7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• logicheart Please update to the latest development version (link in my post above) - simply drop that file into Update folder and reboot: HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    There is one memory leak fix that might help you.

For any next bug report please generate log according to point 8 here: LibreELEC
    This - apart from Kodi log - includes system logs that may include additional helpful information. Thanks.

Edit: I also prefer NFS over SMB. ;)

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 25, 2016 at 8:30 AM).

• kszaq - I have tried the latest development build on my A95X Nexbox 1gb/8gb and prior to applying the dev build I was memory leaking around 150mb per hour of watched movies/tv shows. Since updating to the dev build it has reduced to about 100mb per hour of watching movies/tv shows...........so some improvement and no freezes or crashes to report.

Cheers

• could you try it out and look if you could reproduce your issue?

I will try also this connection but first i will try the new build Kszaq posted to see if it fixes the issue...

Thank you for your help... :)
    [hr]

logicheart Please update to the latest development version (link in my post above) - simply drop that file into Update folder and reboot: HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    There is one memory leak fix that might help you.

For any next bug report please generate log according to point 8 here: LibreELEC
    This - apart from Kodi log - includes system logs that may include additional helpful information. Thanks.

Edit: I also prefer NFS over SMB. ;)

Thank you, I will try the new version and post results...

Edited once, last by logicheart (October 25, 2016 at 8:40 AM).

• I checked the file again. It plays flawlessly on the earlier version, and even on S805 libreelec. The new version has big trouble with it. I cut a 20MB piece from the beginning, that exhibits the problem on my wetek hub when played from a gigabit connected smb share.

Link: File-Upload.net - Datei nicht gefunden

Back to earlier version...

Edit: Now I cannot get the file to work on any version. I am too tired today, will do more tests tomorrow...

Less tired, more cohesive: The file plays fine on S805 Libreelec, Libreelec x86 8.0 (Nvidia ION) and on Kodi/Windows 10 - all with hardware decoding. I could not get S905 Libreelec to play it, so I must have been mistaken that it worked on a specific version. I tried 008-fix, both 20161018 devel and the 20161023 devel versions on the wetek hub.

• Anyone else having trouble with audio on the M8S Pro T95N? I've tried the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb device tree but get crackling indecipherable audio. Going back to .007 and the gxbb_p200_2G_t95n_2g.dtb tree fixes the audio.

Should I be using a different dtb? I can post a bug report later when I'm home.

Edited once, last by chrisbanes (October 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM).

• Less tired, more cohesive: The file plays fine on S805 Libreelec, Libreelec x86 8.0 (Nvidia ION) and on Kodi/Windows 10 - all with hardware decoding. I could not get S905 Libreelec to play it, so I must have been mistaken that it worked on a specific version. I tried 008-fix, both 20161018 devel and the 20161023 devel versions on the wetek hub.

Just tried that file via USB and played fine.
    Tested Nexbox A95X S905 1gb / 8gb
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz

• Hi,

I have issue with tethered Wireless Access Point feature on Kiii box. AP not visible after enabling it. Following this LibreELEC made it visible, but still unable to connect - clients hang on receiving ip address. Under android Mobile hotspot works without issues. Firmware file seems to be identical in both OS.
    Where can I look to make AP functional under LE?

Edited once, last by sivanoff (October 25, 2016 at 2:20 PM).

• Anyone else having trouble with audio on the M8S Pro T95N? I've tried the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb device tree but get crackling indecipherable audio. Going back to .007 and the gxbb_p200_2G_t95n_2g.dtb tree fixes the audio.

Should I be using a different dtb? I can post a bug report later when I'm home.

This is the correct device tree using .008 and dev versions after that.
    gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

Why did you change device tree using .008
    you say "I've tried the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb"

I have no issues. I run a straight HDMI to my TV so i hope we are talking the same thing/

• Just tried that file via USB and played fine.
    Tested Nexbox A95X S905 1gb / 8gb
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz

Interesting, I use the same version on the hub and it does not work for me, even when on USB. It shows neither the stripe over the castle nor the lamp jumping around; instead, the picture is frozen.

Could you take a picture of your video and sound settings? Maybe there is a difference.

Thanks for testing!

• This is the correct device tree using .008 and dev versions after that.
    gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

Why did you change device tree using .008
    you say "I've tried the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb"

I have no issues. I run a straight HDMI to my TV so i hope we are talking the same thing/

Hmmm, I'll try the Realtek WiFi variant with 008, although I don't use WiFi so I didn't think it would matter. Yes, I used the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb from 008.

I run HDMI to TV, then optical out to a soundbar. The crackling happened with passthrough both enabled and disabled.

• Hello Guys,

I am newbie here with a Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos. I started with the 007 build which is running from an SD card.

I am struggling with an issue when the movie playing is randomly freezing:

a. the picture is freezed but the subtitle goes forward
    b. the whole playing is freezed and only the "long-power-button-push" can recover the Tronsmart.

I have read over this full topic and nobody was reported here a randomly occuring player freezing problem like this.

The network config (wired with CAT5 cables) : Synology NAS with SMB sharing -> TP-Link TL-WDR4300 -> TP-Link TL-SG1005D Gigabit switch-> Tronsmart Vega

Currently I am using the 008 build but the situation is the same. I cannot eliminate the problem so far, so it is not dependent from a format (avi, mkv) and not dependent from the used audio track (DD 5.1, DTS, etc.)

I saw there is a logging opportunity in LE, if somebody writes me how to catch it, it would be great.
    If anybody has a clue, please share with me, thanks !

• Hmmm, I'll try the Realtek WiFi variant with 008, although I don't use WiFi so I didn't think it would matter. Yes, I used the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb from 008.

I run HDMI to TV, then optical out to a soundbar. The crackling happened with passthrough both enabled and disabled.

My opinion is you should not chop and change device trees when one has been tested and works for your box.
    It just introduces another variable into the issues.
    As for the sound using sound bar with optical, I don't have the same setup.
    Pretty important to disclose your audio setup when posting a sound issue. :s

Currently I am using the 008 build but the situation is the same. I cannot eliminate the problem so far, so it is not dependent from a format (avi, mkv) and not dependent from the used audio track (DD 5.1, DTS, etc.)
    If anybody has a clue, please share with me, thanks !

This is a wild guess, but I had issues of the box locking up hard under network load, due to an incorrect device tree. (using 200 MXQ 4k on a 201 MXq 4k board)
    Everything seemed to be working, just random hard hangs, when the network was being used a bit more heavy (both during playback as well as things like backup and restore). Using the right device tree solved that for me.