VNC Add-on

• I have upgraded my OE 6.03 to LE 7.0 and after copying the TVH addon-data to tvheadend42 folder everything works smooth. Nearly, only the installed VNC, that I am using to remote access the HTPC from my desktop, shows lot of flickering and blocks...
    Looking into the repositories I see, that the VNC ist still connected thru the OE unofficial ad-on repo, and I see that there the oscam addon is marked activated as well as in the LE addon repo (the tvheadend addon was deinstalled and the 42 from LE repo was installed).
    1. what is the recommended setup? Deinstall the unofficial OE repo or can those addons be used in LE?
    2. is the VNC Addon usable in LE? Can it be part of LE repo because I need it very much, my HTPC is headless...

Thanks,
    /BJ

• How do you watch movies on a headless htpc?

I have a headless pi (using openelec at the moment) in my car - watch on tablets via upnp or smb, play music via stereo aux input, control via yatse.
    For me it works because I can easily use the same library / sources as at home.
    Not that I'm desperate for a working VNC addon - just that there are usage cases for headless install.

• You have 6 devices with Kodi, why run with the settings in any room with this device when it goes through VNC from a comfortable chair with a desktop PC? OpenELEC VNC addon works, this is the last hurdle for my transition to LibreELEC. For functional VNC in LE I'll be grateful !!
    I apologize for my English.

• Thanks for the support, but

• the problem is that VNC in LE (and OE 7 Beta3 !!) does NOT work, lot of flickering and blocks, unusable. (That's why i reported it under Bugs.) I guess it comes from newer Kernel ?? In OE 6 it was running smooth. And that's why
    • I ask if it can be part of the LE repo ??

Two outstanding answers. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks
    /BJ

• Thanks for that hint! I tried that version, but same result. I am using a iMac as desktop, I tried the build in vnc and realvnc viewer, both same behaviour. The flickering looks like if the different layers of the kodi windows management (background - option-window - details-subwindows) are shown one after each other again and again with a frequence of 1 second around for all. Thats why my idea was that it has something to do with the new Kodi jarvis in LE and OE?? Up to now in OE 6.0.3 this vnc worked fine.

/BJ

• I use LibreELEC (Jarvis 16.1) v7.0.0 - generic / RealVNC - viewer - v.5.3.1( x64 ) version for Linux viewer download
    my system : Linux Mint ( Rosa ) ....I tried also : Remmina | Remote Desktop Client for Linux
    x11vnc works well ..... no errors in the displayed image ? ...maybe the problem is the operating system iMac ?

Edited once, last by kobrawerde (May 4, 2016 at 9:39 AM).

• I tested also realvnc viewer under LinuxMint (Virtual) and tigthvnc under Windows 10, always Same result! Strange! I will try to reinstall everything.......

I have the same problem, with LE (upgraded from OE) 7.02 running on NUC i5 , with a pc (windows) running VNC Viewer Plus. Had no issues with OE.
    Blocks, fuzzy display, distortions. Super hard to use.
    tried various versions of X11VNC, same results.

any clues to the cause?

• I have the same problem, with LE (upgraded from OE) 7.02 running on NUC i5 , with a pc (windows) running VNC Viewer Plus. Had no issues with OE.
    Blocks, fuzzy display, distortions. Super hard to use.
    tried various versions of X11VNC, same results.

any clues to the cause?

I had a similar issue and it got better after disabling the vertical blank sync in the system settings.

• If you need Xorg compatible VNC you can update to current Krypton LE-alpha builds and install the TigerVNC add-on. This add-on will not be backported to Jarvis.

Have to ask this dumb question....sorry I'm a noob.

So is this possible on pi? I'm assuming can't be done on Odroid?

Edited once, last by asipsis (October 26, 2016 at 12:26 AM).

• Hi, I'm bumping this thread because this bug (flickering and blocks) is still present. Imho this is something with Xserver and video drivers + VNC, but it doesn't matter if LibreELEC official RealVNC addon (8.1.101) or Stefan Saraev's x11vnc addon (4.3.2) is used.

I'm now on LE 7.95.3 and I can't remember when this problem occured.

Edited once, last by dmnc (February 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM).