Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• jdpc Please test this: libreelec-h3.arm-9.80-devel-20190920211508-9d2b397.tar

It has a hack to make I2S settings exactly the same as on old OpenELEC. If that still not it, we'll move focus on HDMI.

Nope, it doesn't work. This is the output of the two commands in case you want it:

• LibreELEC-H3.arm-8.0-devel-20170516114055-r25546-g745f679-opipcplus.img - see internal WIFI

That image is not made by me. But lumpi is correct, Realtek SDIO wifi modules are not supported. Decision was made not to add additional out-of-tree Realtek drivers, because nobody really likes fixing them every kernel update and AFAIK they are not compatible with iwd, which will be used in future instead of wpa_supplicant.

• Hello. I run Orange Pi PC Plus on the assembly "LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20190920-77a2119-orangepi-pc-plus.img". The problem that I describe was identified at earlier assemblies, but I was not up to it.

My OPi cannot connect to the Samba server, while the other two devices from Intel with LibreELEC do it without problems. To connect and use the same settings for them, but the result is not the same.

Here I wanted to take a screenshot, but it turned out that my OPi always creates a picture without an image: a 6kb .png file and a black screen inside is blank. I ask you to consider this as another mistake.

I bring the screen settings from another PC, because they are the same, as I said.

Display Spoiler

Mounting occurs with the help of Unit:

Of course, the folder "/storage/Z" exists, the rights "rwx rwx rwx" are set, and the user is set on the server.

If you set the command from the terminal:

However, the test mount gives an error:

Code
    OPi:~ #  mount -t cifs -o username=OPi,password=libreelec,vers=1.0 //192.168.1.1/HomeHDD /storage/Z
    mount: mounting //192.168.1.1/HomeHDD on /storage/Z failed: No such device

If you execute this command on an Intel device, then I get success.

I ask for help. Ready at your request to provide more information.

• Here I wanted to take a screenshot, but it turned out that my OPi always creates a picture without an image: a 6kb .png file and a black screen inside is blank. I ask you to consider this as another mistake.

This is known. There is Kodi PR which will fix this, but as far as I know, it has not been merged yet.

Regarding Samba - can you try using newer version of protocol? I think version 1.0 is not supported due to security risk. But I have never used it, so it may be something else.

BTW, are you using nightly version also on Intel box? If not, please try it. All images should have same Samba settings - if you're using same version of images, in this case nightlies.

• I tried different Samba protocols, the result does not change.

You can give a link to the nightly builds of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64, I could not find them. I will try for the sake of verification.

• Thanks for the link. I downloaded and checked LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20190920-77a2119.tar. Samba was mounted as usual, without any problems.

(There is a problem with the sound, but it is not in your line.)

• Thx. All work fine now

Hello again,

I managed to build new images for H3 boards with onboard Realtek WIFI driver (RTL8189FTV). It's not so hard to fix problems with new 5.2 kernel. Thanks for jernej for you help :) If someone need WIFI like me here are images for H3 boards.

Images tested only for Orange Pi plus 2E. Other should work also but not tested.

Built from LibreELEC Master Jul 19, 2019 - https://github.com/czosnekdev/libreelec.tv/tree/updateformmaster

I couldn't confirm it to 100% but it seems your wifi is realtek and this is not easily supported, so that jernej is not supporting it in the normal images, someone did some special image with realtek wifi, check further back in this thread if you are interested.

Thx for help.

All work fine with this img.

Dropbox-LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-devel-20190806120505-72fb7f7-orangepi-pc-plus.img.gz

internal WIFI work on OrangePi-Pc+

Edited 6 times, last by livada (September 23, 2019 at 5:19 PM).

• In assemblies Generic.x86_64, you can change the keyboard layout for typing to change the combination of Alt+Shift. This is really not enough, only the on-screen keyboard works.

Can this be improved?

Display Spoiler
  • Hello there, jernej !

Just tried your builds on a cheap china Allwinner-based TV box, MX9. Tried the Beelink X2 and the Orange Pi PC builds, both of them booted just fine from the SD card.

Wanted to ask if you have any intentions to support the TV out (CVBS) for this Allwinner chips.

Thanks for the great work!

• Hi Jernej, I have the same problem as the user mastero:

My problem reates to HEVC 265 processing. I bought DVB-T2 USB stick Astrometa (Sony chip CXD2837ER). I use the latest addon Tvheadend 4.2./Tvheadend client. Scan of programs/mapping finishes OK. Problem is in case of some HD DVBT2 programs with HEVC codec.

One second after the channel switch the screen freezes and then if I switch to any other HEVC channels there is only green screen. The only solution is reboot. MPEG2 channels are OK. Where can be the problem? Is it possible to improve the stability somehow? Thank you.

My computer (Acer E15 Start, Manjaro 18.1.0) plays all channels, my Orange Pi PC (with usb stick Astrometa and same Sony chip) plays test videos hevc 8-bit from jell.yfish.us, but broadcast dvb-t2 not (Czech Republic, HEVC 8-bit, level 4.2). Orange Pi PC freezes as described by the user mastero. Where is the problem? Thanks

• In assemblies Generic.x86_64, you can change the keyboard layout for typing to change the combination of Alt+Shift. This is really not enough, only the on-screen keyboard works.

Can this be improved?

This is not appropriate subforum for such questions.

Wanted to ask if you have any intentions to support the TV out (CVBS) for this Allwinner chips.

Not currently, no. Some patches exist for older kernels which would have to be ported. Maybe it wouldn't be that hard and it would be interesting to see how it behaves when monitors are connected to CVBS and HDMI port at the same time.

My computer (Acer E15 Start, Manjaro 18.1.0) plays all channels, my Orange Pi PC (with usb stick Astrometa and same Sony chip) plays test videos hevc 8-bit from jell.yfish.us, but broadcast dvb-t2 not (Czech Republic, HEVC 8-bit, level 4.2). Orange Pi PC freezes as described by the user mastero. Where is the problem?

Maybe with HW decoding? Disable HW decoding in settings and try again. If that helps, try to capture video directly from DVB dongle so I could analyze it.