Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• i have just updated my pine a64plus to the today image and CEC stopped working with samsung tv.

It was working with older image.

Any idea how could i fix?

Edit

I have done full reinstall from scratch.

Cec does not work.

Is it possible to download an older image?

Thank you

Edited once, last by norberto_ (March 5, 2021 at 10:17 AM).

• I had a similar problem almost a year ago, see RE: Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

AFAIK old images are deleted, but you can still rebuild from source

• I'm reading latest article on the blog about upcoming LE10 and I'm little confused. What "Stable Rolling Beta" actually means? Will there be a final, official image like for Raspberry Pi?

Edited once, last by jdww (March 5, 2021 at 9:13 PM).

• Hi jernej !

I tried the last nightly image for Orange PC Plus and I can confirm that I am able to run install2emmc successfully. And the optimization you did for the memory management give good results.

Did you do that optimizations for Orange pi lite2 also ? My Lite2 seems to work better than before.... I don't konow if it's my imagination or not...

Thank you !

• AZukr How much memory your OPi3 has? 1 GiB?

It seems that H6 must have at least 2 GiB to work properly. I have 2 H6 boards with 3 GiB and I didn't observe any crashes. I got report that OPi3 with 2 GiB of RAM works ok too, but my OPi3 with 1 GiB of RAM occasionally crashes too. However, I can't make it crash reliably. it's always different combination of videos. Anyway, this is not Kodi issue but something either in driver, ffmpeg or both. I'll take a look into that.

mike2002 No idea. What is frozen exactly? Only Kodi? Is it possible to connect to ssh? If so, try to restart Kodi with systemctl restart kodi and see if that helps.

hopefully i will remember to test my opi lite 2 this weekend so we can see for sure

• I had a similar problem almost a year ago, see RE: Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

AFAIK old images are deleted, but you can still rebuild from source

Thank you. I can't build atm.

I don't even know how to 😀 and don't even have any setup atm for that. Where are the 10 sources?

So looks like waiting for a release which has working CEC.

Edit:

Tried the new nightly 05. Same no CEC.

Edited once, last by norberto_ (March 6, 2021 at 8:17 AM).

• Official Post

norberto_  syao There was a switch to HW CEC engine few months ago from SW emulation. Last time I tested on OrangePi Win it worked. I'll try on Pine64 Plus soon. Going back to SW variant is not an option, it was done more or less by chance.

jdww At least some images will be released as stable - I'm not sure if all boards or not. Depends on discovered issues during testing period.

mike2002 I didn't do any H6 optimizations recently. LE settings addon was recently fixed so shutdown time is very improved. But that is not H6 specific...

• jernej

My previous working build was more than few months old. Unfortunately i can't find any old builds on my drive.

Waiting for your test. In the meantime if you need something from my side let me know.

Thank you

• Finally got around to testing with my opi Lite2 again. Image from a couple weeks ago.

Works fine w/ HT receiver. I think. The first time it didn't display past the splash screen but i power cycled and it came up.

5.1 audio over hdmi and h.264 720p is what i am watching now. wifi setup went fine, using my 5ghz N network. Should figure out how to use one of my generic android tv box remotes with it.

Edit: rather, 1920x802 h264. Also embedded subtitles, fwiw. No issues.

• Thank you. I can't build atm.

I don't even know how to 😀 and don't even have any setup atm for that. Where are the 10 sources?

So looks like waiting for a release which has working CEC.

Edit:

Tried the new nightly 05. Same no CEC.

I could try to build one for you, I still have the docker setup I used before, but then you'd have to trust me to not put any malicious software in it. Let me know if you are eager to take the risk ^^

• I could try to build one for you, I still have the docker setup I used before, but then you'd have to trust me to not put any malicious software in it. Let me know if you are eager to take the risk ^^

😀

I Can take the risk, but not pushing you.

I would like to figure out why the new version does not work. Probably the fact the CEC has been changed to HW fro SW as jernej said.

Ill wait for him as he will test on same board soon.

If you can point me to some guide how to compile i might do setup and try( just curiosity as ive never done that before).

• 😀

I Can take the risk, but not pushing you.

I would like to figure out why the new version does not work. Probably the fact the CEC has been changed to HW fro SW as jernej said.

Ill wait for him as he will test on same board soon.

If you can point me to some guide how to compile i might do setup and try( just curiosity as ive never done that before).

Feel free to try it: LibreELEC-A64.arm-9.80-devel-20210309182253-b8ebd16-pine64-plus.img.gz (not tested as I only have an H3 board)

As per image building, the hardest part for me has been learn how to interact with container, the rest is pretty straightforward: pull official docker image of ubuntu 18.04, install required packages, clone repo and build.

EDIT: if you want to find when it stopped working, after you learn how to build an image you can have a lot of fun with bisect :D

Edited once, last by syao (March 9, 2021 at 9:08 PM).

• norberto_ I just tested CEC on Pine64 Plus and apart from one hickup, it works fine with my TV (LG B8).

jernej

Thanks

What the hell is wrong with mine then.

It was working on 9.8 before updating to 10.

Ill pull the logs when i get home. I doubt i will be smarter from that but if you have time you might can take a look.

syao

Thank you.

I'll try the image.