List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build

• Have any of you good people had experience of this little box?

Superview ® Mini M8S Pro T95N Google Android 6.0 TV Box 2GB 8GB 4K Amlogic S905 Quad Core with WiFi HDMI DLNA

It looks like it'll work.

Edited once, last by Tyler Durden: Removed Seller Link (July 14, 2017 at 11:51 AM).

• I've ordered one of the boxes, and I'll come back and let you guys know how it performs. I'm assuming it's the same as many of the boxes already listed, just with a different branded box.

• I'm assuming it's the same as many of the boxes already listed, just with a different branded box.

I guarantee you it will not be an S905 Chip as advertised.

It will be a S905X Chip.

You better hope the Wifi Chip is not a 9082xs or SSV6051

If it is , NO WIFI.

• Have any of you good people had experience of this little box?

Superview ® Mini M8S Pro T95N Google Android 6.0 TV Box 2GB 8GB 4K Amlogic S905 Quad Core with WiFi HDMI DLNA

It looks like it'll work.

I guarantee you it will not be an S905 Chip as advertised.

It will be a S905X Chip.

You better hope the Wifi Chip is not a 9082xs or SSV6051

If it is , NO WIFI.I've got the box, and tried one Libreelec build and found no wifi. It's working on Android. How do I confirm what chip it has?

Another member BUM STEERED by this Thread.

I'd like to stop this thread. If you want a hardware listing it should be in a maintained wiki page not a forum thread that very quickly becomes 20+ pages and hard to follow. I would also ask you to refrain from using the terms "to buy" and "not to buy" as forum rules ask you not to promote commercial products

If I'm Hijacking this thread, it's done to help members who stumbled here.

• Another member BUM STEERED by this Thread.

If I'm Hijacking this thread, it's done to help members who stumbled here.

As I read it:

1. He asks if anyone's tried the box (post #73).

No response.

2. He buys the box anyway (#76).

The wifi chip turns out not to be compatible (#78).

3. You post that he's been misled here.

What have I missed? Who told him the wifi would work?

If anything - because he's documented it - the next person to read the thread will be better informed about that particular box. No?

• 1. He asks if anyone's tried the box (post #73).

No response.

I responded 2 hours after he first posted.

Mini M8S Pro T95N Google Android 6.0 TV Box 2GB 8GB 4K Amlogic S905

No point asking members about any MiniM8sPro s905 or any MiniM8s on page #1 as these boxes are all different depending on the date purchased as to what the hell is inside the Generic plastic case or who on Flebay or scAmazon gets the box from. #79

• I responded 2 hours after he first posted.

No point asking members about any MiniM8sPro s905 or any MiniM8s on page #1 as these boxes are all different depending on the date purchased as to what the hell is inside the Generic plastic case or who on Flebay or scAmazon gets the box from. #79

No response = nobody advised him to buy it.

So how has he been BUM STEERED by this thread?

• I don't blame this thread for the fact that I bought the box and the wifi doesn't work with Libreelec. I don't use it so it's not really an issue, although obviously the more of these boxes that can be supported the better for Libreelec.

If there's anything I can do to get the driver let me know.

• Guys, MeCool we do? :) I'm a bit confused, Kodi is perfect but there might be issues with wifi or mecool is ok ?

ok no wifi support, did a search, long time since I last read the forum, thanks anyway :)

Edited 2 times, last by emagi (September 9, 2017 at 11:56 PM).

• I've been using Libreelec for years now, running on devices varying from Raspberry Pi to an overpowered Intel NUC. This last one has been my main box for years, but I've recently bought a 4K TV and it doesn't support 4K/HDR. I was thinking of buying a new NUC, but due to reported HD audio issues I chose to try one of these babies.

I've bought a memobox T95n s905x box on aliexpress for 28 euros. 2GB / 8GB version. Easy to install libreelec, no extra config needed. Most 4K files work, some demo's buffer, probably due to the 100mbit LAN connector. It plays HDR, but not HLG. Very satisfied with this little box. The one thing I can't get working 100% is the remote. Apart from lacking dedicated play, pause and stop buttons, the remote has enough to control Kodi.

For now, I've attached my MCE remote receiver (which is bigger than the T95n) via USB and that controls everything like my NUC did.

Edited once, last by Raytestrak (September 11, 2017 at 7:56 AM).