Note that this topic supersedes previous.
Images and updates:
Nightly images and update files are available here. Please note that update files are board specific now.
WARNING: Updating from older community images isn't possible. Please use backup and restore functionality.
H3 based boards:
- BananaPi M2+
- Beelink X2
- Libretech ALL-H3-CC (Tritium) (H3 SoC)
- NanoPi M1
- OrangePi 2
- OrangePi PC
- OrangePi PC Plus
- OrangePi Plus/Plus 2 (same image for both boards)
- OrangePi Plus 2E
A64 based boards:
- OrangePi Win
- Pine64 LTS
- Pine64 Plus
H6 based boards:
- Beelink GS1
- OrangePi 3
- OrangePi One Plus
- Pine H64
- Tanix TX6
Additional boards can be supported if requested, but only if they are supported by mainline kernel.
Boards/STBs with less than 1 GiB of RAM are not supported!
- mainline kernel & U-Boot
- completely open source except GPU (Mali) driver (until Lima and Panfrost mesa drivers are good enough for Kodi)
- latest Kodi
- zero copy decoding & rendering
- shared decoding & rendering code with other SoCs (with small adjustement for now)
- compared to OpenELEC images with BSP kernel, HDMI should work with any monitor automatically
- HDMI CEC
- multi channel HDMI audio
- IR receiver
- Analog audio (except H6)
- only H3, H6 and A64 SoCs are supported for now
- only MPEG2, H264 and H265 (HEVC) codecs are supported in hardware, for now. Others are software decoded.
- 10 bit videos are not supported by A64 and H3 (hardware limitation) and H6 doesn't decode them properly yet
- MPEG2 should work well
- H265 works in general, with some videos not properly decoded
- H264 works in general, with some videos not properly decoded
- deinterlacing is not yet implemented (driver is WIP)
- Realtek SDIO wifi modules are not supported (RTL8189ETV and RTL8189FTV)
- sleep is not implemented
- no eMMC install script However, burning image to eMMC with dd works
- no support for TV out
- no temperature sensor for SoC, so it may get a bit hot (driver is WIP)
- HDMI audio passthrough doesn't work yet (driver improvement is WIP)
Given that nightly images are updated often, I'll make a post when it's worth to update with short changelog.