List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build

• Just so we can make a call on a box (from the working/ approved list) ourselves

This is not an approved list.
    These Chinese boxes only have the Chip s905 or s905x in common.
    They change Boards, Wifi Chips, Card Readers, Dodgy Memory Flash, Crap Ram, Botched Android Firmware, Faking Ram, Bootloader etc etc etc.
    Read from page 1 and learn this should not be an endorsement thread.

• ¿Anyone knows the Vensmile U1 work?
    ¿Wich tree need?
    Specs:
    Motherboard: Q1 V1.1 16171
    Main Features:
    Amlogic S905 quad-core CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high-speed feedback and smooth response.
    Mali-450 penta-core as GPU of this TV Box which gives you the high definition pictures and videos.
    ● With Remix OS 2.0 stable and smooth system.
    2GB DDR3 + 32G eMMC, 32GB maximum extended capacity: It gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
    2.4GHz / 5.8GHz Dual-band WiFi AP6330 chipset (1000Mbps Ethernet): It offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
    ● Supports H.265 video code, enjoy the high-resolution video even at a low-internet-speed environment.
    ● HDMI 2.0 connector: You can directly connect your TV to M9 4K TV box through an HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 4K x 2K HD multimedia experience.
    ● USB 2.0 host ports: Connect with your mouse and keyboard to help you operate more convenient.
    ● Supports multiple languages and multiple formats video.
    ● Infrared remote control let you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.

Can install Libreelec in the 32Gb eMMC could be great.
    Thanks ;)

Edited once, last by EduiT (April 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM).

• I have theMXQ Pro 4K S905X 1GB/8GB Partially works (OP shows S905 version working not this S905X version)
    (Does not install to nand) only on SD card I understand there are variations of boxes, so please bear with me while I explain. It is good from SD card but i am hoping for it on nand
    It does work from SD card however installing to nand is impossible I have tried all device trees.... the one that finally allowed me to progress install was with
    device tree gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb
    HOWEVER on reboot this lead to a black screen.

Board opened and had
    -----
    S905XQ_v1.0

------
    on the ciruitboard

I luckily (hours of searching for info and trying loads of failed images) found the latest stock firware that reinstalled everything on my android box. I am hoping this (along with any info kszaq might require or need if he deems it necessary) may help installing libreelec to nand :)

STOCK firmware for USB TOOL that reinstalled everything MEGA
    This contains .img but also contains files for SD card (I only used the .img file for USB Tool to unbrick install)

I have currently installed this custom streamlined version, [ROM][BETA] Custom Mod Rom for MXQ Pro 4K based on XannyTech Custom Mod Rom
    hoping for an eventual libreelec to nand....

Hoping kszaq or someone might be able to help install this on to nand. I am happy to run terminal in andorid to give you more info etc.
    Many Thanks for reading

edit: It seems the custom rom guy is keen to get this libreelec working on this box too (it currently can not install to nand.... usb/sd boot seems fine) :) quote from freaktab

Toetje583The USB Boot and even SDCard boot are working fine, However also Libreelec is not able to detect the internal storage while running the install script. As I was able to flash A ota zip trough stock Recovery I'm sure there is a way making this work. But my knowledge in TWRP is to small for that. I compared the fstab files and those where fine. So I hope someone can assist us

So there is actually an MXQ Pro 4K 1gb 8gb (p212 version (s905x) name on circuit board S905XQ_v1.0

I use a custom android rom from [ROM][BETA] Custom Mod Rom for MXQ Pro 4K based on XannyTech Custom Mod Rom

But also have a back up latest stock firmware p212-20170214-aml_upgrade_package.img_for_USBTool
    though as usual stock is quite bloated

Edited once, last by bothered (May 18, 2017 at 7:56 AM).

• Mecool HM8 1GB/8GB
    Device Tree used: gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb
    Install/Boot method used: Terminal Emulator APK (no toothpick ava.)

Installed to both USB & later to Internal. All hardware working fine.

• Hi.
    IMO Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB/8GB better be blacklisted, because of its WiFi chip. The manufacturer sometimes (at least) uses 9082xs chip which is not supported in Linus.
    That's from personal experience.

• Hey Everyone

Lets start a llist of all known good boxes to purchase that work with kszaq's LibreELEC builds.

Boxes To Buy:
    Sunvell T95X S905X 1GB/8GB
    Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB/8GB

If you have a box that works that is not listed please post and I will update the list above.

I am sorry, but I bought a Sunvell T95X 1GB/8GB following this advice, and unfortunately wireless does not works.

• Minix Neo U1 with A2 Lite reomte...

Loaded with Libre 8.x.x.x.k and Neo device tree, and its working rather nicely as a LibreElec Kodi box for watching streaming 1080 movies.

LibreElec is loaded on an sdxc and boots from the sdxc. LibreElec has a boot from internal that makes for easy reboot back to factory andro if needed.

• I have a new "Tomato X96 Amlogic S905X" Tv Box with 2GB RAM and 16GB Nand. LE runs like a charm on it!! But the "Toothpick-Trick" is not working over the AV-Port, the little push-button is in the IR-Port.

Another TV-Box is the "Sunvell T95m 4K" with 2GB RAM and 8 GB Nand. LE runs also like a charm on it!! But now LAKKA is working on this box.

My third TV-Box is a "X92 - Amlogic S912" with 3GB RAM and 16GB Nand. But this Box is horror... LE is not working well!! I think this model is to new and to many drives are missing...

PS: If you need the X96.dtb file please let me know and i will upload it!!

• Just bought another S905x box and it works great.

thl box 1 - (S905x 1GB/8GB)

Wifi 2.4Ghz works - and is good enough to stream live TV

Ethernet works

USB works

Simple remote that feels nice and works great (had to make my own remote.conf - attached here - rename it to "remote.conf")

Used the fake zip update metode from Android to first time boot to microSD and libreelec - nice and simple.

remote_thl1.txt

Edited 2 times, last by Wingman112 (July 14, 2017 at 9:44 AM).

• Xgoody X96 s905x 2gig box works well. Using internal Nand for the system Kzac builds have improved this bad android box to working well, playing all 265 movies and more. Remote works well except search forward and backwards options appear missing. all remote.conf dont seem to work for me. However a bluetooth small keyboard does work ok.