Posts by PeterB

Pleased to have found this thread - I was already running v9.2.3, but had tried copying the files from /boot (/flash) on the Raspbian distro and was greatly disappointed.

Reverted my /flash and all is running great, booting from USB flash drive.:thumbup:

Just thinking - a long time ago, when I was running OpenElec on Intel hardware, I was using network boot - perhaps I can try that again.

I am attempting to update my LibreELEC platforms from RPi3 to RPi4 in the understanding that HVEC support will be better and that I can play UHD content.

While the RPi4 starts up fine and presents the KODI menu, on my Sony 1280p TV, it fails on my 2160p LG.

The symptoms are that the rainbow splash screen displays, followed by the LibreELEC splash screen with boot messages in the top left corner. However, when I would expect to see the KODI splash screen, the display goes black and, after a few seconds, the TV reports 'No signal'.

Is there a way to get LibreELEC working on my UHD TV?

Can someone test this image? It is current master build with kernel 3.14 and not 4.4. Wondering if this issue would be gone. But CEC is currently not working - will try to fix if image would actualy work.

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel-20160811220558-r23585-gf808232-sr-3.14.img.gz

That runs on my TBS2910 v1.3!

TBS/OpenELEC splash screen appears, but LibreELEC starts up and displays a Kodi 17.0 home screen. As you say, CEC doesn't work, but the pop-up says it is loaded.

Many thanks for your efforts on this, vpeter - it is very much appreciated!

Tested on the new sdcard with fresh install of the latest alpha and seems that the resolution and cec issues are fixed.

7.90.004 still seems to fail on TBS2910 (Matrix).

The Kodi Log ends with:

Code
    03:39:34  74.064835 T:1961902656   ERROR: InitWindowSystem: Could not initialize
    03:39:34  74.064949 T:1961902656   FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system

From your dmesg output I can see you are using a "TBS2910 Matrix ARM mini PC" with Linux kernel 4.4.8+rt13.
    Did you install generic image?
    For me it looks like it doesn't initialize the framebuffer (fb0) device. Therefore these commands don't work.

I used LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.0.2.tar to upgrade from a running OpenELEC v6.0.3 environment.

For the time being, I have left my other Matrix on OE v6.0.3, but this means that I'm now running with two different databases hosted on my server, with Raspberry Pis on LE7 and Matrixs (Matrices?) on OE6.

Maybe this version will fix some issues.

Ah, it's an image file - I don't have a spare SD card and I boot from the internal ROM. Afraid I can't test it for you.
    [hr]

@All of you reading this and having the same issue I would be interested in output from:
    1. dmesg
    2. cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes

Thank you all

My dmesg is already posted above. However, I have problems with the two commands you suggest:

Code
    Matrix2:~ # echo "V:1152x864p-75" > /sys/class/graphics/mode
    -sh: can't create /sys/class/graphics/mode: Permission denied
    Matrix2:~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes
    cat: can't open '/sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes': No such file or directory

Having completed the update on my RPi2, I decided to perform the update on one of my TBS2910 boxes.

I placed the LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.0.2.tar file in the update folder, over a samba connection, and then rebooted.

After viewing a blank TV screen for a minute, I ssh'd in to the system - this confirmed that LE was definitely running since the old OE password no longer worked!

I discovered that Kodi was repeatedly crashing and restarting.

I renamed my old .kodi folder so that the system would be in 'virgin' state, and rebooted, which resulted in exactly the same symptoms!

My full logs are here: logfiles

I would be grateful for advice on how to recover the system.

Thanks for your swift response

The problem might be, that kodi seems to restart permanently, if you always get a new Kodi splash. So I don't know if

Code
    systemctl stop kodi

will work to avoid kodi from restarting. Probably it's "kill" instead of "stop". I'm not sure. But maybe Kodi needs to be stopped from restarting to properly mv the .kodi folder.

Yep, since kodi was quitting and restarting, the appropriate systemd command is systemctl stop ... no need for a kill signal

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/kodi-backup
    systemctl start kodi

and kodi starts up in its 'initial' mode just fine.

I guess that if I copy my advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml back into that virgin folder, I will find out whether my central database is also mangled.

For the note....always provide the full logs. Maybe that's more helpful for the devs.

Sure, but it seemed pretty clear that the problem was highlighted in those final lines. Full logs can always follow of required.
    [hr]
    Okay, almost all is back in order and working. I'm using my original /storage/.kodi folder and all of my settings / configurations are okay ... except that I've had to comment out the following from my advancedsettings.xml:

Code
    <!--  <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>172.22.0.100</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>XXXX</user>
        <pass>XXXX</pass>
      </musicdatabase> -->

If I leave that in, then I get the original

Code
    [code]
    ERROR: SQL: [MyMusic56] The table does not exist

[/code]
    error.

So, while the /storage version of the database has MyMusic56, it appears not to exist in the MariaDB database.

What do I need to do to create MyMusic56 data in MariaDB? Would removing MyMusic56.db from /storage (leaving just the MyMusic52 version) help?

I have been running OE for many years, on several different generations of hardware (AMD E45, RPi1, Matrix TBS2910 amd RPi2).
    Most recently, my main installation has been running OE v6.0.3 on the RPi2.
    I have just attempted to update that system to LE7.0.2 by placing the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar file in the updates folder.

Following the archive extraction, md5 checks and image file copying, the system rebooted itself, as expected. First it displayed the rainbow screen, then a LibreELEC welcome splash.

Unfortunately, there was a powercut during this process.

Now, when the system boots up it gets into a loop, displaying the Kodi v16.1 Jarvis splash briefly (less than a second) approximately every ten to 15 seconds.

The system is not rebooting - an ssh session stays permanently connected.

The Kodi crash log ends as follows:

So, it would seem that my database has become corrupted.

The Database folder has the following content:

However, there is the complication that my 'real' database is held on a file server running MariaDB. The server is protected by UPS - unfortunately, the media systems are not!

Can I simply delete the remnants of the Addons20 database and the db update will restart?

Will a similar problem exist on my database server and, if so, how can I clean that up?

Other systems, still running OE6.0.3, still seem to be working correctly, with a complete database.