7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Tested it again. If 280-350MB is too much, you can tell me.
    Upload should be finished the next 20 minutes. I will put a log in the folder too (MEGA-Folder, check PM can't send you PMs :( )

Here is the folder, tell me if I can delete it.
    MEGA

it is freezing after 4sec everytime.

Edit:
    Just tested another movie ... Same thing. But I think I was able to watch HVEC already. At least I tested to play it, somewhere before .008.

Thank for the sample, downloaded. I will post an update when I have something to test.

First suggestion: try using echo 16 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 28, 2016 at 6:16 PM).

• October 24th i hope ?

Yep, sorry, I updated with 10-24. I have also played this file with Plex and there is no lag. I should have made it clear that I am not streaming off the net. I have the files stored locally on a laptop/hard drive and play them through the plexbmc addon in Kodi/LE.

• Has anyone experience with the TX3-Pro (S905X) box? I’ve installed kszaq version 7.0.2.008 on SD card. It works fine, only the remote control doesn’t do anything. I’ve already copied the original remote.conf file from Android to the card but it makes no difference. I’ve also tried the original dtb.img and both versions from kszaq, but also no difference. With other dtb.img files the box doesn’t boot or doesn’t work properly. For the moment, I can use the box with HDMI-CEC or with a keyboard but I'd prefer using the original remote control.

Any idea?

• You can adjust that in the OSD settings while the movie is playing (Press the OK button, choose the Audio symbol then audio offset. Use the slider to advance/retard audio stream)

If the lag is consistent each time, you can then save your settings as default for all movies.

I believe that the settings will be remembered for the current video if it is played again, even if not saved as default (I'm sure it used to work like that, when I needed to change the mux settings - way back when. . .)

I did see that option, but it doesn't solve the problem. I remember reading somewhere in this forum that someone reduced by .225 ms - I did this and the HEVC is back in sync. I'm not sure if all file types are out of sync, but I'll experiment with that.
    Thanks for your help.

• Thank for the sample, downloaded. I will post an update when I have something to test.

First suggestion: try using echo 16 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin

just putting the command into putty?

Edit: Answered it myself ... Was curious because there was no feedback by putty. Now it is working! :) Thanks

Edited once, last by Stimmenhotel (October 28, 2016 at 8:20 PM).

• New development build uploaded: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz
    GitHub: 2016-10-28-devel

Changes from previous dev build:

• 4K scaling patches from LE master
    • audio passthrough patches from LE master (slightly adjusted)
    • a bit lower memory leak (unfortunately it's still there!)
    • analog output on S905X should work now (untested)
    • ability to update device tree by simply throwing it with update image into Update folder (untested)

I consider this build a release candidate for 7.0.2.009. After .009 my development efforts will be focused on Krypton, although all important fixes will be backported to Jarvis builds if possible.

In the meantime there's also a Krypton build to play with. ;)

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 28, 2016 at 10:53 PM).

• After .009 my development efforts will be focused on Krypton, although all important fixes will be backported to Jarvis builds if possible.

[emoji106] Thanks for your restless support!

• Thank for the sample, downloaded. I will post an update when I have something to test.

Latest dev build update needs that config to be done again.
    I'll probably try with the krypton build later today.

• Latest dev build update needs that config to be done again.
    I'll probably try with the krypton build later today.

The fix will make it to a next build, both Jarvis and Krypton. I lowered the margin some time ago from 16 to 8 as it still fixed the video I had and I thought it was needed to fix memory usage. As it turned out the reason for high memory usage is different, we can bump the margin back to 16.

• The fix will make it to a next build, both Jarvis and Krypton. I lowered the margin some time ago from 16 to 8 as it still fixed the video I had and I thought it was needed to fix memory usage. As it turned out the reason for high memory usage is different, we can bump the margin back to 16.

Yesterday I found I post from you, where you mention two other settings to change for a nicer 4k HVEC playback:
    LibreELEC

Is this recommended for high bitrate FHD HVEC files too?

According to your switch to the krypton build, I think amlogic released the necessary drivers/kernel (whatever)?
    I have read a while ago, that krypton and s905/amlogic can't play together nicely yet because of some incompatibilitys?

• @ kszaq
    Do you have plan to adopt Mali r6p1 driver?
    I've tested 008 build on S912 box.
    It booted but didn't start kodi.
    I can connect ssh and samba.

No, I won't use for my builds r6p1 Mali driver as it has performance issues. It used in .006, you can see for youself: LibreELEC

Builds for S905 won't work on S912, these SoC has different Mali chips and driver is not compatible.

• New development build uploaded: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz
    GitHub: 2016-10-28-devel

Changes from previous dev build:

• 4K scaling patches from LE master
    • audio passthrough patches from LE master (slightly adjusted)
    • a bit lower memory leak (unfortunately it's still there!)
    • analog output on S905X should work now (untested)
    • ability to update device tree by simply throwing it with update image into Update folder (untested)

I consider this build a release candidate for 7.0.2.009. After .009 my development efforts will be focused on Krypton, although all important fixes will be backported to Jarvis builds if possible.

Hi kszaq....how can we update to the Krypton build, can we drop the tar.gz file in via update? Thanks

• Hello everyone,
    I am on build 005. I can not boot from USB to try newer builds. I have mini m8s s905.
    I downloaded: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz , gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb and renamed it "dtb.img".
    Prepared my usb with USB creator and replaced "dtb.img".
    Here are my 7 files on usb: aml_autoscript, dtb.imb, kernel.img, kernel.img.md5, s905_autoscript, SYSTEM, SYSTEM.md5

I can not run libreelec from USB. Anyone please help.
    [hr]

Hello everyone,
    I am on build 005. I can not boot from USB to try newer builds. I have mini m8s s905.
    I downloaded: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz , gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb and renamed it "dtb.img".
    Prepared my usb with USB creator and replaced "dtb.img".
    Here are my 7 files on usb: aml_autoscript, dtb.imb, kernel.img, kernel.img.md5, s905_autoscript, SYSTEM, SYSTEM.md5

I can not run libreelec from USB. Anyone please help.

I changed USB port and now everything is OK.
    Thanks everyone.

Edited once, last by fatjanhushi (October 30, 2016 at 1:34 PM).