Posts by jdpc

Hi, I'm still having problems with HDMI audio. I'll try to summarize the problem and attach some logs in case they're useful.

I have a Orange Pi PC and a Samsung TV from 2009. When running at 1080p 60 Hz, the audio only works for a fraction of a second and then stops working for some seconds repeatedly. When changing the refresh rate to 23.98 Hz it seems that the problem is gone in the UI sounds, but there are still some audio cuts for 2 or 3 seconds when playing videos, but less frequently than at 60 Hz. The problem still persists at 720p 60 Hz and 50 Hz. When using a much lower resolution the problem is gone.

I tried 2 different HDMI cables and other HDMI inputs in the TV to no avail. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the TV, because it works fine with the old OpenELEC builds with legacy kernel. Also, it works fine with two other monitors at 1080p 60 Hz.

Here are the logs:

dmesg

edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid

dmesg.txt

edid-decode.txt

I'm having the same problem with an Orange Pi PC and Samsung UE37C5100 TV from 2011. Sound works for less than a second, then silence for some seconds, then sound again, and so on. I also discovered that sound works fine when using 1080p but a refresh rate lower than 50 Hz, like 24 or 30. Sound worked fine in the old OpenElec versions based on legacy kernel.

jernej if you want some logs just ask and I will provide them. In any case thank you so much for everything you have done, everything else is working fine