Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Use limited output.

I've tried this solution before. But I'll try to show what happens by example. As you understand the use of limited RGB does not return details to the image. After all the settings, the picture just gets worse. As if you do not compensate for the previous effect and impose the next on the image where the details in the dark areas no longer exist

• The difference is very noticeable, details in the darker scenes are removed (with or without limited output). The original picture is very good. Good job in getting that comparison!

The good news is that the H6 is capable of the original picture (from running under Android). Did you use kodi under android or the stock media player?

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (June 19, 2019 at 1:48 PM).

• The difference is very noticeable, details in the darker scenes are removed (with or without output). The original picture is very good. Good job in getting that comparison!

The good news is that the H6 is capable of the original picture (from running under Android). Did you use kodi under android or the stock media player?

if use kodi under Android picture is fine as original. This issue only under linux. I think problem with default gamma correction.

• Official Post

ukmark62 Can you test this update? libreelec-h6.arm-9.1-devel-20190619170922-d72b297-tanix_tx6.tar

It contains a possible fix for a long standing issue, where YUV color space is not correctly converted to RGB, but I'm not sure if that will make colors brighter.

Anyway, Android kernel probably uses automatic image post processing, which may or may not make video look better. I don't have a plan to implement that in kernel driver.

Please note that DRMPRIME Kodi renderer is still young, so it's still missing some functionality, like brightness adjustment.

• Update script v.2 (change pc_plus.img to your own value)

• ukmark62 Can you test this update? libreelec-h6.arm-9.1-devel-20190619170922-d72b297-tanix_tx6.tar

It contains a possible fix for a long standing issue, where YUV color space is not correctly converted to RGB, but I'm not sure if that will make colors brighter.

Anyway, Android kernel probably uses automatic image post processing, which may or may not make video look better. I don't have a plan to implement that in kernel driver.

Please note that DRMPRIME Kodi renderer is still young, so it's still missing some functionality, like brightness adjustment.

Sorry, having HDMI cable issues with the TX6 - can't get any to work even though they all work under Android with the TX6. I've ordered some new monoprice hdmi cables...

• Tanix TX6 (H6 Soc w/ 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM) - very quick testing and initial observations.

After initial testing of playback, I have to say I'm very impressed with video quality. I would say the video is better than both Rockchip and Amlogic, not by much, but I think the Allwinner is doing well. This is always very subjective, but that's my view.

Resuming playback most often results in a hanging screen and I have to press "back" on remote to stop the hanging.

But overall as a quick first test, I'm very impressed - frame rate switching works well, skipping forwards and backwards whilst playing video works well and have yet to notice any stuttering during playback of different frame rates. About 30% of my stuff is 25p, 65% is 23.976p and 5% is 24p. All of my videos are 720p and vast majority are HEVC in mkv container, with some MP4, x264 files.

The GUI is responsive. I found that rebooting does not seem to work (just hangs) and CEC is not working, the TV does not turn on when the TX6 is turned on. As we know, on-board wifi is not working, but USB wifi adapter is (RTL8188EU chip).

The most important thing for myself, is video playback quality - and that seems really good.

• Hi !

Is somebody can confirm that the Pine H64 output sound only on the left speaker ?I did a test to ensure that the problem do not come from my setup, I pluged my rock64 exactly with the same cable and the sound is perfect. As soon as I plug the Pine h64 the sound come from the left speaker only.

Thank you !