Posts by DJ Mogarych

I tried to install fresh LE 11.0.4. After the first start and wizard completion I set an option "put display to sleep when idle" to 5 minutes. After the display turned off I lost network connection with the device.

Next, i tried nightly build LE 12 but I didn't even manage to connect to wifi because it refused my password.

That was enough for me and I went back to LE 10 where everything works fine.

I don't know why LE 11 doesn't work correctly with Orange Pi PC 2. At the same time, it works on Orange Pi PC Plus (however, with a different 2.4 GHz wifi adapter) without any visible problem.

Hello!

I've had a strange problem since I moved to LibreELEC 11: Youtube add-on works only if debug log is enabled.

I used LE 10 on OrangePi PC2 for a long time and I decided to move to the next version. I know that upgrade in this case is unsupported so I backed up my settings, installed fresh LE 11.0.4 using LE USB SD Creator which downloaded LibreELEC-H5.arm-11.0.4-tritium-h5.img.gz image, and after succesful installation I restored my settings from .tar archive.

After the first boot, all addons updated, everything was working normally except Youtube addon (v7.0.2.2) which hangs in 2 seconds (with all system, only power reset helps) after start playing any video.

To capture debug logs I enabled this option in System settings, but after that Youtube addon started working as usual!

I disabled Debug log option and Youtube addon started hanging again.

What I can do in this situation? What information I can get to clarify what's the matter?

When I try to update the system on Orange Pi PC Plus:

to the newest build, for example, 1st or 2nd May ones, the system unpack them and then writes

The compressed Image is corrupt/invalid!

Also I noticed that images for Orange Pi PC Plus are smaller than others, is it right?

Update script v.2 (change pc_plus.img to your own value)

Hello dear Jernej and everyone,

I'd like to give some examples of video which have problems with decoding.

1. A video which had been converted from MJPEG (webcam) with the following parameters:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -crf 20 -preset slow -vf hqdn3d -vf normalize -b:a 256k output.mp4

At the time of converting, there were tons of these messages:

[mjpeg @ 0000027996d7f0c0] unable to decode APP fields: Invalid data found when processing input

However, the result works normally on PC. On the Orange Pi PC Plus + nightly LibreELEC 15.05.2019 it is played slow and jerky.

2. The second one was converted from MPEG4 to HEVC1 with default parameters. After trying to play it, the sound starts to play and the system immediately reboots.

The files can be downloaded from fere: Облако Mail.Ru

Test script for update nightly builds of LibreELEC via SSH, replace pc_plus.tar with your own value.

If it doesn't reboot, the checksum is wrong.

Code
    cd /storage/.update
    URL="https://test.libreelec.tv"
    FILES=$(curl $URL |grep 'pc_plus.tar' |cut -d '"' -f12)
    for FILE in $FILES
    do
    curl $URL'/'$FILE -o $FILE
    done
    sha256sum -cs *.sha256 && reboot

Good day for everyone!

I've tried to adapt OpenELEC install_emmc.sh for copying LibreELEC on Orange Pi PC Plus's eMMC but no luck.

There are no sunxi-system-type in $SYSTEM_ROOT/usr/lib/libreelec and no any .bin in /usr/share/bootloader.

I commented the first string and took u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin from LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-nightly-20190427-f6463d0-orangepi_pc_plus.tar.

Script worked correctly, but skipped /flash/extlinux (probably because it's write-protected?)

During an attempt to boot from eMMC, it writes

Loading Environment from FAT... *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

and further tries to boot from PXE.

Could you please suggest a solution briefly?