Guys, I'm considering removing A20 support from master branch, which would also mean no more nightly images and certainly no stable images once LE10 is released. I tested olinuxino micro A20 board today and there is a ton of kernel related issues. In order to fix them I would need to spend considerable amount of time studying various HW cores which I don't want (A20 HW is pretty different in comparison to any other currently supported AW SoC).
- HDMI audio driver crashes at resolution switch
- HDMI audio sometimes doesn't work
- HDMI EDID is sometimes read incorrectly (fall back to 1024x768 and no audio)
- HW video decoding crashes (out of memory) during interlaced H264 video playback
- after playback, Kodi GUI may become corrupted (GPU driver issue? Kodi bug? who knows)
In my opinion, above issues make images unusable, except in some not so common cases. Additionally, SoC is very weak and memory has limited bandwith. Even a bit newer H3 is much better supported and has none of the described problems.
If there is someone who wants to fix above and possibly other issues, I will be glad to keep A20 port alive or resurrect it later.
Where i can get last build for a20?
Latest try with LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20201014-74eb09f-bananapi:
Yes, I tested several videos H264 HD, SD XviD, AVC. (XviD videos are also jerky). In general, when I switch from a running video to another, playback switches to that new video, but the image is a still image from the original, only the audio from the new one continues. Same when I jump forward or backward during playback.
Logs on such jump:
First I have to say that LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200426-65f515b-bananapi (oldest I have) works quite well. These test videos mostly play well (H264 SD HD) I can jump in a video, switch to another video during playback. There is only a problem: DVB-S2 H264 Full HD channels have delayed audio and fail after a while. O.K playback is on H264 SD channels.
Can you share the file LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200426-65f515b-bananapi ?
alzinzav alucard666 Can you test this image? LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-devel-20200805221456-bd5130b-cubieboard2.img.gz
I don't have CB2, but image for OLinuXino-micro works fine. Note that major change in comparison to LE master branch is that it has Linux 5.8.
I tried a new release, and this is what happens. For my problems:
2. TV Sony 4k KD-55XG8096BR. If I turn on the board first, and then the TV, then 2 resolution are available to me: 800x600 and 1024x768. If I turn on the TV first, and then the board, then i show 1920x1080, but then switch to 800x600, and this resolution only. There is no problem on Samsung FullHD TV, the board turns on normally anyway, with normal resolution, sound trough HDMI work correctly.
4. m2ts now freeze on 40-45 second from beginning.
No more images for A20. It's normal?
I have CubieBoard2 DualCard. I use firmware LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200630-d442dfb-cubieboard2.img and have trouble:
No HDMI Audio(Analog Jack work). No HDMI in Audio Page.Work on another tv with resolution 1920x1200. But sun4i-hdmi, sun4i-hdmi pcm 1c16000.hdmi-0 have low quality of sound. sun4i-hdmi, hdmi have good quality of sound.
2. If i connect board to 4k TV, then i can't change resolution to 16:9 (Only 4:3 - 800x600 and 1024x768) Perhaps because of this, the sound does not work
MicroSD in slot Boot card to workThis i fix.
4. Screen freezes video in m2ts files. ts and mkv play normaly.
How can this be fixed?