Note that this topic supersedes previous.
Images and updates:
Nightly images and update files are available here. Please note that update files are board specific now.
WARNING: Updating from older community images isn't possible. Please use backup and restore functionality.
H3 based boards:
- BananaPi M2+
- Beelink X2
- Libretech ALL-H3-CC (Tritium) (H3 SoC)
- OrangePi 2
- OrangePi PC
- OrangePi PC Plus
- OrangePi Plus/Plus 2 (same image for both boards)
- OrangePi Plus 2E
A64 based boards:
- OrangePi Win
- Pine64 LTS
- Pine64 Plus
H6 based boards:
- Pine H64
Additional boards can be supported if requested, but only if they are supported by mainline kernel. Please note that some of them are not ready yet (mostly H6 based, like OrangePi 3).
Boards/STBs with less than 1 GiB of RAM are not supported!
- mainline kernel & U-Boot
- completely open source except GPU (Mali) driver (until Lima and Panfrost mesa drivers are good enough for Kodi)
- latest Kodi
- zero copy decoding & rendering
- shared decoding & rendering code with other SoCs (with small adjustement for now)
- compared to OpenELEC images with BSP kernel, HDMI should work with any monitor automatically
- HDMI CEC
- multi channel HDMI audio
- IR receiver
- Analog audio (except H6)
- only H3, H6 and A64 SoCs are supported for now
- only MPEG2, H264 and H265 (HEVC) codecs are supported in hardware, for now. Others are software decoded.
- 10 bit videos are not supported by A64 and H3 (hardware limitation) and H6 doesn't decode them properly yet
- MPEG2 should work well
- H265 works in general, with some videos not properly decoded
- H264 works in general, with some videos not properly decoded
- deinterlacing is not yet implemented (driver is WIP)
- Realtek SDIO wifi modules are not supported (RTL8189ETV and RTL8189FTV)
- sleep is not implemented
- no eMMC install script However, burning image to eMMC with dd works
- no support for TV out
- no temperature sensor for SoC, so it may get a bit hot (driver is WIP)
- HDMI audio passthrough doesn't work yet (driver improvement is WIP)
Given that nightly images are updated often, I'll make a post when it's worth to update with short changelog.
Plus2e not found
So, we must install fresh images?
Can i install this images using update menu?