Support for A10/A20

• Thanks, that boots into Kodi :)

I am seeing a strange shimmer in the Kodi GUI (starts as soon as the splash screen shows up). It's as if some lines would render the contents of the previous line, instead of its own pixels.

• am seeing a strange shimmer in the Kodi GUI (starts as soon as the splash screen shows up. It's as if some lines would render the contents of the previous line, instead of its own pixels.

Can you make a photo of that or short video? Anyway, it's unlikely that I can help with that issue because I don't have any A10 board. Does that prevent to be able to navigate menu and start video playback?

• Does that prevent to be able to navigate menu and start video playback?

Videos - mpeg4 plays at low fps (< 10 fps) and visible glitches, but at least they keep up with intended playback speed and don't consume all CPU. H264 doesn't play, and makes OSD go bonkers. (see below)

Can you make a photo of that or short video?

Here:

EDIT:

Oh, and there's an exception on shutdown:

Oh, and by the way - what would be the way to set a permanent MAC address on the built-in ethernet NIC?

Edited 2 times, last by myxal: Add exception (February 16, 2020 at 2:13 PM).

• FPS are reported only for UI at the moment, so this is surely lower for menus (not much is going on) and it doesn't match video playback. mpeg4 is slow because there is no HW acceleration and it's decoded by CPU. I have no idea what's going on with H264. For that, I would need at least Kodi debug log and dmesg output.

• mpeg4 is slow because there is no HW acceleration and it's decoded by CPU.

That is odd then, because the OSD reports CPU significantly below 100% when stuttering like that, typically 40-60%

I would need at least Kodi debug log and dmesg output.

Kodi log: kodi.log

dmesg: It seems that after Kodi starts up, the output on UART stops. Is that intended (where should I get it, then)?

• That is odd then, because the OSD reports CPU significantly below 100% when stuttering like that, typically 40-60%

Maybe ffmpeg decode mpeg4 only on one core.

dmesg: It seems that after Kodi starts up, the output on UART stops. Is that intended (where should I get it, then)?

That strongly suggest that Linux crashes. Can you add "ignore_loglevel" to kernel command line in extlinux.conf, along with previous modifications we talked about?

• Maybe ffmpeg decode mpeg4 only on one core.

This is a single-core system, I believe.

add "ignore_loglevel" to kernel command line

Will do. However I did get to dmesg output through ssh1, and there is more - dmesg_video.log

Display Spoiler

EDIT: Yep, with ignore_loglevel the above output is shown on UART, but that happens during startup, before I attempt to play the video. Nothing new shows up in dmesg when I try playing a video.

1 - ssh a2k 'dmesg' > /tmp/dmesg.log # With ssh/config containing UserName, IdentityFile, HostName and LE host having the pubkey in .ssh/authorized_keys

Edited 2 times, last by myxal (February 16, 2020 at 3:19 PM).

• This is a single-core system, I believe.

Oh, I mixed up few SoCs. That's strange then. You can always press "o" during playback to check if video is HW decoded or not.

However I did get to dmesg output through ssh1, and there is more

Nothing strange here. But it kernel actually crashed, you shouldn't be able to get ssh connection. Is there any file with "kodi_crashlog" in same folder than normal kodi log?

• You can always press "o" during playback to check if video is HW decoded or not.

Right. "ff-mpeg4 (SW)" Damn, I thought mpeg4 was supported. Still strange that it doesn't use all available CPU:

Is there any file with "kodi_crashlog" in same folder than normal kodi log?

Nope, just kodi.old.log

Edited once, last by myxal (February 16, 2020 at 3:48 PM).

• Anyway, this seems to be the relevant error from kodi.log:

Code
    2020-02-16 14:33:36.338 T:612   DEBUG: EGL Debugging:
                                                Error: EGL_BAD_ALLOC
                                                Command: eglCreateImageKHR
                                                Type: EGL_DEBUG_MSG_CRITICAL_KHR
                                                Message: dri2_create_image_khr_texture
    2020-02-16 14:33:36.338 T:612   ERROR: CEGLImage::CreateImage - failed to import buffer into EGL image: 12291

jernej, are you familiar with how the GPU/system memory split is set up? From top, I see 480 MiB is available to the system, leaving just 32 MiB to GPU. This is much smaller than the ~200 MB allocation for GPU I saw in the stock Android.

EDIT: Never mind, read up on how the "memory split" works in mainline. CMA's reserved 96MiB should be good, I think.

Edited once, last by myxal (February 18, 2020 at 5:45 PM).

• Code
    Я пытаюсь подключить Samsung A10 с телевизором, чтобы смотреть файлы из облаков на большом экране. Они просят регион там. Это можно изменить.
  • jernej seems its parallel. It's certainly not LVDS is this one is not enabled. The fex section describes it as lcd_para so I assume this means parallel. I think this is out of my league but maybe I find a site with some good explanation. I already found this: ST Community

but I'm still confused about this drm/kms stuff.

I see somebody just recently is working on DRM/KMS for LVDS screens on the A20: Re: [linux-sunxi] LVDS screen on Cubieboard 2 (Allwinner A20) via DRM/KMS