Posts by leripe

Hello,

Having this issue that the kodi no longer saves subtitles next to the video file.

The setting is ON, but does not work.

Tried to reset the setting but didn't help.

Checked NFS permissions and they are the same and even gave more permissions i think.

If I set a manual subtitle download folder, then it works but the subtitles are name like this: 12424.en.srt which is not really helpful for manually moving the subs to the right folder.

Nor does kodi load the sub for the same video from the custom subtitle folder when playing the same video again.

How to fix this?

Got the latest libreelec version 9.2.0 for rpi3 installed.

Thanks!

I'll borrow this thread for asking:
    On which temperature does the thermostat come up on the screen? 75c?
    How to raise that to something like 85c or disable that thing altogether?
    I have been getting that high temp recently even with heatsinks and oc with the case top cover not closed fully.
    Or is there some bug in the recent few alpha builds?

Hi,

I am looking for better wifi dongle for my RPI2, preferably with bigger antenna or at least better than this wifi dongle: USB Wifi 2.4 GHz Adapter for the Raspberry Pi - The Pi Hut

Could anyone recommend something that will work with LE?

EDIT:
    Have been trying to search for one.

Will wifi dongle with Ralink RT 5372 wireless chipset work? That chipset is not listed here: LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    WIFI 300Mbps Wireless Adaptor Antenna 802.11 G N LAN Network USB Dongle Adapter | eBay

This will work I guess: Review: ANEWKODI 300M Wireless-N 2.4 GHz USB Adapter | WirelesSHack
    Anewkodi 300m USB WiFi Dongle 2.4ghz 802.11n/g/b Network Adapter Band Antenna | eBay

Edit2:

I think I found the cheapest one: 300Mbps USB Mini Wireless Network LAN Adapter Card WIFI 802.11n/g/b Antenna Hot

Sadly I can't setup ARC with my Samsung TV UE40JU7090 and AV receiver Onkyo TX-SR508. I think I had this already running when I got TV few months back and don't understand why now doesn't work anymore. Maybe some TV upgrade.
    Meaning I can't reproduce this issue to try to fix it... Any tip welcome.

Edit: Having it working yesterday and today doesn't work anymore.

Sounds weird. Haven't had any issues with my TV's stuff. I would contact the samsung support for that or factory reset the tv.
    Well I think the key to fixing my CEC issue is that all the new CEC related stuff from the xbian kernel version needs to be backported to the 3.14 kernel version.
    But I think I'll have bought rpi3 before this issue is fixed if there are no devs. :(

Can you describe in detail how you have all 3 devices hooked up? Cuboxi to TV on one hdmi and also soundbar to tv on another hdmi (with arc)?

I will play a little over weekend and see if I can reproduce the issue. But I don't have any soundbar - only Onkyo AV receiver. And in my tests it was turned off and cuboxi was connected directly to tv.

Cuboxi directly connected with hdmi to TV's hdmi port..
    Soundbar directly connected to TV's another hdmi port which is a hdmi-arc port.
    With this I can use my TV's remote to control volume on the soundbar and navigate kodi on cuboxi.
    The soundbar has a built-in feature which turns it ON when turning the TV ON.
    TV also remembers the last hdmi input which was selected, so I Kodi was selected when I turn the TV OFF, it is selected when I turn it ON.
    The soundbar turns ON automatically no matter which hdmi/normal tv was selected before turning the TV OFF.
    The soundbar also detects when the keep audio alive timer ends on Kodi, when the timer is out the soundbar triggers 15min(?) automatic shutdown and doesn't turn ON automatically when I play something on Kodi if it has shutdown. So the soundbar only turns ON automatically when both TV and soundbar are OFF, and the TV is turned ON.

When I turn off the soundbar the TV switches to TV's speakers, but this doesn't wake up the CEC for TV's Remote.
    I literally have to unplug soundbar's hdmi from the TV's hdmi-arc port and then turn the TV OFF and ON for CEC to work with the TV's Remote with the 3.14 kernels.

I'll try to clarify more if needed. :)

The only problem is who will analyze them and fix the issues

Okays, log providing was too hard since apparantly logs have all the info on my system, ip addresses, files, shares etc.
    It was too pain in the ass to try to CTRL+F censor them..
    Sorry..
    I'll rather live with the bugs than try do that again.

But for just testing the 3.14 kernel, Index of /imx6-solidrun-kernel-3.14/, CEC TV remote issue I noticed this:

When turning the TV ON and OFF:

CEC works if I do not have my soundbar connected (via hdmi-arc).
    CEC does not work if soundbar is connected.
    CEC works if I turn OFF soundbar when I turn OFF the tv, so turning ON the TV will turn ON the soundbar automatically and this somehow "wakes" up the CEC to work with TV Remote.

With the "test1" 3.14 kernel, test1, has the same result as above "not test1" kernel.

With the xbian 4.4 kernel, Index of /imx6-xbian-kernel-4.4/, there's no issue with CEC TV remote with or without the soundbar connected.

Yes, it is okay.

Can you try this image: LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.90.005-sr-3.14.img.gz
    For me with Samsung TV UE40JU7090 still working as it should. Maybe it is your TV to blame

Hmm.. I think it might have something to do with my soundbar connected via hdmi-arc since cec works after turning the screen back on if the soundbar has been shutdown before. Powering on the tv turns on the soundbar automatically (doesn't matter if hdmi input for cubox is selected or just normal tv).
    I'll do more testing tomorrow.
    No issue like this on the xbian 4.4 kernel, though.

Edit: Did not have time today, let's see tomorrow. Sorry.

Tried those and it worked if I quickly turned the TV back on.

I previously had these settings also off:
    Devices to power on during startup
    Devices to power off during shutdown
    Send "Inactive source" command on shutdown
    Put devices in standby mode when activating the screensaver
    Wake devices when deactivating the screensaver

With the newer kernel the CEC works with your settings and mine.

I have been switching between the kernels with the .tar files, is that okay or can it cause problems?

Thanks for feedback. I will test this in next days and maybe, just maybe we would have luck to get a fix
    [hr]

What playback issues? I though it works perfectly?

Ok, thanks. :)

Older kernel = no playback issues, but it has the cec issue
    Newer kernel = no cec issue, but it has the playback issue

CEC issue: CEC does not work after you close tv/screen and turn it back on.
    Playback issue: Sometimes during the playback the screen goes black with no audio during playback and this does not pause the playback.

Haven't noticed any other issues. (or maybe some crashes/freezing here and there but nothing that I could reproduce)

Not sure if this related to the same black screen issue, but sometimes when playing video with my setup, the screen goes black for few seconds.
    The playback does not pause when this happens, but I also lose audio during black screen.
    This is hard to reproduce since its very random, but I'll enable all logs to see if I can catch this shortly after rebooting.
    This did not ever happen with any OE build I have used (like from 5.x-latest alpha).

This issue still persists with alpha .005.
    Also tested on different monitor and it happens on that too.
    I'll try to come up with the logs next week.
    My RPI2 does not suffer from this issue on these monitor/tv.

And a sample of the video file, plus screenshots of your audio settings please.

Cannot give you a sample, but it's every video file with 5.1 sounds and/or dolby/ac3 so shouldn't be hard to get one.

I also bought a new sdcard and put the latest OE alpha there.
    With OE there are no sound issues, no need to amplificate the sound. All settings seem to work, dts, ac3, passthrough, stereo upmix etc.
    All have effect on the sound and now I can enjoy my sound system.
    So I would guess there has been some sound related changes OE6.95.3 vs LE 7.90.004 and LE just is not there yet.
    I'll test the LE 7.90.005 which is being released soon and will provide those screenshots if the issues are still there.

Edit:

Switched my RPI2 to the tv setup and updated it to 7.90.005.
    All sounds work right with RPI and this build (did not test with .004 build).
    I also noticed that the sound issue maybe a thing that you have noticed, since there are now settings like Threshold for pitch correction and PLL adustment to maintain audio/video sync?
    My RPI2 settings are the same as on my cubox except the new settings in 7.90.005 (and volume amplification due low sound, gpu accelration = high on cubox). Attached pics.

Not sure if this related to the same black screen issue, but sometimes when playing video with my setup, the screen goes black for few seconds.
    The playback does not pause when this happens, but I also lose audio during black screen.
    This is hard to reproduce since its very random, but I'll enable all logs to see if I can catch this shortly after rebooting.
    This did not ever happen with any OE build I have used (like from 5.x-latest alpha).