick method doesn't even register

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by jowanu (September 2, 2016 at 4:15 AM).

• I accidentally powered off an MXQ while upgrading from 5.0.8 to the latest release. Usually you would type 'exit' and it will reboot but doing that just reboots to this prompt. Is there any way to unbrick this? The toothpick method doesn't even register

If you have your original Android fw, have you tried flashing that back first?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Your SYSTEM partition needs to be re-formatted. Try using a procedure for new NAND installation. With the latest build you will keep you data.

• If you are stuck beyond repair i may have a factory firmware for this box.
    It is on my home computer so i cant get it to you until i am home in a day or two.
    Let me know.

The box is working great, it is the rtl driver problem in le, not recognized
    By factory you mean one of the test-keys from chinagadgets?

Edited once, last by michaelchen (September 2, 2016 at 2:52 PM).

• The box is working great, it is the rtl driver problem in le, not recognized
    By factory you mean one of the test-keys from chinagadgets?

Sorry i thought the box was frozen. Apologise.
    No the firmware was given to me by the seller way back in 2015.
    I dont flash anything from Chinagadgets. Once was enough. Bricked a box. No wifi no ethernet and so on.

• Sorry i thought the box was frozen. Apologise.
    No the firmware was given to me by the seller way back in 2015.
    I dont flash anything from Chinagadgets. Once was enough. Bricked a box. No wifi no ethernet and so on.

Absolutely true, thx any way, would be great to check it out though.can you post me a link in private?

• Your SYSTEM partition needs to be re-formatted. Try using a procedure for new NAND installation. With the latest build you will keep you data.

Thanks Kszaq and kiwiman - I have tried a NAND install but have been unsuccessful. It doesn't start up with any splash screen, just a black screen then the error screen after a few seconds. This happens both with android and LE. Is there a prompt I can type that will allow me to reboot into recovery from this screen?