mini hdmi to hdmi

• Hello,

What is the best solution for connecting the ft with a mini hdmi -> hdmi, a hdmi to mini hdmi cable or an adapter with an HDMI cable?

There is a difference for adapters, or does it have no impact on 4K, framerate etc?

• I have a mini-hdmi adapter for my pi4. bought it cheap but it supports [email protected] without issues.

I have not tried HDR as there is no support for it atm but i think that will also work.

Sorry i missread, I have a micro adapter. Should be same though as long as all pins are used.

• A small adapter (maybe metal case for shielding) and a regular (high speed) HDMI cable is the best (most flexible) solution. The adapter leads all signals from source to target by simple wiring.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

• Thank you for your answers,

So if I understand correctly, whatever the micro-hdmi adapter to hdmi, I would have no loss it has no impact on the flow etc

As for the cable, I just take a hdmi high speed cable in the title and they are all compatible HDR / 4K 60FPS? Or not specially?

• So if I understand correctly, whatever the micro-hdmi adapter to hdmi, I would have no loss it has no impact on the flow etc

As for the cable, I just take a hdmi high speed cable in the title and they are all compatible HDR / 4K 60FPS? Or not specially?

It's all about electromagnetic shielding. The higher your screen resolution is, the higher the data transfer rate. There are no additional electronic parts needed.

• For example on a cable here : Câble HDMI 1M - KUBII

Wrong product. If you want 4K, then go for a store that clearly says "4K". It's easy to find.

Official HDMI standard names are "HDMI High Speed" and "HDMI High Speed Premium". They both support 4K.

Edited once, last by Da Flex ().

• Yup, new cable over an adapter any day, just remember the RPi4 is micro not mini

I bought a new 4k cable for mine and was surprised to see the package labelled "with Ethernet" - didn't know that was a thing with HDMI. It works fine so far although I haven't tried it on a 4k TV yet, I only have 1080p for now.