7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Well I turned the box off, pulled out the USB dongle for the wireless keyboard thinking that could have been an issue.

When I restarted the box there were about 30 FAILED messages came up and the box seemed to hang getting no further than the LibreElec screen. Never even got to Kodi.

Seems I am fated not to succeed in this. My Nexbox is the 2/16 version btw.

Just try a fresh install mate....do the usb/sd card and the via SSH do internaltointernal (if you want it on your nand and then use it hard wired).

• Well I turned the box off, pulled out the USB dongle for the wireless keyboard thinking that could have been an issue.

When I restarted the box there were about 30 FAILED messages came up and the box seemed to hang getting no further than the LibreElec screen. Never even got to Kodi.

Seems I am fated not to succeed in this. My Nexbox is the B7N 2/16 version btw.

Have you got the correct device tree?

• Have you got the correct device tree?

I used the gxl 2gb one as that seemed the only option to fit.

Is poor wifi a common occurrence with LE? Works perfect when back to android.

btw thanks so much for your patience and your help so far! :)

Edited once, last by mergleb (October 26, 2016 at 6:35 PM).

• I used the gxl 2gb one as that seemed the only option to fit.

Is poor wifi a common occurrence with LE? Works perfect when back to android.

btw thanks so much for your patience and your help so far! :)

the first tree I tried, wifi didn't work, I then got a realtek one. I think my wifi is a lot better

• Huh, no more specific device tree for Beelink MXIII (2GB Ram)?
    Which one should i use instead?
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb?

Thanks in advance.

and..
    2nd question

Any possibility to pair my device with other ir remote? For example i have at home old dvd player remote and want it to be paired with my box?

Edited once, last by krishax (October 26, 2016 at 9:21 PM).

• I am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi

• No joy with the gxbb dtbs - wouldnt even boot from the USB stick.

If you want help , learn to name your box with full details like , NEXBOX A95X B7N S905X 2GB/8GB.
    That is your box. Don't just shortcut the details.
    And from the Opening Page #1
    S905X: Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.
    What part of this did you follow? Take the time to understand and ask for help on what you don't understand before going off installing without really understanding the instructions.

• If you want help , learn to name your box with full details like , NEXBOX A95X B7N S905X 2GB/8GB.
    That is your box. Don't just shortcut the details.
    And from the Opening Page #1
    S905X: Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.
    What part of this did you follow? Take the time to understand and ask for help on what you don't understand before going off installing without really understanding the instructions.

I have a Nexbox a95x B7N 2gb/16gb. Which I have already said.

I used the gxl (2gb) tree. There were only two to choose from anyway. When I got it fully loaded and working I had no wifi.

Would appreciate some help as it seems others may have got this working, though I am not sure about those with the 2/16 box as I have. Also, I have read this entire thread on numerous occasions looking for advice, similarities. I only posted as there was nothing to go on.

Edited once, last by mergleb (October 26, 2016 at 10:31 PM).

• I have a Nexbox a95x B7N 2gb/16gb. Which I have already said

You posted 442 /444/446/448/450/453/455/457 plus all the members replying thinking you had a Nexbox A95X S905
    The chip is the most important spec followed by ram amount and ethernet speed.
    Just take it on board that this is what happens with limited disclosure of spec details.
    Nexbox a95x B7N 2gb/16gb. is still not disclosing your chip. Nexbox has released their new S905X chip box naming it the same name as the previous box "A95X" . MiniM8sPro is another of these chinese boxes which have done the same thing. :s

• You posted 442 /444/446/448/450/453/455/457 plus all the members replying thinking you had a Nexbox A95X S905
    The chip is the most important spec followed by ram amount and ethernet speed.
    Just take it on board that this is what happens with limited disclosure of spec details.
    Nexbox a95x B7N 2gb/16gb. is still not disclosing your chip. Nexbox has released their new S905X chip box naming it the same name as the previous box "A95X" . MiniM8sPro is another of these chinese boxes which have done the same thing. :s

I am sorry for giving any wrong impression.
    I have the original packaging the box cam in.
    On the sticker on the back it says - CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad core A53 2.0GHz
    Model - A95X-B7N.

Is that thorough enough?

Now that is established is there any advice please? :)

I used the SD/USB creator to create the boot on the USB drive. I replaced the DTB file with the gxl (2) tree. As I said on first load up it was fine - I got thru to Kodi and all worked except when I got to the Settings>File Manager it couldnt pick anything up - no wifi. After that all hell broke loose as the next time I powered it up it was corrupt and wouldnt load.

• Now that is established is there any advice please?

Please try this : Do a Fresh Install without using any device tree except the one that is already in the there after you burn the .img (fresh install only)
    To be clear, Just burn the .img to sd card. That is it.

• Yesterday i tried with another installation of LibreELEC (latest version), with another movie, this time without any hardware acceleration and i had the same results...

CPU-KODI started at 240% and reached 400% at some complex scenes which is normal since there was no hardware acceleration... Also when i paused the movie CPU-KODI went to 35% which is also normal since there was no other activity...

But after 30-35 minutes CPU-KODI abnormally rised about 100-120%... So when the movie was playing instead of the usual 240% i saw the value going at 340-360% steadily and when i paused the movie instead of the ususal 35% i saw the value going at 120-130%... And when i paused the movie after about 5 -10 minutes the box froze altogether...

It is if something was executed in the background and started using the CPU...

RAM was alright and steady in its values during this whole process so this does not point to a memory leak...

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Logs was sent in a previous message yesterday but if you wish i can attach them also here...

Best regards...

Edited once, last by logicheart (October 27, 2016 at 7:47 AM).

• It is if something was executed in the background and started using the CPU...

Mini M8S II S905X 2gb/8gb
    Is this your box above ?
    Please advise whether you used a device tree during fresh install ?
    If you did , please disclose.
    Are you using wifi when this happens ? If yes , try ethernet and report.
    I don't have this box but my MiniM8sPro has a kernel panick if i dont use wifi fix device tree and freezes on wifi.
    Are you pressing "o" with remote to bring up codec info? Take a screenshot with Hardware acceleration active.