"no signal" with xbian kernel on imx

• Sadly no.

I went back to openelect... since it work without anyproblem, but I would be really happy to change to Libreelect.

What I don't really understand is, if Librelect is just a fork that in this version has really few changes from Openelec (I understood that mosly none), how is possible this bug?

Just asking with mere curiosity.

• What I don't really understand is, if Librelect is just a fork that in this version has really few changes from Openelec

Well, you are wrong here - kernel version is different for imx6 project. What I want to bring in imx6 project is newer kernel v4+ to support docker easily. Also to support some extra hw. But all this brings other problems as well

• Well, you are wrong here - kernel version is different for imx6 project. What I want to bring in imx6 project is newer kernel v4+ to support docker easily. Also to support some extra hw. But all this brings other problems as well

Ahhhh!!! OK!!! thanks for the explanaton. I think I read somewhere that it was just a fork. Anyways, I undertand and thanks a lot for your work. :)

• Well, you are wrong here - kernel version is different for imx6 project. What I want to bring in imx6 project is newer kernel v4+ to support docker easily. Also to support some extra hw. But all this brings other problems as well

are you following this thread? maybe new kernel(4.6) mentioned here may help?

• Current LE master and kodi master builds and runs without any problems with the older SolidRun-Kernel. That's what I am running currently
    Even though I hope there will be some progress on this issue. I have given up here as I do not have enough experience with kernel debugging and developing.

• 4.6.0 is headless version - no graphics support.
    Kernel 4.4 used in LE is GitHub - xbianonpi/xbian-sources-kernel at imx6-4.4.y. Also patches for Kodi Jarvis are from there.

Maybe someone should just try LE image with 3.14 kernel. But then this would be "just" the same as oe.

well, maybe... but maybe not!
    i'm not envolved in other projects(nuc, rp2/3 etc), all i can see is that LE provide a stable verion for this products for kodi 16,
    something that until today OE haven't done. so maybe it could be a positive thinking to release to the cubox community
    a stable LE version with working kernel, in this case many users i believe will switch to LE version.

i have one sd card with LE, and another one with latest beta of OE. both have same setup, same addons and skins.
    deffently the picture is much better in LE(maybe because of the kernel). especially on liveTV and online channels.
    so, maybe it's a possitive thinking first to provide a test img for that?
    any case, this is what i thought.

i may speak for sure in the name of the cubox community in my country, and maybe all the users at all, that they just want
    a finally and working version for their cubox with kodi 16.1.

Edited once, last by danielk (May 18, 2016 at 7:40 AM).

• users at all, that they just want a finally and working version for their cubox

imx6 community is very small. And I know only few people who can actualy develop something for this platform. That's why you can't compare imx6 project with all others (like RPi which has daily development).

If the choice for using different/newer kernel was wrong then someone should tell that and I will revert/remove all the changes I have done in this area. Maybe then the image will finaly be stable.

Edited once, last by vpeter (May 18, 2016 at 8:22 AM).

• If there were a working version of LE for Cubox-i, I would change in a heardbeat.

I'm stuck in OE because I don't have any other option.

With a working version I mean something easy to install and without any problem.
    [hr]
    by the way... doesn't SolidRun provide any support in this area?

Edited once, last by lpuerto (May 18, 2016 at 8:24 AM).

• imx6 community is very small. And I know only few people who can actualy develop something for this platform. That's why you can't compare imx6 project with all others (like RPi which has daily development).

If the choice for using different/newer kernel was wrong then someone should tell that and I will revert/remove all the changes I have done in this area. Maybe then the image will finaly be stable.

i know that the community is small. but this is a good product that the most of the users have no issue so we don't "hear" about it a lot.
    in my particular case, i have no problem. it's works perfect. but the mayority of the users have issues. so if we want to please the most
    of the community i think it'll be a good step.(maybe it's possible to open another project and wait for a fix of the new kernel?)
    in that case, i'll ask you if you may open a new post in the community builds forum.

thx vpeter for your efforts and pattient(something that i don't have )

Edited once, last by danielk (May 18, 2016 at 8:55 AM).

• imx6 community is very small. And I know only few people who can actualy develop something for this platform. That's why you can't compare imx6 project with all others (like RPi which has daily development).

vpeter, I greatly appreaciate your work in this area and it is great to see that this project didn't die yet.
    At the moment somehow it looks like there are some issues with this kernel (or graphics modules) which lead to incompatibilities with some TVs. I don't think that you should revert your work just because of this.
    Right now it is good as it is with these two options, modern xbian kernel and "official" SR kernel for those having issues. Maybe with one of the future kernels these issues are gone.

• vpeter, I greatly appreaciate your work in this area and it is great to see that this project didn't die yet.
    At the moment somehow it looks like there are some issues with this kernel (or graphics modules) which lead to incompatibilities with some TVs. I don't think that you should revert your work just because of this.
    Right now it is good as it is with these two options, modern xbian kernel and "official" SR kernel for those having issues. Maybe with one of the future kernels these issues are gone.

[emoji106] [emoji115]

Sent from my SM-E500F using Tapatalk

• I had the same issue when i tried to upgrade from OE -> LE with the tar file.
    Formatted sd, and installed 7.0.2 clean.

Got the logo, it started to the partition modify thing and then rebooted after that i do not get picture.
    Just black screen but I can hear the UI sounds.
    My TV reports the signal as 720p. Sony bravia led 48".

EDIT:

Modified the uev txt file on windows so that it has ssh in it.
    After that booted up cubox and got picture and seeing ui.
    Will continue testing and I am now afraid to boot my cubox. :D

Edited once, last by leripe (July 5, 2016 at 4:33 PM).

• So adding ssh did the trick? This "feels" strange to me...
    Or was it already succesful after that clean install?

Well seemed so but it can also just be a reboot and luck, dunno.

Also the resolution in the settings was still 720p and 50hz.
    Changed it to 1080p and 60hz, and still working.
    Also watching stuff worked, but still haven't rebooted again.

Edit: rebooted and still working, but i only needed to reboot because cec wasn't working today when i turned the TV on. Cec works after reboot.

Edit2: Anyhow, seems that i should ditch my cubox and just get rpi3 to replace it for active development or if this libre version continues to work, ill stay on it but otherwise gotta go back to oe 6..
    LibreELEC.tv/projects/imx6 at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    GitHub - secuflag/LibreELEC.tv
    last changes 2 months ago. :( but the stuff is free soz

Edit3: the cec issue is persistent. Everytime i close tv it stops working and i have pull the cubox power out keep tv on while booting it in order to have cec working. So i just downgraded to the latest oe beta with the tar file and all is ok now, but no le. :(

Edited once, last by leripe (July 7, 2016 at 9:27 AM).