7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• I didnt install TWRP
    Libreelec is on nand installed through standard recovery.
    Nexbox A95x (S905x) - 2G Ram

WOW! Wait! How u did that from standart recovery?

I think to get it working you copy it to /storage/.config/

And u have that file in that directory?
    Cause i havent got it...
    Looks like when u installing LE from TWRP that file cant be created... Or smth like that.
    Well i am waiting from u detail instruction how u did all that fine) and the file too...

• Post logs to check the issue.

Hey,

Was first checking to make sure it wasn't a known issue, couldn't find it elsewhere on the forum etc.

Basically device boots and functions correctly, however when unpowered and the powered again you need to manually connect to the wifi network, including inputting the password.

As far as i can see the network is stored correctly within /storage.

Logs attached.

Latic

• Hello,

Just to say that I have installed version 7.0.2.008 with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.tb on a SD card to run on my SUNNZO 4K android TV box (that is the same box as the mxq pro I believe) and I works very well. Much better than the original kodi (same version ) running on android (that had problems with passthrough audio on HMI and HW video decoding accelator). No more audio hipcuts problem.
    So thanks a lot to kszaq for his great job!
    Just one point to report: as for ALCAPONE, the return button of the remote seems to have no effect...

Thanks again.

• It seems like there is an issue with internal memory of your box, I've never seen alike errors in the log. Can you reproduce the issue if you run from SD card?
    [hr]

On LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA – LibreELEC is:
    "Fix Amlogic default audio device patch to allow external USB audio devices"

Does it mean i can use asynchronous USB as audio source?
    7.0.2 shows USB source in Settings/System/Audio but there is no sound.

This is not 7.90.008 alpha build, that changelog doesn't apply here. All my builds allow USB audio. But you should note that with Kodi Jarvis there are issues with USB Audio if you want to use it for video playback. Audio-only should work.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 2, 2016 at 9:19 PM).

• To make things even worse:

As mentioned before, i cannot get any of the p200_2g 1Gbit device trees to work properly with my android box (full 1 Gbit speed not working, cannot get access to mysql from the LE, cannot access internet - network connection works internal though, i can access the LE samba shares from my windows pc, but it takes a delay of about 15 seconds before i can access them, and data transfers are slow and corrupted.)

Now today i tried both p200_2g_100m device trees from .008, and none of them work for me. I get only internal ip (169.254 stuff) and no connection to my router at all.

If i use a configurable switch where i can limit the port to 100mbit, i can use any of the four p200_2g_1gbit device trees successfully, but well.. limited to 100mbit.

I'm no real network pro, so this is very confusing for me. Any hints?

• It seems like there is an issue with internal memory of your box, I've never seen alike errors in the log. Can you reproduce the issue if you run from SD card?

Strangely the issues continues to happen when it runs from SD card, Should I attach logs?

When this was running 005 it worked fine, but has had this issue on 007 and 008.

If no one else has this issue it probably isn't worth looking into as the box itself is a pain in the ass to be honest.

• If i use a configurable switch where i can limit the port to 100mbit, i can use any of the four p200_2g_1gbit device trees successfully, but well.. limited to 100mbit.

I'm no real network pro, so this is very confusing for me. Any hints?

It seems like your box has faulty Ethernet port. I have no issues with full Gigabit speed on any Gigabit-capable box.

Strangely the issues continues to happen when it runs from SD card, Should I attach logs?

When this was running 005 it worked fine, but has had this issue on 007 and 008.

If no one else has this issue it probably isn't worth looking into as the box itself is a pain in the ass to be honest.

Your box has a Realtek WiFi chip. Do you use a device tree with "Realtek" in the name?

• This is not 7.90.008 alpha build, that changelog doesn't apply here. All my builds allow USB audio. But you should note that with Kodi Jarvis there are issues with USB Audio if you want to use it for video playback. Audio-only should work.

I upgraded to 7.90.008. May be im too noob for digital usb audio and someone would explain me.
    My amplifier with DAC (Peachtree Nova 125SE) can receive audio signal from all digital inputs included USB. LE (LibreELEC) is on Wetek Core.
    Situation is:
    a. HDMI plugged, Optical plugged, USB (asynchro) plugged to LE box (Wetek Core).
    b. In LE Settings/System/Audio i can choose three options (linked pic):

c. All these options works (hear sound) as my Peachtree is set to Opt1 (optical). Its obvious with ALSA Default as it is optical cable. But as i choose one of 2 Peachtree's source (look on pic) in LE there is still sound.
    As i unplug USB (during playing music, Peachtree chosen) sound disappears. I plug it in again sounds appears. It looks like despite Peachtree is set to Opt1, it uses USB plugged. I can set button to USB but there is no sound.
    My question: in case c. USB audio path is working (despite optical is set in amplifier)?

Most hilarious situation (at least for me) is:
    I have connected:
    TV - optical - Peachtree
    and same time
    TV - hdmi - Wetek Core
    As i use TV i can hear sound on loudspeakers (via Peachtree). As i change source on TV remote to AV and run music using LE on Wetek Core (hdmi to TV) still there is sound in loudspeakers.
    It looks like ther is audio path: Wetek Core - hdmi - TV - optical - amplifier (Peachtree). Is it true?

Sorry for my propably vage questions. English is not my native language.

FFS, i posted on wrong thread i suppose.

Edited once, last by Junoxe (November 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM).

• Can someone post the link to the latest build for S905x 2 gb /16gb. There are some devel builds floating around. I have .008 installed. Thanks.

Is this the latest??

Update to the last devel delevop version, contains the fix for the remote.
    2016-10-28
    [/quote]

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (November 2, 2016 at 11:54 PM).

• I upgraded to 7.90.008. May be im too noob for digital usb audio and someone would explain me.
    My amplifier with DAC (Peachtree Nova 125SE) can receive audio signal from all digital inputs included USB. LE (LibreELEC) is on Wetek Core.

Junoxe you have posted in wrong thread. This thread is for 7.0.2.008 build for S905 boxes. You seem to have issues with official LE build for WeTek Core - you should post your bug report here: LibreELEC

Please do so and you will get help from more developers. :)

As a side note: I think that USB Audio won't work on WeTek Core because of lacking one Kodi patch...

• Can someone post the link to the latest build for S905x 2 gb /16gb. There are some devel builds floating around. I have .008 installed. Thanks.

Is this the latest??

Update to the last devel delevop version, contains the fix for the remote.
    2016-10-28

Just wondering it says that device trees are optional for s905x chips, just use the generic. What are the advantages of using the optional device tree??

Regards
    [hr]
    Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with my new NEXBOX A5 s905x 2gb/16gb.
    Using this devel build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz installed to SD Card.

Everything works 100% AFAIK.

Remote 100% including power on/off. No mouse, but who needs it.

System connects to wifi no problem.

Anyone want me to test anything else???

Great job kszaq will send coffee money.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (November 3, 2016 at 12:55 AM).

• Firstly like to thank you guys the easy to follow instructions! I was able to build and boot LibreElec off a USB on my Amlogic A5 (s905x) Im very new to this stuff however have a technical background.

I used LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz Burnt it with Rufus and replaced the dtb.img as instructed.

Just wondering if there's a difference or something I need to do with the Fix? (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.zip) ??

Found the keymapping on my default remote was alright but not the best but I fixed the issues I had with Kodi Keymap Editor (what I've found not working - Back Button atm)

Lastly Is it worth Updating Kodi to the new 17? Is it easy enough to do sorry I scanned through a number of different pages but didn't find anything on how we would do that with LibreElec im guessing SSH?

I guess its because you have development version as to why your power button wont work? I thought mine was if i hold the power button down it will hand for a moment and then just switch off.

If there was some sort of shutdown screen would make it easier to realise its shutting down :)

• Hey there kszaq, I have a quick question and I want to make sure I'm not doing something really stupid.

I'm attempting to build your image from your Github (If I download 7.0.2.008 directly I have no problem with the hardware I'm using) - but for some reason, when I compile it.. (and I believe I'm doing that part correctly) and try to load via SD or USB.. the device bombs out at the recovery screen with an unable to load /misc error.

Here's what I'm doing (I'm doing this on an UBUNTU VM - but I've done the same thing before with OpenELEC)

I'm grabbing your code using git clone GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Then I'm going into the LibreELEC.tv directory
    then I'm running this command - PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make image

Am I doing something really stupid? As far as I can tell, that should be creating a duplicate of what you're hosting on your server as the 7.0.2.008 img.gz file, am I right? Because yours works fine but when I compile, like I said, I get that error.

Also - if this is the wrong thread for this question, let me know

• My power button DOES work. Just use the latest devel build that I used. It works 100% for A5 box.

• I realize I'm replying to myself.. but just wanted to let you know I figured out the issue. It was my copy of Ubuntu that was the issue - once I updated it and took the steps again, all was well Thanks for all your awesome work!

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 3, 2016 at 7:58 AM).