Posts by Rossi14

I would prefer a VNC server instead. :]

I have my rpi box in some other room, sometimes (or often) I have to check something using the regular GUI, for instance a forgotten name of some setting, or just to test/set the UI for a better user experience (not for me, just for other people that live with me). Also VNC is really useful when I add new movies to my collection and I want to see how they get rendered (when LE gets info from the moviedb database). Sometimes the movie description has errors or wrong cover -- I can fix that with ease. I also can edit the movie on the moviedb page because I have the VNC window on my desktop near the web browser. So it's a way easier to do some things using VNC instead of moving my ass from one room to the other and forgetting everything before I get to my PC. :D

I completely agree with everything, I am one of those who use VNC today and daily, now unfortunately only on systems other than LibreELEC where it is not possible yet. I hope that it will change to LE / Matrix as well and that I will be able to use VNC here as it was to LE / Leia. Thank you for any steps leading to a functioning VNC!

You have 6 devices with Kodi, why run with the settings in any room with this device when it goes through VNC from a comfortable chair with a desktop PC? OpenELEC VNC addon works, this is the last hurdle for my transition to LibreELEC. For functional VNC in LE I'll be grateful !!
    I apologize for my English.