"no signal" with xbian kernel on imx

• Can someone test this image? It is current master build with kernel 3.14 and not 4.4. Wondering if this issue would be gone. But CEC is currently not working - will try to fix if image would actualy work.

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel-20160811220558-r23585-gf808232-sr-3.14.img.gz

That runs on my TBS2910 v1.3!

TBS/OpenELEC splash screen appears, but LibreELEC starts up and displays a Kodi 17.0 home screen. As you say, CEC doesn't work, but the pop-up says it is loaded.

Many thanks for your efforts on this, vpeter - it is very much appreciated!

Edited once, last by PeterB (August 13, 2016 at 12:18 AM).

Tested on the new sdcard with fresh install of the latest alpha and seems that the resolution and cec issues are fixed.
    Thanks for the devs!!!!

Hello everyone,
    I'm kinda confused. Does the latest alpha work or do I have to use the build vpeter mentioned in his last post (or does this only fix TBS problems). I'd like to give one of those a try on a spare SD card and imx6 (Cubox i4).
    Will report the progress. :)

Thanks for keeping up the imx6 work. Really appreciate it!

• You have to try by yourself if the latest alpha works for you. Nobody can tell. It seems to depend on your hardware setup, especially the attached TV.
    The latest alpha is build with the 4.4 kernel from xbian project. For some reason there are users (including me) who get "no signal" on TV.
    Those user should use the image with the older 3.14 kernel from SolidRun, this is the one from vpeters post here. But this kernel is a bit outdated and obviously has CEC issues.

So best is to try the 4.4 kernel first and if it works everything's fine, otherwise you could try the alternative image.

• You have to try by yourself if the latest alpha works for you. Nobody can tell. It seems to depend on your hardware setup, especially the attached TV.
    The latest alpha is build with the 4.4 kernel from xbian project. For some reason there are users (including me) who get "no signal" on TV.
    Those user should use the image with the older 3.14 kernel from SolidRun, this is the one from vpeters post here. But this kernel is a bit outdated and obviously has CEC issues.

So best is to try the 4.4 kernel first and if it works everything's fine, otherwise you could try the alternative image.

OK, I tried 7.90.004 alpha. This DOES fix the resolution / black screen problem for me. This means Kodi starts into the GUI and everything looks fine. Great. :)
    Setup: Cubox i4 --> Yamaha RX-V370 --> HDMI Splitter --> LG 42LV3550 TV

My second problem is that Kodi restarts everytime I start the Yamaha Receiver (the TV starts as well). All CEC is disabled on all devices. It's not a big deal, but maybe anyone can confirm this and (if easy) we can figure out a solution even though this is most likely connected to my hardware setup.

Thanks. :)

• Not sure if this related to the same black screen issue, but sometimes when playing video with my setup, the screen goes black for few seconds.
    The playback does not pause when this happens, but I also lose audio during black screen.
    This is hard to reproduce since its very random, but I'll enable all logs to see if I can catch this shortly after rebooting.
    This did not ever happen with any OE build I have used (like from 5.x-latest alpha).

Edited once, last by leripe (August 30, 2016 at 5:35 AM).

• thanks for the offer. Attached are the debug-logs kodi.log and kodi.old.log , I can't figure out anything, but maybe you can? :)
    If you need any other logfiles just let me know.

Sorry for late reply.
    I don't see anything in kodi log. Also have no idea where to look for this issue.

• Not sure if this related to the same black screen issue, but sometimes when playing video with my setup, the screen goes black for few seconds.
    The playback does not pause when this happens, but I also lose audio during black screen.
    This is hard to reproduce since its very random, but I'll enable all logs to see if I can catch this shortly after rebooting.
    This did not ever happen with any OE build I have used (like from 5.x-latest alpha).

This issue still persists with alpha .005.
    Also tested on different monitor and it happens on that too.
    I'll try to come up with the logs next week.
    My RPI2 does not suffer from this issue on these monitor/tv.

• Because blank screen issue can't be fixed by me I decided to build also imx6 images based on Linux kernel 3.14 from solidrun. It has some drawbacks but the most important part (video playing) should work.

Forum thread LibreELEC

• I'll try it out. If I am with 4.8 should I have some issues?

If issue is not fixed then you will stuck with black screen. Maybe enable SSH before so you can update manually back to 4.8.

Or create one new sd card just for this test. It would be safer.

Edited once, last by vpeter (March 12, 2017 at 1:33 PM).

• If issue is not fixed then you will stuck with black screen. Maybe enable SSH before so you can update manually back to 4.8.

Or create one new sd card just for this test. It would be safer.

Hey!

I just tried on a new SD, and didn't work for me. Sorry.

Black screen forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited once, last by vpeter (March 12, 2017 at 2:06 PM).

• Hey!

I just tried on a new SD, and didn't work for me. Sorry.

Black screen forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey, how it's your setup? And are you connected via receiver or you plugged the cubox directly to your TV?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk