Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Official Post

WARNING: Since of the release of LibreELEC 10 stable, nightly images are NOT recommended for every day use, especially if you need addons!

Images and updates:

Nightly images and update files are available here. Please note that update files are board specific now.

H3 based boards:

- BananaPi M2+

- Beelink X2

- Libretech ALL-H3-CC (Tritium) (H3 SoC)

- NanoPi M1

- OrangePi 2

- OrangePi PC

- OrangePi PC Plus

- OrangePi Plus/Plus 2 (same image for both boards)

- OrangePi Plus 2E

A64 based boards:

- OrangePi Win

- Pine64

- Pine64 LTS

- Pine64 Plus

H6 based boards:

- Beelink GS1

- OrangePi 3

- OrangePi Lite 2

- OrangePi One Plus

- Pine H64

- Tanix TX6

H5 based boards:

- OrangePi PC 2

- ALL-H3-CC H5 (Tritium)

R40 based boards:

- BananaPi M2 Ultra

Additional boards can be supported if requested, but only if they are supported by mainline kernel.

Boards/STBs with less than 1 GiB of RAM are not supported!

FEATURES:

- mainline kernel & U-Boot

- completely open source including GPU drivers

- latest Kodi

- zero copy decoding & rendering

- shared decoding & rendering code with other SoCs

- compared to OpenELEC images with BSP kernel, HDMI should work with any monitor automatically

- HDMI CEC

- multi channel HDMI audio

- IR receiver

- Analog audio (except H6)

- Temperature sensor

- HW deinterlacing, see testing thread for limitations

- eMMC installation script (install2emmc)

- Device Tree overlays

- suspend/resume and power on via remote or power button

- CVBS (TV out) on H3/H5 (enabled via DT overlay)

LIMITATIONS:

- only MPEG2, H264 (AVC), H265 (HEVC), VP8 and VP9 codecs are supported in hardware, for now. Others are software decoded.

- R40 doesn't support H265 (HEVC) - hardware limitation

- 10-bit H265 and VP9 videos are supported only on H6 (H3, H5 and A64 don't support 10-bit HEVC nor VP9 - hardware limitation)

- 10-bit H264 is not supported (hardware limitation)

• MPEG2 works well
    • H264 works well
    • H265 works well
    • VP8 works well
    • VP9 works well

- HDMI audio passthrough is in testing phase (see testing thread)

- wifi modules without mainline driver are not and won't be supported (mostly Realtek - RTL8189ETV, RTL8189FTV, etc.)

- no support for TV out on H6

- HDMI CEC on H5 works correctly only if the board has 32 kHz external oscillator.

- suspend/resume doesn't work on boards with R40 (HW limitation)

Given that nightly images are updated often, I'll make a post when it's worth to update with short changelog.

NOTE: A20 support was retired

• Go to Best Answer
  • Just an update on my HDMI sound problem with the Pine64+ board and my Samsung LE32B550 TV.

HDMI sound now is possible if I switch the display resolution in Kodi to 1920x1080i. However LibreELEC starts with resolution set to 1920x1080p by default which should be ok according to the provided EDID.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could this be a problem with the clock driver or does my TV provide a malformed EDID?

• Plus2e not found

So, we must install fresh images?

Can i install this images using update menu?

• Official Post

Plus2e not found

So, we must install fresh images? What difference this image and older images?

ah, sorry, that's an oversight. I'll ask to add it.

Differences? Newer Kodi, newer Linux, plenty of other updated packages, wifi fixed for Broadcom modules (OrangePi Win, Bananapi M2+ and Beelink X2). Soon there will be stability fixes for HDMI detection and faster boot times.

• Official Post

macchese Addons are not a problem, if H5 port is built from LE master (with additional H5 modifications). However, I'm not sure which URL current test image is using.

Regarding HDMI CEC, I really don't know what's wrong here. New driver approach, which works very well with other SoCs, doesn't work here at all. Old approach works as bad as with other SoCs. I will need to take a look at that again at some point, but additional issue I noticed is that there was sporadic Kodi crash. It may be due to a hack in mali driver. I would rather wait for lima to become fully usable, before merging H5 port in LE master.

• Hello dear Jernej and everyone,

I'd like to give some examples of video which have problems with decoding.

1. A video which had been converted from MJPEG (webcam) with the following parameters:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -crf 20 -preset slow -vf hqdn3d -vf normalize -b:a 256k output.mp4

At the time of converting, there were tons of these messages:

[mjpeg @ 0000027996d7f0c0] unable to decode APP fields: Invalid data found when processing input

However, the result works normally on PC. On the Orange Pi PC Plus + nightly LibreELEC 15.05.2019 it is played slow and jerky.

2. The second one was converted from MPEG4 to HEVC1 with default parameters. After trying to play it, the sound starts to play and the system immediately reboots.

The files can be downloaded from fere: Облако Mail.Ru

Edited once, last by DJ Mogarych (May 19, 2019 at 8:22 PM).

• Official Post

1. A video which had been converted from MJPEG (webcam) with the following parameters:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -crf 20 -preset slow -vf hqdn3d -vf normalize -b:a 256k output.mp4

If I understand your mediainfo file correctly, it's 4:4:4 which won't work for now. I'm not sure if this is HW limitation or just not supported at this point in driver.

2. The second one was converted from MPEG4 to HEVC1 with default parameters. After trying to play it, the sound starts to play and the system immediately reboots.

HEVC driver is not stable yet, but I'll add your sample to my test collection.