[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Where do you get the new dtb ? Have you tried running with the standard dtb from the image ?

I got if from my original Android firmware, I tried standard dtb file too, but the system still reboot again and again, I checked UART log , it looks like:

## ANDROID Format IMAGE

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 12000000 ...

Image Name: Linux-3.10.99

Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (lzo compressed)

Data Size: 5519794 Bytes = 5.3 MiB

Load Address: 00208000

Entry Point: 00208000

Verifying Checksum ... OK

Ramdisk start addr = 0x12544800, len = 0x199b83

dectect realtek sdio wifi, config to sdio controller

Multi dtb tool version: v2 .

Multi dtb detected, support 8 dtbs.

aml_dt soc: m8m2 platform: n200 variant: sdio

dtb 0 soc: m8 plat: k200 vari: 2gsdhc

dtb 1 soc: m8 plat: k200 vari: 2gsdio

dtb 2 soc: m8 plat: k200 vari: sdhc

dtb 3 soc: m8 plat: k200 vari: sdio

dtb 4 soc: m8m2 plat: n200 vari: 1G

dtb 5 soc: m8m2 plat: n200 vari: 2G

dtb 6 soc: m8m2 plat: n200C vari: 1G

dtb 7 soc: m8m2 plat: n200C vari: 2G

Not match any dtb.

Flat device tree start addr = 0x126de800, len = 0x2000000 magic=0x5f4c4d41

Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

uboot time: 5086716 us.

EFUSE machid is not set.

Using machid 0xf81 from environment

error: not a fdt

Loading Ramdisk to 1fe66000, end 1ffffb83 ... OK

ERROR: image is not a fdt - must RESET the board to recover.

resetting ...

then system reboot again.

Here the image I tested is "LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-8.0.2.img" and "LibreELEC-S812.arm-18.0_20180601-LAN_100.img", and the results are same.

• Android device tree files work on Android not Linux. On an LE 3.14 kernel they will be similar, but they are not interchangeable.

I had DTS (device tree sources) file, is it possible to build a new dtb file for the new kernel? Thanks!

• Hi balbes150

Your last image for me work like a charme, but (its always a but), the HDMI CEC doesnt work. Have you intend make it work.

Thanks and regards

• Has anyone been able to update from balbes150's 8.2.3 to the 06/22 Leia build via .tar successfully? I help friends with their M8S boxes, but don't want to end up messing the boxes up with problems.

• I was able to update from 8.2.3 (Demetris) to 9.0 (Babels)

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-PLUS.tar

to

LibreELEC-S812.arm-9.0-devel-20180718130923-f2dced1-MXIII_Plus.tar

I just put it in the update folder.

I have a MXIII 2G. Everything seem to go perfectly fine except the remote didnt work.

I had to revert back to 8.2.3 where everything works fine.

I used my remote.conf file, it work fine on 8.2.3 but does not work on 9.0.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Baalho

• I used my remote.conf file, it work fine on 8.2.3 but does not work on 9.0.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Baalho

I also tried LE9 on an S812 and the remote did not work.

I got a response from balbes150 as follows..

"In the current version of the kernel S812 no support for the remote control."

• There is a different way of getting the remote to work on versions after 9...

You need to search the forum

You have to ssh stop kodi, run a command to see key presses

On phone can’t search easily

• Thanks baalho. Been looking for a response for a long time.

FYI, I'm not sure if this works in LE and S812, but I wrote the attached guide for creating what is needed in Coreelec. Give it a shot. I will update if I can to balbes build and see if it works. Note that in the guide the password for putty is "Libreelec" with balbes software.

Would be great to see an update to 8.95.0 (Beta 1) from balbes150.

Edited 5 times, last by doggyofone: For user security reasons please do not attach password protected PDF files to posts; either create a normal file, create a normal post, or request a wiki account to post your guide there. I don't have any password protection on this file, so this is strange. Maybe the VPN? (August 17, 2018 at 3:10 AM).

• Hello folks! I'm a newcomer in search for a good firmware for my M8S OTT box. 2/8 AP6330 N200.

Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

Yandex.Disk

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvis
    Add image Krypton

Which one should I choose for mine? Also will newer lea work?

• Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

Yandex.Disk

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvisv
    Add image Krypton

Hi, I have successfully installed LE on my M8S box. However there's a problem with Wi-Fi. Despite the switch is active, there are no connections listed. The chip is AP6330. Switched to Android, and Wi-Fi works fine.

Edited 2 times, last by rgnr (August 26, 2018 at 10:51 AM).

• Hi, I have successfully installed LE on my M8S box. However there's a problem with Wi-Fi. Despite the switch is active, there are no connections listed. The chip is AP6330. Switched to Android, and Wi-Fi works fine.

You could try the MXIII_plus build. It worked with 3 M8S boxes I fix for friends and WiFi worked.

• Maybe someone of you can help me to fix my remote. I just used it to boot up the box since updating to Leia. ir-keytable -t doesnt show any key. I tried all protocols. This is what I get when type in ir-keytable:

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:

Driver: rc-loopback, table: rc-empty

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6

Enabled protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6

Name: rc-core loopback device

bus: 6, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0001

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

It seems to me like the system isn't loading the driver for the IR receiver.

I attached the dmesg output. Im on the newest build. It is driving me crazy the last couple of days. Everything except of that is working great.

For LibreElec 8.x I got my remote.conf from here Remote control configuration for Libreelec on Amlogic Socs | Micro Devices (exactly my remote). I also tried out some of the presets I found here for similar looking remotes but nothing worked for me.

• It seems to me like the system isn't loading the driver for the IR receiver.

I attached the dmesg output. Im on the newest build. It is driving me crazy the last couple of days. Everything except of that is working great.

For LibreElec 8.x I got my remote.conf from here Remote control configuration for Libreelec on Amlogic Socs | Micro Devices (exactly my remote). I also tried out some of the presets I found here for similar looking remotes but nothing worked for me.

An, I'm not sure if this is the case with balbes150's rom, but with some of the Leia builds the remote has to be rebuilt/created. I have had to do this for several boxes. Check out this thread: How to configure IR remote control - HowTo - CoreELEC Forums

• doggyofone I don't want to be rude but why did you answer? Have you even read my post? If you would have read my post you would understand that this problem occurs during the process. It's evident that I am using the HowTo ...

• doggyofone I don't want to be rude but why did you answer? Have you even read my post? If you would have read my post you would understand that this problem occurs during the process. It's evident that I am using the HowTo ...

There are some ready made files LibreELEC 9.0.x Remote files - Remote Controllers - CoreELEC Forums

One of these might work, saving you the trouble of creating one yourself. My H96 Pro remote looks like yours