Posts by lpuerto

Hey!

First of all, thanks for your work vpeter!

Are you going to release any version of LibreELEC with 3.14 kernel with Kripton Relesease Candidate? or are you going to wait until the stable version?

Do you know if there is any progress on the solution to the problem with the new kernel is some cubox-i / tv?

If there were a working version of LE for Cubox-i, I would change in a heardbeat.

I'm stuck in OE because I don't have any other option.

With a working version I mean something easy to install and without any problem.
    [hr]
    by the way... doesn't SolidRun provide any support in this area?

Well, you are wrong here - kernel version is different for imx6 project. What I want to bring in imx6 project is newer kernel v4+ to support docker easily. Also to support some extra hw. But all this brings other problems as well

Ahhhh!!! OK!!! thanks for the explanaton. I think I read somewhere that it was just a fork. Anyways, I undertand and thanks a lot for your work. :)

Sadly no.

I went back to openelect... since it work without anyproblem, but I would be really happy to change to Libreelect.

What I don't really understand is, if Librelect is just a fork that in this version has really few changes from Openelec (I understood that mosly none), how is possible this bug?

Just asking with mere curiosity.

ok, didn't tested yet the vpeter image.
    but i notice that lately, everytime i reboot my cubox, i have to do it 2-3 times until it's boot fine.
    here is the crash log founded in the temp directoty.

kodi crash - Pastebin.com

and this is the kidi.log. hope it's help

15:30:14 21.847853 T:1962094592 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: speci - Pastebin.com

this is my guisettings.xml
    <settings> <accessibility> <audiohearing default="true">false</aud - Pastebin.com

Thanks for the heads up!

Calm down you fool and be happy that any developer is doing this hard work for imx6-devices at the moment. Because if not, in future you haven't any signal on your device at all.
    [hr]

Don't be so angry because of such idiots. You are just doing fantastic work. Your images for imx6 works like charm for me.....

I was just kidding!!!! where is your sense of humor?

I also thing you are doing a gread gread job!!! I'm sorry if you didn't get the pun. (I should have expalined it right away).
    [hr]

Calm down you fool and be happy that any developer is doing this hard work for imx6-devices at the moment. Because if not, in future you haven't any signal on your device at all.

You are'nt really friendly. I know what you are talking... but you also have to think that one decides to update its devive (because people say that it isn't going to be any problem) and when they do find out that it doesn't longer works. It's not really good feeling. I have to be up late to roll back changes.

Anyway, I'm really thankful to the developers of this project for their work. It's really awesome

Not a very helpful report. What file did you download? What did you do with it? What happened?

Yeah, I know... I was in a hurry when I wrote the report.

I downloaded the "manual update from OpenElec iMX6 Build (community support)" and drop in the "update" folder.

After the installation it didn't started. No even the libreelec splash screen. So... I took my microsd and install it manually, no without some struggle. I was able to get the spalsh screen of libreelec, but no splash screen on kodi. I really think that the issue is related to output from the kernel or something like that (I read about it in the forum).

I'll try again thing afternoon and report. OK?

I think I had this issue.

I update Libreelec from Openelec and I doesn't have any signal, and even I didn't have it running for some reason. I decieded to install it clean and I have no signal. I finally rollback to OpenElec (with the subsecend pain of have to use the backup and lose some grafical configurations (I don't know why)).

I'll try to install clean libreelec this evening on a spare card I have. Yes, I know, this is that I should have done in the beginning, but everyone told me that update would be as easy as just drop the .tar on the update folder. LIARS! :(

how do you do that if you have no signal? I can't see anything on the screen... or do you suggest do it before update?