LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 ALPHA1 with Raspberry Pi 4B Support

• How to build an image for the rpi4 from the Github source? I've tried the build instructions and used device=rpi4 but that doesn't seem to work.

"Doesn't seem to work" isn't too specific. I use this to build RPi4 images:

Code
    ARCH=arm PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 make image

so long,

Hias

• "Doesn't seem to work" isn't too specific. I use this to build RPi4 images:

Code
    ARCH=arm PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 make image

so long,

Hias

I know. I couldn't be more specific because the attempt was several days ago and I just thought that perhaps I should use a different command. I'm on Kubuntu 19.04 by the way.

Just minutes ago I started yet another attempt just so I could get the specific error during building. However I chose to download the source code first using ARCH=arm PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 tools/download-tool and among the ongoing downloads I noticed a few errors such as this one:

I don't know whether this is a local problem or a Github issue but it seems that not all source code is available. Perhaps that explains my failed attempt several days ago.

Once all source code is fetched I will attempt another run.

-------

Addendum:

All sources seemed to have downloaded fine despite some errors. E.g. the previously mentioned flac-1.3.2.tar.xz package did end up in the sources directory after all. Unfortunately the same error occurred as last time:

Both of the mentioned log files don't seem to give any extra info and simply repeat the error I quoted here. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue.

Edited once, last by @fterlife (July 19, 2019 at 5:20 PM).

• Both of the mentioned log files don't seem to give any extra info and simply repeat the error I quoted here. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue.

Please post the contents of the logfiles, sometimes they contain references to other logs (eg failed dependencies) so it's worth to check them, too.

If in doubt capture the full build log and upload it somewhere (it could be huge, though). eg

Code
    ARCH=arm PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 make image 2>&1 | tee build.log

so long,

Hias

• Figured it out! I ran make image again with full build log capture. From that I was able to determine that 'makeinfo' was missing on my system. After a quick search on the internet I found out I needed to install the 'texinfo' package. After that the build process succeeded and it's working hard again to finish all the rest. Thanks for the quick and necessary replies. :)

• !!! Solved .... Hab Image replayed now it works.

Moin,

got my IP4 and am also on the test. But I have a problem with playing MP3 / WAV / Flac, etc. here is no sound on the HDMI. What do I have to do there?

Thank you

Tom

Edited once, last by TOM: Solved .... Hab Image replayed now it works. (July 20, 2019 at 10:57 AM).

• Short update on my own nightly build that I made yesterday with all the latest code. It's quite stable and both H.264 and H.265 video play smoothly. There is a problem though with the HDMI output. My TV has a 720p display but when the HDMI output is 1080p instead of downscaling the image the TV crops the output and only displays the upper left part of the output. I'm not sure if feedback on a nightly build is appreciated but I wanted to share it anyway. ;)

I don't expect output issues on a 1080p tv so for people who want to try this out I've made a torrent magnet of it. All this is is a build from the current source code in Github, for the RPi4 obviously.

Magnet link:

Code
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5788de8b21f45ffe32937138c19aef4940f2faa0&dn=LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-devel-20190719234137-235fdbc.img.gz&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.raspberrypi.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker3.itzmx.com%3a6961%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Checksums:

MD5 - d9fb3e6acc97780e2b5b0f5049f9888f

SHA-256 - a021d8585df8e76a3bf21b9e78539946143e7e7169c8c3e31fec5e522a148397

Edited once, last by @fterlife: added checksums (July 22, 2019 at 10:51 AM).

• Moin

My Raspi has apparently a small heat problem ... I use the original Raspi case and already have a passive heat sink on the CPU. Can someone recommend a housing and cooler. Is this a general heat problem?

Perhaps a fan will do the trick..you just need small circuit...PWM is best way to go but you can do it just ON or OFF depending the temps....PWM will even change fan speed..

see here

• Perhaps a fan will do the trick..you just need small circuit...PWM is best way to go but you can do it just ON or OFF depending the temps....PWM will even change fan speed..

see here

OK, is not there a passive solution with a big cooler? Is probably a new firmware for the Raspi 4 to regulate the heat something. My but the firmware in the image is already in it.

• OK, is not there a passive solution with a big cooler? Is probably a new firmware for the Raspi 4 to regulate the heat something. My but the firmware in the image is already in it.

Firmware may help regarding heat but not a lot..you might still need another solution...heatsinks...fan or considering removing top of case for airflow..my rpi3b+ still gets hot sometimes over 70 and it's only a tvheadend server+emby server+vnc installed on it..not attached to any monitor.this fan solution is set once and forget till the fan's end of life..

• Hello,

i have my new RPi4 / 4GB installed with the LibreELEC image for RPi4. Use an FullHD monitor over HDMI on 1920x1080p@60.

I have a issu with all Playing Modes (PVR or Movie). The Video/Audio is async. When i open the GUi then the Video in background run perfect, closing the GUi the Video goes back to unsync. Can somebody help me to fix this?

• Moin

My Raspi has apparently a small heat problem ... I use the original Raspi case and already have a passive heat sink on the CPU. Can someone recommend a housing and cooler. Is this a general heat problem?

hi,

iam using this case. temp during 720p/1080p is ~56 degree . 4k ~ 64 degree. i dont use hdmi_enable_4k = 1 since i dont need 4k@50/60.

i also applied the firmware follwing this steps.

• Hello,

i have my new RPi4 / 4GB installed with the LibreELEC image for RPi4. Use an FullHD monitor over HDMI on 1920x1080p@60.

I have a issu with all Playing Modes (PVR or Movie). The Video/Audio is async. When i open the GUi then the Video in background run perfect, closing the GUi the Video goes back to unsync. Can somebody help me to fix this?

For the stuttering reports there is a fix. Either wait for the next LE update or grab firmware from here:

start4.elf?raw=true

fixup4.dat?raw=true

rename and replace http://start.elf/fixup.dat on the FAT partition of sdcard.

Hi,

did you tried replacing the files to fix your async issue? if not give it a try

• Short update on my own nightly build that I made yesterday with all the latest code. It's quite stable and both H.264 and H.265 video play smoothly. There is a problem though with the HDMI output. My TV has a 720p display but when the HDMI output is 1080p instead of downscaling the image the TV crops the output and only displays the upper left part of the output. I'm not sure if feedback on a nightly build is appreciated but I wanted to share it anyway. ;)

I don't expect output issues on a 1080p tv so for people who want to try this out I've made a torrent magnet of it. All this is is a build from the current source code in Github, for the RPi4 obviously.

Checksums:

MD5 - d9fb3e6acc97780e2b5b0f5049f9888f

SHA-256 - a021d8585df8e76a3bf21b9e78539946143e7e7169c8c3e31fec5e522a148397

Link seems down?

• Moin

It is a known problem. Every generation of Pi has been a little bit hotter than the previous. Pi4 runs very hot - not just the CPU but several other components on the board are generating more heat than previous generation. The result is that many people consider active cooling necessary.

Flirc case will help to cool the CPU a little bit but it is a bad design because it's a mostly-sealed metal box and only sinks heat from the CPU. With many other components generating more heat, the air inside will heat up something terrible and it will slowly cook your RPi. The material also makes it much harder to cut holes for venting or add a fan.