Support for A10/A20

• I uploaded new test images for A10:

LibreELEC-A10.arm-9.80-devel-20200216105054-0b8cbed-mele.img.gz

LibreELEC-A10.arm-9.80-devel-20200216111916-0b8cbed-inet97fv2.img.gz

It turns out that A10 has Cortex A8 with vfpv3 for floating point coprocessor as opposed to Cortex A7 and vfpv4 on A20. This means optimizations were set wrong for A10 and of course init script crashed.

Hi jernej

I finally found and charged my inet97 tablet and tried the image.

Unfortunately the boot up stopped with the statement regarding USB. See attachment.

Once boot stops there the screen gradually turn more and more into extremely bright and uneven white.

Not sure what it could be

• such issues are usually caused by wrongly set clocks. I wrongly assumed that this is tv box and enabled hdmi. Maybe hdmi driver messed clocks...

• such issues are usually caused by wrongly set clocks. I wrongly assumed that this is tv box and enabled hdmi. Maybe hdmi driver messed clocks...

Well actually it has a mini hdmi output.

I'm having a kind of working quite dated version of linux working on it. Should i extract the dtb (if the kernel already is using dtb) for reference?Edit: found and uploaded DTB just in case :) sun4i-a10-inet97fv2.dtb.zip

Edited once, last by lumpi ().

• Well, it can have hdmi output, but currently clock driver is not smart enough to properly set clocks for two display outputs.

• Well, it can have hdmi output, but currently clock driver is not smart enough to properly set clocks for two display outputs.

Oh ok so it's a sw issue, that doesn't allow two displays at once?

Is this a general thing with all allwinners or a10 specific?

• Yes, it's mostly clock driver issue, with all Allwinner SoCs. Depending on the setup, it might work for you. But most of the time it won't.

• Yes, it's mostly clock driver issue, with all Allwinner SoCs. Depending on the setup, it might work for you. But most of the time it won't.

Oh ok, so not really an issue for tv boxes but for tablets and the likes of pine books and teres

• No, I don't have any A10 board. However, your statements are contradictory. Link name mentions broken H264 decode but you linked to error message which clearly come from GPU. GPU and VPU have nothing in common. Full HD screen only needs about 8 MiB of memory for GUI (used by GPU). Hard to say anything...

• It was the only error message in the kodi log. Is there another way to get more useful logs? Perhaps the v4l2 test utility from the bootlin guys?