mini hdmi to hdmi

• Hello,

What is the best solution for connecting the ft with a mini hdmi -> hdmi, a hdmi to mini hdmi cable or an adapter with an HDMI cable?

There is a difference for adapters, or does it have no impact on 4K, framerate etc?

• I have a mini-hdmi adapter for my pi4. bought it cheap but it supports 4@60fps without issues.

I have not tried HDR as there is no support for it atm but i think that will also work.

Sorry i missread, I have a micro adapter. Should be same though as long as all pins are used.

• Thank you for your answers,

So if I understand correctly, whatever the micro-hdmi adapter to hdmi, I would have no loss it has no impact on the flow etc

As for the cable, I just take a hdmi high speed cable in the title and they are all compatible HDR / 4K 60FPS? Or not specially?

• Official Post

So if I understand correctly, whatever the micro-hdmi adapter to hdmi, I would have no loss it has no impact on the flow etc

As for the cable, I just take a hdmi high speed cable in the title and they are all compatible HDR / 4K 60FPS? Or not specially?

It's all about electromagnetic shielding. The higher your screen resolution is, the higher the data transfer rate. There are no additional electronic parts needed.

• Yup, new cable over an adapter any day, just remember the RPi4 is micro not mini

I bought a new 4k cable for mine and was surprised to see the package labelled "with Ethernet" - didn't know that was a thing with HDMI. It works fine so far although I haven't tried it on a 4k TV yet, I only have 1080p for now.