7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• If you keep SD card inside, your system will boot from SD card and not from internal. The reason why you are getting "120 sec" error with no SD card inserted is because you need to run installtointernal the second time to apply standard partition layout. This is explained in first post.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough with my first post. I did follow those instructions and ran installtointernal twice. The error came after the second install as well as the first. I will give this another try.

• Hi,

I have lost access to recovery on my MiniMXIII after installing LibreElec to internal memory.
    Any idea how can I boot to recovery? Not even able to run stock or TWRP recovery from SD card using Toothpick method. "Reboot recovery" from ssh gives exactly the same result as when tried wiith sd card or without. Device hangs on Beelink logo screen.

Does it mean I will need to reflash it with USB tool?

edit: Libreelec is working btw. The only thing I'm not able to do is boot to recovery.

Edited once, last by sebastianda (November 6, 2016 at 7:27 PM).

• Hi,

I've got a couple of issues with my Wetek Hub after installing to internal NAND. Occasionally after skipping forward in a film or pausing and then restarting the audio output stops. I'm using HD Audio passthrough to a Denon AVR. Also sometimes when the audio comes back in after a pause it is preceded by a loud static like crack.

Also every so often the video output seems to become slightly juddery for a second or two before correcting itself. I think the only other 'problem' is that if I use hardware decoding it doesn't matter what resolution the source material is Kodi outputs it at 1080p!

I tried updating to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz but I got an on-screen message saying that the upgrade was not compatible with the Wetek Hub. I'm fairly sure that my issues will be fixed with future updates and I'm also very thankful for all the work you devs are putting in but is there a later build that has the audio and memory leak fixes that I can apply to my Hub?

Cheers,

JMP

• jmp1963 You are probably using someone else's build and in that case you need to create .nocompat file in Update folder in case you want to switch to my builds. The check is only present in LE 7.90 alpha are you trying to downgrade? In that case you have to make a clean build. And I'm afraid that most of the bugs from official releases are present in my builds - as soon as I find something worth upstreaming I create a PR to LE master.

• Any idea how can I boot to recovery?

Put your preferred recovery.img and dtb.img from the Android firmware for your box on the same SD card and reboot with toothpick method (or reboot recovery from SSH, if it works for you) ;)
    [hr]

Has anyone noticed any pops/clicks like static on the audio since trying "LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz"?

I haven't noticed it with that build, but very prominent in the Krypton-preview build

Edited once, last by Poida (November 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM).

• I just got my mouse working again and all buttons on the remote. All I did was copy the remote.conf for my android to LibreELEC. Now everything works. I recommend if you are having issues then try that.

If anyone needs the remote.conf for a NEXBOX A5 s905x here it is Dropbox - Link not found

• jmp1963 You are probably using someone else's build and in that case you need to create .nocompat file in Update folder in case you want to switch to my builds. The check is only present in LE 7.90 alpha are you trying to downgrade? In that case you have to make a clean build. And I'm afraid that most of the bugs from official releases are present in my builds - as soon as I find something worth upstreaming I create a PR to LE master.

Ooops! My bad!! You're absolutely right. I'd 'forgotten' that I'd gone to Alpha (I've tried many things to iron out some of the bugs). Thanks for taking the time to answer and all your efforts. As I said earlier I'll keep waiting for things to improve - I know they will thanks to people like you ;)

Cheers,

JMP

• Any idea in this topic ? Somebody please help me. :huh:

• Any idea in this topic ? Somebody please help me. :-/

Wifi Chip for your box is unconfirmed Broadcom Ap6335
    I would read the #1  and update to the latest. Find and test device trees.
    Use the ones developed for 2gb / 1Gbit
    Read Caution on OP. If you have a device with non-standard partition layout and have LE installed to internal memory, you have to perform a clean install.

• Wifi Chip for your box is unconfirmed Broadcom Ap6335
    I would read the #1  and update to the latest. Find and test device trees.
    Use the ones developed for 2gb / 1Gbit
    Read Caution on OP. If you have a device with non-standard partition layout and have LE installed to internal memory, you have to perform a clean install.

Thank you, I appreciate your help !

• Hey guys im new here,
    All was working fine until one day i got
    Error in mount flash: mount_common: could not mount LABEL=BOOT"
    "starting debugging shell... type exit to quit"
    "ssh: can't access tty: job control turned off".

now I keep getting it every time i reboot the box
    tried a clean install again, same thing from the start, how can i fix it?
    Should i just go and make it boot from eMMC instead of the usb drive?

Edited once, last by vitalero (November 15, 2016 at 1:11 AM).

• Your box is ? Your chip is ? Your ram is ? Your ethernet speed is ?
    Your device tree is ?

Beelink MXIII II , ethernet speed is 100mb, s905x 2GB ram.

I will add, that i tried 3 different usb drives, they all manage to install it once, but after a reboot they keep showing me that msg, I cant try it with sdcard because i have no way to connect it to my pc.
    I have no idea what else to try, Only thing left is to install it on the eMMc

If my only option left is really to install it on the eMMc, i will be happy to do so, but i still didnt find a step by step tutorial and im afraid to ruin the box. because first of all i cant put it on an sd card only usb drive, then connecting over ssh? can that be by using Putty? and thats it?

Edited once, last by vitalero (November 15, 2016 at 1:24 AM).

• I cant try it with sdcard because i have no way to connect it to my pc.
    I have no idea what else to try, Only thing left is to install it on the eMMc

Invest in a USB SD card reader so as to use it on your PC.
    Don't install to internal memory until you have a working SD Card version of LE with a working device tree.
    It is only my advice and my opinion. :)

• Invest in a USB SD card reader so as to use it on your PC.
    Don't install to internal memory until you have a working SD Card version of LE with a working device tree.
    It is only my advice and my opinion. :)

Im going now to buy an sd card reader, can you please explain me the device tree, the instruction says that on s905x "You can either keep dtb.img that is provided on SD card or download a dedicated way (they will work the same!)." so its already on the SD zip img no?

• the instruction says that on s905x "You can either keep dtb.img that is provided on SD card or download a dedicated way (they will work the same!)." so its already on the SD zip img no?

Most S905X Boxes don't require Device Tree added during flash. If you have an issue on boot then choose device tree from the version of LE.